N-Europe

Retro_Link

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it by accident whilst working through the combat Challenges. You really need to mix things up, especially on the Extreme stages, and I think the fact I wasn't concentrating on pulling off a specific move probably made it easier.

Incidentally Ground Takedowns are the daddy when it comes to racking up scores. Each one is worth 100 points, but as that's affected by your multiplier you can really bump up your score by keeping your combo going and ground pounding the last few henchmen.

I always forget to do a Takedown. I've never really used them.

I'd like to get the Platinum on this since it's such an awesome game. I just need to get better at the combat and the rest shouldn't be too big a problem.

I hate Shock and Awe. Drives me nuts.

I hate Shock and Awe. Drives me nuts.

The Extreme variant of that took me many, many attempts. I kept fluffing up the final round as there were just so many 'special' goons — knives and cattle prods — and if you don't take them all out really quickly the floor becomes electrified and you fail. It's easily the biggest obstacle in the way of getting a Platinum, but so long as you persevere it's very much doable.

I've barely played the Joker challenges. They're clearly well put together and not just thrown in at the last minute, but the lack of medals to aim for kind of kills them for me.

That's (not) good to know. :heh: I've got to play through the story on hard so I guess I'll space Shock and Awe Extreme with that.

I really like playing as the Joker. It feels completely different. His combat moves look excellent and I love how you can beat up Commissioner Gordon.

Edit: Did the 40x combo and the Freeflow Perfection trophies. They weren't actually that hard.

I'm not sure how I'm going to do the combat challenges. They're already quite tricky but then as soon as they get guns it drives me nuts.

Edited by Daft

Edit: Did the 40x combo and the Freeflow Perfection trophies. They weren't actually that hard.

I'm not sure how I'm going to do the combat challenges. They're already quite tricky but then as soon as they get guns it drives me nuts.

Tried to do those in the visitors foyer when the thugs welcome you to the party. I'll probably do it in one of the challenges..

flameboy: Where were mentions of other characters? I didn't hear any mentions of other cities?

Its weird, on the first combat challenge the only person other than myself showing up on my friends list is Daft. Everyone else is still on for all the others though.

It's because I totally rule. lol

Actually, I think you're the only one on my friends high score on the first one. I'll check later.

Tried to do those in the visitors foyer when the thugs welcome you to the party. I'll probably do it in one of the challenges..

flameboy: Where were mentions of other characters? I didn't hear any mentions of other cities?

There is mention of metropolis somewhere in the game can't remember if it was one of the guards or what but definitely was there.

There is mention of metropolis somewhere in the game can't remember if it was one of the guards or what but definitely was there.

Aw, shame I missed it then. Glad I got all the riddles etc out of the way, now I want to get the challenge and combo trophies out of the way so I can speedrun on hard mode before Uncharted 2 comes out!

I've ordered both The Killing Joke and The Man Who Laughs to bolster my Batman comic collection.

Eidos appears to have laid a sneaky bat-trap, for those pesky pirates to trying to enjoy Arkham Asylum without paying.

Apparently the all-important Glide ability gets disabled if you aren’t running a legit version… As a pirate recently found out on the forums.

Cheshirec_the_cat
(The Pirate)

Hi!

I’ve got a problem when it’s time to use Batman’s glide in the game. When I hold <Space> , like it’s said to jump from one platform to another, Batman tries to open his wings again and again instead of gliding. So he fels down in a poisoning gas. If somebody could tel me, what should I do there.

Keir (Eidos)

The problem you have encountered is a hook in the copy protection, to catch out people who try and download cracked versions of the game for free.

It’s not a bug in the game’s code, it’s a bug in your moral code.

http://gamerlimit.com/2009/09/eidos-puts-pirates-in-the-asylum/

Pretty funny response. Kudos to Eidos.

That would be pretty cool. I'd love to see him with a cape running around being good but still insane. Maybe trying to be good but utterly failing. :heh:

In one of the Animated Series, he is the Hero.

He puts batman in a dream state, and when Bruce tries to find out who Batman is in his dream its him.

(It may not actually be the joker.)

Batman has a rubbish survival instinct. He won't kill someone with a gun even if it's absolutely necessary, yet if he survived from doing so he'd save more innocent people. Who cares if it's at the expense of one villain?

Your missing the point, he morally cant kill.

It goes against everything he believes in, and would destroy his purpose.

In one of the animated series, he accidentally kills someone and swears off being a vigilante untill the city cries out for him.