N-Europe

Funfax, A Nostalgia Thread

ReZourceman

But i won't give them...

Im exagerating, of course, but you really look like me...

There are some differences between us (the main is the Hair, my hair is completely crazy, i have it in a pose so that i look like im a protagonist from some weird Anime...), but the main structure is equal between us...

Haha wow!

My hair is usually crazy! just decided to comb it ths morning! ^__^ as I was about to take a photo of myself!

/vain :heh:

Why did I grow up thinking it was called File-a-fax..

I've been thinking that all day! I thought it was called that and keep going to say it!

I even shouted out! "I've found my fil-a-fax!!! to my parents confused faces. :p

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking that all day! I thought it was called that and keep going to say it!

I even shouted out! "I've found my fil-a-fax!!! to my parents confused faces. :p

With a bit of googling, I have found the answer, Filofax is the name of the style of organiser that Funfax is.

Now that the mystery is solved, I can live happily knowing that my childhood wasn't a lie.

With a bit of googling, I have found the answer, Filofax is the name of the style of organiser that Funfax is.

Now that the mystery is solved, I can live happily knowing that my childhood wasn't a lie.

Oh my god. This post makes me feel really old! I remember when Filofax was the must have yuppie accessory in the early 80s along with the housebrick mobile phone

yuppie80s.jpg

And now you're talking about it like it's an ancient relic from a lost civilization!

I had the spy one...I remember it told me to hide in a postbox and spy on people delivering secret messages. WTF?! If I hid in the postbox I WOULD DIE!

Great, great times though...almost as good as my Animals of Farthing Wood Magazine set :o

I had the spy one...I remember it told me to hide in a postbox and spy on people delivering secret messages. WTF?! If I hid in the postbox I WOULD DIE!

Great, great times though...almost as good as my Animals of Farthing Wood Magazine set :o

Dude Animals of Farthing Wood! :D I used to love that show I remember it being my absolute fav growing up, and I also collected the mags :D

And they had like plastic stickers, that you could re-stick, and a big forest background to stick them on. Oh god I loved it <3

Dude Animals of Farthing Wood! :D I used to love that show I remember it being my absolute fav growing up, and I also collected the mags :D

And they had like plastic stickers, that you could re-stick, and a big forest background to stick them on. Oh god I loved it <3

Yes! Yes indeed...the plasic animals were amazing... :o That show was soooooo good.

Funfaxes rocked something awesome. Wow. I had totally forgotten about those! Nostalgia for the win :D

I'm amazed you still have yours coolness, is it one you had from when you were young, or did you cheat and ebay it? :heh:

It's my real one from when I was younger. :yay: Half the stickers are missing and most of the wordsearches are complete! I found it shoved at the back of a cupboard in the kitchen! :D

And Tapedeck, Animals of farthing woods was excellent. :heart:

I bought animal figures that resembled them. :)

I HAD THAT TOO. IT WAS THE SHIT!!

I also had some novels as well ¬_¬

Since we're mentioning old kids publications. Anyone remember the following:

Bugs.

Treasures of the Earth.

The Ancestral Trail.

O_O?

I got treasures of the earth, OMG, epic pimp that was. I got about 2 issues of Bugs but defo remember it and of course was a huge HUGE fan of the mag Im sure 80% of people here got...

I've got about 3-5 of the boxes filled with little gems. The tops are caked with dust :D

Animals of Farthing Wood AND re-stickable stickers? NOW we're talking nostalgia! :D

• 1 year later...

P1100515.JPG

Simpsnut.jpg

(Courtesy of lostmario)

PDRM1872.jpg

I got treasures of the earth, OMG, epic pimp that was. I got about 2 issues of Bugs but defo remember it and of course was a huge HUGE fan of the mag Im sure 80% of people here got...

Dinosaurs.

Dont make mags like they used to eh.

It turns out this is from 1992 which essentially makes it one of my earliest memeories/me earliest memory. Woooww.

Dinosuarsmag1.jpg