Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Obama -VS- McCain Choose your Poison!

Pit-Jr

If the conservative and/or even labour party put an asian forward to become the next prime minister of GB I'm sure we will see the same reaction.

Either way, racism will always exist and its just something that we can only laugh at.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollocks. Every country has masses of racist pricks in it, it's a fact of life.

Yes, but racism really isn't as bad here as it is in most other places. In Canada if someone is being racist, right away someone is going to give them a hard time no matter what race is being disrespected.

Yes, but racism really isn't as bad here as it is in most other places. In Canada if someone is being racist, right away someone is going to give them a hard time no matter what race is being disrespected.

And you know that as a fact right? No. Racism is rife everywhere in the world, it's still a huge problem. If I see someone being racist, I tell them to stop. Does that therefore mean the UK is the same as Canada? Obviously not. Just because of your own experiences, don't generalise a whole nation.

People don't need to voice there views to be racist, so I just find it hard to believe that you can single out Canada as a much less racist country than any other.

And you know that as a fact right? No. Racism is rife everywhere in the world, it's still a huge problem. If I see someone being racist, I tell them to stop. Does that therefore mean the UK is the same as Canada? Obviously not. Just because of your own experiences, don't generalise a whole nation.

People don't need to voice there views to be racist, so I just find it hard to believe that you can single out Canada as a much less racist country than any other.

Funny how you generalise the Canadian population on your experiences in the UK.

Not that it isn't true, though. But there are countries where the racist sentiment is lower than in others.

Funny how you generalise the Canadian population on your experiences in the UK.

Not that it isn't true, though. But there are countries where the racist sentiment is lower than in others.

Hmm, I suppose I did tbh. But still, you see my point. Racism is rife everywhere, even if we don't realise it. So stating one country is obviously less racist than another due to ones experience is a bit much. Again, I know I'm being vaguely hypocritical here, but I can't think of a way to get my point across without sounding so.

Anyway! I pray to God Obama wins this. I watched the last debate, and he is obviously best for the job. Mccain just kept using personal attacks, and it didn't phase Obama once.

Obviously there is still racism. I'm just saying its not to the point in Canada where a large portion of the population wouldn't vote for someone because of their race. And it really is much better than in other countries. It really has to be when a massive part of the population is immigrants.

Obama is way ahead in the polls now, well over 270 points. Its not looking good for McCain anymore.

Obviously there is still racism. I'm just saying its not to the point in Canada where a large portion of the population wouldn't vote for someone because of their race. And it really is much better than in other countries. It really has to be when a massive part of the population is immigrants.

I would of thought the presence of many immigrants would have made it worse. I mean, it seems to of over here. People can be so utterly racist toward them. Also, America has millions upon millions of Immigrants, and yet there are videos like the one I posted of whole towns condemning Obama just because of the colour of his skin.

But anyway I'm digressing. I do see what you were saying.

I would of thought the presence of many immigrants would have made it worse. I mean, it seems to of over here. People can be so utterly racist toward them. Also, America has millions upon millions of Immigrants, and yet there are videos like the one I posted of whole towns condemning Obama just because of the colour of his skin.

I'm not sure if the immigrants themselves have generated hatred and fear as much as the lazy, right wing, scaremongering media have done (the Daily Mail and the like)

Obama 08! Only two weeks to go now....

But everyone in Canada/US is an emigrant!

I don't know, it just seems to be the opposite here.

Would have, would have ...

Anyway, I completely agree: Obama for the win! He's doing pretty good at the moment. :yay:

• 2 weeks later...
Just saw a news report on the SNL skit. Made me laugh them talking about Tina Fey and saying shes become famous because of her Sarah Palin impression even though shes very well known over there already.

She's well known, but the skits have made her become a much more prominent figure. But yeah, I saw that too and did think the same thing.

Anyway, here's hoping America finally elects a good president, and Obama gets into office. There's not long to go now.

Not that im necessarily saying he wont be, but what makes you so sure Obama would be a good president? Absolute power corrupts absolutely after all. I've had this election forced down my throat for the last 2 months now. And Obama talks a good game but will he actually be able to pull off everything he is promising. I'm not convinced he will be able to. Thats not to say for one minute I want McCain to win btw.

I absolutely love how the republicans entire campaign the last week or so has been that Obama will tax you more if you earn over 250k, whereas McCain wont raise taxes at all. I just don't understand how your average American would care that if they earn more then 250k they will be paying more taxes. I mean realistically they aren't ever going to earn that much money.

Not that im necessarily saying he wont be, but what makes you so sure Obama would be a good president? Absolute power corrupts absolutely after all. I've had this election forced down my throat for the last 2 months now. And Obama talks a good game but will he actually be able to pull off everything he is promising. I'm not convinced he will be able to. Thats not to say for one minute I want McCain to win btw.

Well obviously nobody knows for certain. But he's different to all of the other shite over there. It's providing us with hope.

Heh that was awesome :bowdown:

Gotta say that, ignoring his political agenda, I quite like the guy.

Yeah, I quite like McCain as a person. For a Republican he's alright, like a friendly grandad who likes to tell you war stories, and he makes good chips. I just think Obama will be the better president, bit like President Palmer in 24 and there's less risk of him dying and letting an imbecile in the White House.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!