NEurope

My copy still isn't here...I'm beginning to think its not gonna show up... :( I can't even go out and pick up a copy from another shop then swap the sealed one out of the collectors edition and go and get a refund because apparently the one in the special edition is in a cardboard box.

Gotta love these bugs, so based on this Xbox 360 version all the way eh? :heh:

Anyway, I am loving this game but my biggest annoyance is the lip sync.

It´s not that great and it´s rather noticeable.

Ok then! Are you on hard?

Batman Arkham Asylum- BEST GAME EVER FACT!

Cheers for link Tellyn, managed to quickly rustle up an article! Please comment on it and if your on N4G approve it for publication; http://www.n4g.com/NewsPending-385416.aspx

Just recorded a video for my blog unboxing the collectors edition, for now all I will say is angry. There are things missing from the lacklustre US 360 version. There have been unboxings that have been across the net of this, but the UK PS3 version is certainly worse...

Ive just completed the story, twas awesome! Im looking forward to being able to explore Arkham properly now and getting the rest of the Riddlers trophies and clues along with trying out the challenge mode finally.

Got this a little while ago. Erm... where am I? Oh, just done the bit where the riddler comes on your comms for the first time. Had other stuff to do so did the riddle and saved and quit. It's good, enjoying it but there seems to be a lack of polish overall to the presentation of the environments. Maybe I'm looking at it too much instead of just taking it for what it is but some of the detailing and textures are pretty poor.

My only issue is the crappy lip sync and how rigid Batman is when he talks to people.

I like the game over screen.

Yeah the lipsync is a pretty big letdown, especially considering just how good the voice acting is.

My other problem would be the saves, id rather actually have a button. Especially now I have completed it so I have to keep going through certain areas before I want to quit so I know my progress has been saved.

Anyway, ive just finished getting everything in the Penitentary. I need to start reading through the bios aswell, I listened to the interviews as I played but didnt want to break up the game with the bios until id finished.

Once you finish the game, are you then free to explore the Asylum to search for any Trophy's/Riddles or whatever you have missed?

Batman Arkham Asylum Unboxing over at my Lethargic Gamers blog;

Here is the link for the website page itself and the youtube video is on there;

http://lethargicgamers.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/batman-arkham-asylum-unboxing/

To sum it up I am bloody unimpressed as the standard doesn't match the already rubbish US version! Please rate my video!

EDIT;

Can't embed to work follow the link to my blog and check it out.

Edited by flameboy

Lol I loved the vid, especially the way you lobbed the game case on the sofa to show you were unimpresed and what little care you had for the special ed.

What would've topped all of this is if at the end you said "All right then, I'll just test the batarang to see if it works" *lobs batarang* "Oh it's just snapped in half on the edge of the bin I was aiming at."

Would've been especially good because you have the voice for dry comedy delivery.

I know what you mean about the actual game case. Apart from it looking shit, they never sit right amongst the PS3 collection. I have the steelbook KZ2, its probably just my slight OCD but it annoys me sticking out like a sore thumb. I even take those silly sleeves off some games like Bioshock and MGS4.

Ok then! Are you on hard?

Batman Arkham Asylum- BEST GAME EVER FACT!

Cheers for link Tellyn, managed to quickly rustle up an article! Please comment on it and if your on N4G approve it for publication; http://www.n4g.com/NewsPending-385416.aspx

Just recorded a video for my blog unboxing the collectors edition, for now all I will say is angry. There are things missing from the lacklustre US 360 version. There have been unboxings that have been across the net of this, but the UK PS3 version is certainly worse...

Yup playing it on hard. I think thats why im taking so long. Died quite a few times already. Got to see bane break the batman again.

Lol I loved the vid, especially the way you lobbed the game case on the sofa to show you were unimpresed and what little care you had for the special ed.

What would've topped all of this is if at the end you said "All right then, I'll just test the batarang to see if it works" *lobs batarang* "Oh it's just snapped in half on the edge of the bin I was aiming at."

Would've been especially good because you have the voice for dry comedy delivery.

Cheers glad you liked it! Can expect more in the future! Yeah that would have been funny and probably could have delivered it quite well but nevermind, perhaps one of the future...Please rate it on youtube.

I know what you mean about the actual game case. Apart from it looking shit, they never sit right amongst the PS3 collection. I have the steelbook KZ2, its probably just my slight OCD but it annoys me sticking out like a sore thumb. I even take those silly sleeves off some games like Bioshock and MGS4.

Atleast most games tell you what they are on the spine. Here is a pic of the US version;

untitled-3.jpg

and here is mine sat with the rest of my games, no batman sleeve it could be anything;

SANY1170.jpg

Yeah, and another thing (lol). Why do some games have the actual logo on the spine, like Fallout 3. Yet some just have the black writing on white background, like Street Fighter IV? It bugs me, I don't know why. It just does.

Anyway, Batman is good. Playing on Hard, and its not too difficult. Just need to take my time when dealing with multiple gun-toting enemies. Because if they see you, you're probably gonna die.

I think thats just 'Most Popular at the Moment'

GTAIV Still seems to be the best at 96.36%

Best Game of All Time

I've just got to Arkham Mansion and dropped the chandelier. I figured it out first time which I'm chuffed about because normally I bugger that sort of thing up.

:heh:

I love the stealth gameplay. It really easy to get the hang of. I wish I'd got the baterang combat upgrade earlier, it makes things a lot more manageable when fighting crowds.

Can't really say much more, just really enjoying it. I don't think I'm going to play any more today. I'm going to save it.

Has anyone tried the Joker challenge rooms yet? I love that they built him properly and not just gave him Batmans moves. Joker has his own walk and fighting style, tis awesome.

Also his stealth challenges are bloody hard!

Yeah, and another thing (lol). Why do some games have the actual logo on the spine, like Fallout 3. Yet some just have the black writing on white background, like Street Fighter IV? It bugs me, I don't know why. It just does.

Anyway, Batman is good. Playing on Hard, and its not too difficult. Just need to take my time when dealing with multiple gun-toting enemies. Because if they see you, you're probably gonna die.

I think thats just 'Most Popular at the Moment'

GTAIV Still seems to be the best at 96.36%

Best Game of All Time

No check out this link;

http://lethargicgamers.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/batman-arkham-asylum-best-game-ever-fact/

it previously read as being 126.4% so therefore the best ranked game obviously.

Bit of a pain: When throwing, do you press Square and X together or one after the other? Same goes for other special moves..

Nice video Flamey. Looks similar to my dissapointment with the god awful UK SFIV CE. Where again we paid shit tonnes more than the US and got thoroughly less content.

God what bull shit.