NEurope
Helmsly

The House of The Dead: Overkill

Dave why don't you just write and ask the guys at Kuju. They're a pretty cool bunch as I remember and they'll likely tell you as much as they can.

Doubt anyone here can give you any answers to those questions.

Duuuuuuuuuude. Ashley's already set off to the Wii Flat to go see SEGA, I asked if anyone had last minute questions on the game. :heh:WATCH TWITTER!

Cheers for the questions guys!

Duuuuuuuuuude. Ashley's already set off to the Wii Flat to go see SEGA, I asked if anyone had last minute questions on the game. :heh:WATCH TWITTER!

Cheers for the questions guys!

Ah missed your post.

But still, Ash is likely to just be meeting PR people and they know very little. Almost definitely wouldn't be able to answer those questions and if they do they are likely to be blagging it.

Surely you know that?

Ah missed your post.

But still, Ash is likely to just be meeting PR people and they know very little. Almost definitely wouldn't be able to answer those questions and if they do they are likely to be blagging it.

Surely you know that?

Actually, Headstrong Games are there according to High Lord Tom Phillips. ;)

Twitter says this:

Twitter is currently down for database maintenance.

We expect to be back in about 30 minutes. Thanks for your patience.

Can we put questions here instead?

Ashley won't be checking the forums as he's currently on his way there. Twitter's being a bitch, if you wait for it to come back up you should be able to message questions to him. :)

The appointment is 2-5PM by the way, so there's still 3 hours to go yet until he gets there.

I'll try copy pasting mine afterwards, but I don't even know how to use twitter so I'll need to learn; I'll leave them here for the time being instead :X

So... here it goes:

How was working with Sega?

What Sega franchise would they like the most to work on/see revived? (please say shenmue Wii/Panzer Dragoon Wii)

What would be their dream project after this? Do they have more Wii titles in the pipeline?

Since they focused a type of game that most developers aren't even trying, that being mature games, what other genres do they think are underrepresented on the Wii? Would they be interested in tackling such? Do they see that underrepresentation changing? (for instance, the lack of original Mature titles is changing fast considering we have this, deadly creatures, conduit, cursed mountain, fatal frame 4 coming fast now)

Would they be interested in making a sequel to this depending on how well it sells?

What achievement are they most proud of from a technical standpoint in House of the Dead? and what could be improved?

What is their on-screen zombie throughput? how many?

Couldn't they have fitted in detailed shadows for the zombies?

What do they think of the reception the game had? namely Edge magazine "incident" and other reviews saying Headstrong attempt is the best House of the Dead/zombie on-rails shooter ever and stuff?

(for controversy/headline/n-europe traffic) They've claimed to be not impressed with how Dead Rising Wii was shaping up, and how Headstrong could do so much better, now that both games are shipping has anything in that statement changed/will they get it/why?

(I believe they're the Kuju team that did battalion wars, previously Kuju London) Seeing that the first one is rare now, out of print and a GC game, would they be interested in making it available through the "Play on Wii" like Pikmin?

Hazzahs, my copy has now been sent so hopefully i'll be able to have a play through tomorrow!

Hazzahs, my copy has now been sent so hopefully i'll be able to have a play through tomorrow!

Mine has aswell! Strangely Deadly Creatures still hasn't been shipped ::shrug:

Deadly creatures is coming out already= thought it was only out in US and would take months to get here!

wallet am cry, I want to support them :(

Okay, I've texted Ashley with most of those questions. Cheers Pedro, there's some wonderful questions there.

Update: Ashley is almost in London now.

Official House of the Dead Poster Creator

GameInformer Review - 8.5

Under the stylish and profane veneer lives an able-bodied rail shooter that takes few chances. The by-the-basics shooting gallery rewards players for paying attention to their surroundings — shooting golden brains imparts score bonuses, and hitting the green glowing icons unleashes Mo-Fo time, a time slowing device that makes it easier to rack up headshots. Stringing together several headshots earns players point bonuses and cash, which can be used to improve your weapons or to purchase new toys like an SMG, shotgun, or assault rifle.

The short-and-sweet campaign features two-player co-op. Once you’ve witnessed the jaw-dropping finale, Overkill unlocks a new Director’s Cut with longer levels and a new Dirty Harry-type handgun that turns zombie clowns into blood mist. Overkill also includes three four-player minigames that offer modest replay value.

That poster creator is awesome.

hotdoverkill11422171fd3.jpg

w640.png

The only problem is that not all of the text options are wording and the graphics options aren't working at all for me.

Might be due to the snowy weather mate, that they haven't got their orders in yet...maybe? Mine hasnt processed or anything either! Looking forward to playing both Deadly Creatures and HOTD! :D

Great work RedShell.

N-E could used that as the banner. :)

Cheers.

I've already made an OVERKILL banner for N-E, (quite a while ago actually) will be going up tomorrow!

Shame I didn't have access to any of that artwork at the time though, I love that weird googly eyed zombies expression. :laughing:

I have one relating to HotD on the Wii in the long term. I'd like to know whether, if the title sells well or not, they'll look into more new iterations into the series carrying on the same grindhouse graphical style or whether they'd try a new style with each game. I know the first title isn't out yet but asking about the potential for HotD on the Wii beyond Overkill isn't that much of a stretch.

As it wasn't directly asked I'll answer as best I can from what was asked and answered; they'd like to but as you say, it depends on the sales. They did really enjoy the art style and series itself so I'd imagine if Sega let them they'd jump at the chance but we'll have to wait and see.

How do Sega feel about the Wii install base- Are they confident mature titles will sell or are their upcoming titles more experiments?

Also, what was the process of working with Headstrong Games on a previously Japanese developed franchise? Who approached who? What made Sega choose Headstrong? How did the relationship pan out?

There was a Sega rep present but he didn't say much. They seem confident about the titles they were showing (this, MadWorld, and The Conduit) and really hope they find a good (ie big) audience because the games deserve it. But was said with the cynical tone that suggested they know it may not happen.

As said it was mostly Headstrong talking but I believe Sega approached them and the relationship was strong, Sega was really supportive and up to the ideas Headstrong proposed (such as the grind house thing). Also Headstrong decided on a prequel to ensure they don't 'step on any toes' as the series is still going.

Ah missed your post.

Surely you know that?

The interview consisted of someone from Sega, the game's producer, art director and scriptwriter so stop the doubting :p

Will be a great interview, will let you all know when its up (30 min interview so may take a few days). But for now the preview; http://www.n-europe.com/preview.php?prid=277

The interview consisted of someone from Sega, the game's producer, art director and scriptwriter so stop the doubting :p

::shrug:

What can you say? It doesn't happen regularly getting people who can really answer the questions! :bouncy:

Good for you mate. Sounds like you had a great time. Can't believe that you've managed to play the game before me. Never got a chance while it was in the office and that gets me pissed!

Got this through the post this morning, is awesome so far! I'm only on the second level, and I've already loled tons of times, it's a great laugh! I can see myself playing this to, erm... death. :heh:

Awesome. After I read Ashely's preview and it really got me pretty hyped up for this. Really can't wait to play rhis, ahould be here when I get back from Uni.

Mine arrived too, but unfortunately have to go to work and won't be back til midnight....may play it when I get back, or get up early-ish tomorrow and give it a whirl! Sundays my HotD day though!!

Good that it's 4 players, didn't know that.

Even if our useless postie delivers it today, i.ll have to wait 'til the little one's in bed- and fast asleep. Its also her third birthday, so she'll probably still be bouncing around at 10pm despite our best efforts...

Even if our useless postie delivers it today, i.ll have to wait 'til the little one's in bed- and fast asleep. Its also her third birthday, so she'll probably still be bouncing around at 10pm despite our best efforts...

Good man. Its nice to see that people are responsible where 18 rated games are concerned. Happy Birthday...now watch daddy play a game where you shoot zombies arms and legs off and the F-Bomb is used many times :)