Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What's Your Salary?

Kirkatronics

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaving the Armed Forces in 6 months time, I earned just over 36k last year. Going from that to probably 20-25k depending on what job I go for. But much less travelling so it will even itself out. Plus my daughter and unborn child will earn me extra (Child tax credits ftw)

Bet thats gonna be great, you dont really have time to spend it in the army so its all yours :p

I think I take home 940/950 a month...

13,300 before tax. (I think?) Could get a £1k more if the appeal for the banding is accepted... Not that it will be. Fuckers.

LOL @ war - everyone pays tax. I think I pay close to £300 a month. But it all comes back to me in the form of lovely medications and health care <3

No lolage required :p I knew everyone paid taxes, just didnt realise how much of a bitch they are. (Howcome you don't sign into MSN/WLM anymore?)

I earn £90 a day which isn't even the best I've been on, the fucker of it is, is that the agency gets paid £150 a day for my work so they just leech £60 a day of my work for no fucking reason

p.s. I have a small penis

What do you do? Cant you 'drop' the agency?

I get paid £4.50 an hour.

I absolutely hate it but I can work whenever I want. That's the beauty of having a dad in charge of a bar. If I work like I'm doing now, four 10 hour days and the little bit more I do, I'd get about £200 a week. 2 of those days I spend most of the time doing fuck all, putting it bluntly.

You know the NMW is £4.60 for someone aged 18-21?

And thats why they keep you :p

Have you asked for more?

Someone else did, but got rejected. I don't really need money that much anyway :)

I'm sticking it out here so it looks better on my CV.

And I like to think they keep me because I'm a valued member of the team :(

Someone else did, but got rejected. I don't really need money that much anyway :)

I meant because you work hard lol, not because your cheap XD

Asking cant hurt can it? The worst they can do is say no.

Average it.

Well I charge £21 per hour. £24 an hour for motorway lessons and £28 an hour for advanced driving lessons.

Usually do about 25 hours a week, but am a bit quieter than that at the moment.

Plus I have to pay for fuel, insurance, advertising, tax, car payments etc etc

But the beauty is I can claim a lot of what I buy as tax deductable. I'll be buying a video iPod soon, and I'll claim it as I would use it to show tuition videos to my pupils in the car.

Last year I got £20 EMA this year I'll get £30 (I think). I also get £20 a week from my mum. But also get my driving lessons paid for. (foster child for the w... actually it's for the loss but I get money and driving lessons from my mum so I don't complain :D).

I have a holiday job allowing kids do sports activities and get paid £6.01 an hour. They are little fucking shits though and deserve a kick in the face. You can tell which ones never get disciplined at home.

Last year I got £20 EMA this year I'll get £30 (I think). I also get £20 a week from my mum. But also get my driving lessons paid for. (foster child for the w... actually it's for the loss but I get money and driving lessons from my mum so I don't complain :D).

I have a holiday job allowing kids do sports activities and get paid £6.01 an hour. They are little fucking shits though and deserve a kick in the face. You can tell which ones never get disciplined at home.

Probs having a better life than you would have :p i say thank them =]

lol I just realised that I actually didn't have a clue how much I made. I checked the NHS pay scales thing. Exactly £14,023 per year. Woot.

Executives make a serious amount of money... Talking along the high end of 80k per year o_o

So thats where all the money is goinnnng! Mystery solved :indeed:

They keep you because you must do your job correctly :heh:. It should go up when you hit 18. I was on 3.97 and when I hit 18 it would have jumped to 5.52, just because of age.

Although I got pissed off before then and handed my notice in.

• 2 weeks later...

I think i should tell you this, and by posting it will soon be on google to warn many others.

The job i singed up for wasn't what they claimed, the hours were long and the quotas near impossible to fill.

It was advertised that i would be delivering electrical goods, but this was not the case. I had to demonstrate a 'Kirby Vacuum Cleaner' telling the it was a free carpet clean. It was all a big scam in which we were taught to preassure customers to buy a Kirby, even if they didn't think they wanted them.

We had to to do 8-10 hours walking per day in estates, knocking on doors handing out fake raffle tickets and taking names. If we didn't get 125 per week we wouldn't get paid.

To top it off, we were told that a telemarketing team would arrange all of our demos. This was a lie, they use the tickets and try get a time to go to.

We have to go to 60 demos per month, selling atleast 1/4 and more in later months! If we didnt do this we would not get our basic wage.

The hours equated to more than 70 hours per week, which was legal because we are classed as self employed..

If someone comes to your door offering a free raffle, if your interested read the back, if it mentions a free carpet clean just close the door.. Dont even say no thanks.

If your too late dont let them in your house, unless you want one.

If you do want one, tell them the most your willing to pay is £1195 dont go a penny higher.

I thought id put this in the salary thread as i didnt know wether to start a new one or not.

NOTE: They ARE amazing machines, and ARE worth the money. Im not disputing that, but the sales methods are bad. Sentria sentrina kirby kerby vac vax vacuum vaccuum vacume

I think i should tell you this, and by posting it will soon be on google to warn many others.

The job i singed up for wasn't what they claimed, the hours were long and the quotas near impossible to fill.

It was advertised that i would be delivering electrical goods, but this was not the case. I had to demonstrate a 'Kirby Vacuum Cleaner' telling the it was a free carpet clean. It was all a big scam in which we were taught to preassure customers to buy a Kirby, even if they didn't think they wanted them.

We had to to do 8-10 hours walking per day in estates, knocking on doors handing out fake raffle tickets and taking names. If we didn't get 125 per week we wouldn't get paid.

To top it off, we were told that a telemarketing team would arrange all of our demos. This was a lie, they use the tickets and try get a time to go to.

We have to go to 60 demos per month, selling atleast 1/4 and more in later months! If we didnt do this we would not get our basic wage.

The hours equated to more than 70 hours per week, which was legal because we are classed as self employed..

If someone comes to your door offering a free raffle, if your interested read the back, if it mentions a free carpet clean just close the door.. Dont even say no thanks.

If your too late dont let them in your house, unless you want one.

If you do want one, tell them the most your willing to pay is £1195 dont go a penny higher.

I thought id put this in the salary thread as i didnt know wether to start a new one or not.

NOTE: They ARE amazing machines, and ARE worth the money. Im not disputing that, but the sales methods are bad.

Sorry what?! £1195 for a carpet cleaner, jesus, no thanks!

But like WHY, is it a magic cleaner that like cleans your whole house too??

I'm sorry but £1195 is like more of my whole wage in a month, no waiiiii I'd part with it :heh:

It is an amazing cleaner, it would take me ages to list what it can do.

I will if you want, but i really cba lol. All i can say is youd prefer this to anything else.

EDIT: Something you may be interested in the hypo-allergen filter, it cleans the air as you vacuum.

It is an amazing cleaner, it would take me ages to list what it can do.

I will if you want, but i really cba lol. All i can say is youd prefer this to anything else.

EDIT: Something you may be interested in the hypo-allergen filter, it cleans the air as you vacuum.

Dysons have hypo allergy whatsit filters - more expensive models, yes, but nowhere near that sort of money.

It'd just be cheaper to pay someone to clean your house though. And then you wouldn't even have to do the work.

Or you could do this? Private cleaners (ie not agency or nhs/corporate employed) make a pittance too. basically min wage - if that

Dont argue about the price lol, its the job im saying is bad.

I was trained how to value build, so i could argue with you for hours about you saying its not worth it.

I just don't see how anyone could argue that as a fair price. Is it even possible to argue that it is worth that? Who would buy one?

No offence but it sounds like a horrendous job.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!