N-Europe

Retro_Link

Damn flameboy, that's tempting enough for just the Batarang.. How much and where did you order from?

That's my sole reasoning behind getting it...plus the book about the inmates looks pretty cool..anyway preordered it for £59.99 from GAME.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wouldn't waste money on that crap would also be a way of putting it.

I wouldn't usually, have cancelled many preorder thinking I don't need that crap and theres no room for it...But now I've split up with my girlfriend (that was ages ago now) I'm ready to indulge my inner geekdom.

Well, I would and flameboy would. 2-1 we win. YAY!

YAY! FTW! It is an awesome special edition if you ask me.

Just seen the Joker video, I was wondering what unique angle Sony were going to take.

God my parents would flip out if they saw me wasting money on that crap. Sorry guys.

I would flip out myself if I spent £60 on that crap.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Well your only really paying £20 extra for that, unless your bundling the game in and saying its crap?!

Not at all, I fully intend on getting the game. And like dwarf I don't pay more than £40 for a game, you don't really have to these days, the highest places go is £35ish. And paying £25-30 extra for a piece of metal, and an extras disc that I won't watch [i don't watch the ones that come with my DVDs] and a book is not something I intend to do.

• 1 month later...

Holy crap, Gamesmaster have given this game a 96! I wasn't excited about this game until I found out that!

Score:96

Games Master UK

Arkham Asylum is a game with the power to utterly captivate you and can stand proudly alongside modern classics such as "Resident Evil 4", "Gears of War," and "BioShock"...Simply put, Batman: Arkham Asylum is a masterpiece. [sept 2009, p.66]

I'm just being cautious, because I want this game to be amazing, but after that think about early review having to score over 90% I'm going to hold off my excitement.

This is an excellent sign though.

Anyone read about the pre-order bonuses?

The Batarang is cool and is probably the epitome of geekiness if your a Batman fan.

But I hate the thought of the exclusive challenge map, I think it´s cheap that to get everything that the game has you need to buy the more expensive edition.

Even though it´s just one more challenge map, just the thought I might be missing out on it annoys me.

Even though Eidos (cunts) are saying that to get a review copy before it´s release you must rate it 90+ I´m still gonna be hyped as hell for this.

Why?

- It´s the godamn Batman

- Story written by Paul Dini

- Has most of the voice actors from Batman The Animated Series

- I´m Batman

- It´s a stealth based Batman game

Even though Eidos (cunts) are saying that to get a review copy before it´s release you must rate it 90+...

That isn't entirely true. Eidos allowed reviews that gave the game 90+ to be released earlier than the regular NDA deadline, but there were no prerequisites to getting a review copy. It's an important distinction.

Just to clarify, who is doing what pre-order?

I heard that you can unlock the Play suit bonus later in the game.

But Game are doing some exclusive maps with Scarecrow.

BTW, F*CK yeah, for the Joker content. I've watched the promo video for it about twenty times.

Alright, I got that part wrong but the thought is the same, they are trying to influence the score being given to the game prior to it´s release.

In my opinion I think that reflects negatively upon the website/magazine that takes this offer.

But I won´t worry too much because looking and previews this looks like it will live up to it´s promise and I will be getting it regardless of review score.

Alright, I got that part wrong but the thought is the same, they are trying to influence the score being given to the game prior to it´s release.

That's the entire point of PR. Not that I agree with such tactics, but it's not really any different to flying people out to press events, sending them free stuff, inviting them out to a hotel to review the game in an ideal environment, etcetera, etcetera. Stuff like the above happens all the time.

Anyway, everyone I've spoken to that's played this says it's excellent. I don't know how well it'll play out as a full game — things could get samey, difficulty spikes, all that kind of thing — but I don't think there's much danger of this being anything less than good.

Well of course I know it´s PR but this is a few steps from what it is regularly.

Giving gifts, previews and all that is more of a *nudge nudge wink wink* type of scenario but this plainly coming out and say that they can publish a review prior to a release but it must be positive.

It serves the same purpose in bot scenarios but I´m not really liking how blunt they are with this.