N-Europe

Jon

90210.jpg

So this starts tomorrow in The US of A, it's basically a remake of the orginal, which was a bit before my time, but i'm told it was the beast that started teen drama's. Just bought season one of the original, and apart from the funky hair and questionable style, I thought it was crap - though i've only seen the pilot.

Anyone a fan of the original? planning on checking this out?

lol, when I saw the thread I was like... "WTF is 90, 21, 0?"

Never saw the original and no interest in this new take.

Why did you buy the first season? surely it's online somewhere?!

For the sake of £10, i've got better things to do than search around the web looking for a tv show.

i used to watch the original in its pre-internet era glory. It was like an event really. Very cheesy and over dramatic

Having said that, this new version looks pointless without Shannen Doherty

She is in the new version.

Jon i think you did the right thing. Watch the old episodes and skip the new one altogether, the cast looks incredibly forgettable

:o!

Not Jessica freakin Walter! (speaking of, go make an Arrested Development movie yes?)

I shall give it a try but cautious. Although apparently its edgier. To be fair its got Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah (Freaks & Geeks and Life As We Know It) behind it so they know the game really.

So I've seen the first two episodes....meh. Dull. They attempt scandel (blowjobs, 15 year olds drinking, drugs) but it comes off tripe and forced.

Shame they got some good people. AnnaLynne McCord was excellent as a pyschobitch on Nip/Tuck, but here shes a cliche. And Jessica Walter...well she should be on Arrested Development. She was playing a watered down version of Lucille, but not as good as the original (Lucille, only have hazy memories of the original 90210 as I was quite young).

Will give it a few more episodes but unless it suddenly gets a lot better I won't bother.

(Rob Thomas really has a thing for Wichita)