NEurope

Same here, might go for the platinum to hold me off until Uncharted 2. Has the PSN store updated yet!? I've checked it twice for those joker maps..

Dunno, I'm at work.

AND ABOUT TO LEAVE! YAAAAAYYY!!! :heh:

Loving the game so far, a lot of times with games you kind of feel like you are just going through the levels, waiting to get to the boss but with this one its just as fun working out the best ways to take people out etc.

My favourite bit so far:

The call back to Bane breaking Batman's back and Batman yelling:

"This time, I break you!"

This is easily one of the best games of the generation. As in it's verging on RE4 levels of excellence.

That is all.

Had a quick go on this & loving it so far. Just installing it to the hard drive (360) as i think this game will get some playtime.

The challenges look fun if you've only got time for a quick blast with some amazing online scores already, a lot of people must have got this game early.

What difficulty is everyone playing on? thinking of playing on hard for once...

Am playing on hard. Slowly becoming used to it as it feels like normal difficulty for some other games i have played but be warned, one mistake can equal death...fun though!

Come on guys. Really. Does it have to be me? Fine. I'll be the first to say it.

Harley Quinn needs some serious porking.

Im just downloading the Joker DLC at the moment, I dont think I will be trying it or any of the challenge rooms though until I have completed the game.

As for my progress, ive just taken down Harley.

I've just got the Batclaw. The Scarecrow level was ace. The beginning of it was freaky.

I've just got the Batclaw. The Scarecrow level was ace.

Yeah the Scarecrow bits are awesome, did a great job of making it creepy, especially the more subtle bits when it starts happening and you havent realised yet.

Just got it today, i'm really liking it too. It's funny, despite combat being so easy it's not at all. It's actually quite hard to maintain a streak. I also like the way you have to assess the rooms and threats before going ahead.

Well can track my special edition via Parcelforce and it says;

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event

27-08-2009 18:37 National Hub Sorted in hub

guess the whole special edition thing has slowed it down...

Gonna go and get this tomorrow, might trade in my copy of Wolfenstein. As it is shit.

I started this, it's certainly fun although I'm still yet to feel that it's right up there with the likes of Bioshock and RE4. Comparisons to the former are clearly being drawn mostly from the voice acting and colour palette more than anything. I am optimistic now, however, that it is going to unfold into something at least in the rank of very good. Had it since I got home at 5.45 but only got a chance to play for about an hour! Will give it a good playthrough this weekend :)

This came this morning, played abit before going to work (just got back from work now to post this). Love it so far, i think its ace!

In answer to your question flameboy: I have decided to play through on normal difficulty.

I forgot to mention, the first time you get a 20 move combo you feel such a sense of acomplishment and it really did feel like you just took out a room full of guys with proper skill.

WTF I'm still trying to rescue C.Gordon, but it says "return to sanatorium where the doctors are" but there aren't doctors there. Oh it says pick up the trail, but I can't find it.

Where do I go. :(

Well according to parcelforce my copy is on its way...this is bloody annoying need to go out to the shop quickly but can't risk it....

Anyway I didn't realise this;

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/08/27/gametrailers-shows-what-its-like-to-be-batmans-roommate-in-hom/

batcave081209.jpg

GameTrailers shows what it's like to be Batman's roommate in Home

In short, being Batman's roommate is kind of a sucky gig.

That's the feeling we came away with after watching GameTrailers' video preview (posted after the jump) of the Batcave Home space that's bundled with the PS3 version of Batman: Arkham Asylum. Seriously, he keeps all of his sweet toys in inaccessible display cases, he hangs all his vehicles precariously over the kitchen, and makes it so all the TVs in the place run footage of him beating up insane people.

We don't know how Robin put up with it for as long as he did.

Is this out here or just US? There is also a video at the link above...looks ok. I think I'd rather be playing the actual game when it arrives though, rather than shouting "AWESOMENESS" in the batcave.

I was just thinking, if theres a sequel to this game it'd be pretty cool if its set either right after or within a few days and you find out that while you were dealing with Joker on Arkham, Two Face and the Penguin had the run of Gotham and you have to clean up their mess.

I was thinking about what they'd do if they did a sequel. I'm just wondering where they would set it. The great thing about Arkham is that it's self contained.

how much harder does the combat get on normal? I mean as in compared to the demo, it seem quite well balance in that with the few enemies you had to fit...just still thinking of playing it on hard but don't wanna struggle through it 1st time, but also conscious its getting towards that time of year where releases go mental and I may not have time to play it again anytime soon...

how much harder does the combat get on normal? I mean as in compared to the demo, it seem quite well balance in that with the few enemies you had to fit...just still thinking of playing it on hard but don't wanna struggle through it 1st time, but also conscious its getting towards that time of year where releases go mental and I may not have time to play it again anytime soon...

GRRR its still not here...it left the York depot at like 1 in the morning, cmon parcelforce get your finger out...

So far I ended up in a fight against 10 other people at one time. It's not tricky to get the hang of on normal but I'd say it was challenging enough to rack up combos.

The more I get into it, the more I reckon I'm going to play it again.

Anyone know if I can do it on the same file? I guess it's too early to ask.

Just picked a copy up from GAME, gonna have a spot of lunch then get stuck in.....KA-POW.