NEurope
Maverick

Sonic and the Black Knight

What, are you shitting me? I'd be tempted to say it was the worst game I've ever played, and I mean that.

Huh, secret rings is the best sonic game since sonic 3 :)

WHats so shit about it? And worst game ever? :D You need to play more games mate.....either that or you are very strict with what you buy and play!

It wont happen, but I wish it would stick to this. Sega seem to be determined to make it fit in with the 3D crowd but its doing it horribly wrong and should attempt at an amazing 2D adventure.

Thinking about it, a 2.5D sonic in HD/top graphics would be the stuff wet dreams are made of. It can still look amazing - Think of how epic the Star fox level in Brawl looks with the asteroids and everything - So many different levels and mazes they can implement, imagine the thrill of speed as you loop the loops. I mean you can still have like 3D cut scenes or 3D bonus levels like that one in Sonic 3 with the balls, it was still quiet decent and made you think....Jesus, why hasn't this happened!? This new Sonic around the world games would be brilliant in this style.

Gotta wonder what mindless drones are giving us these crude Sonic adventures. Anyone can see this would be cool.

I'm saddened by the fact that Sonic built into the Master System was my first true gaming experience and ever since then Sonic had been kind of like my idle; I used to emulate the way he ran. But somewhere down the road the Sonic name just got down-trodden and turned unrespectable, it saddens me the way things currently stand, its exceptionally sad that Sega doesn't realise this.

WHats so shit about it? And worst game ever? :D You need to play more games mate.....either that or you are very strict with what you buy and play!

Lol, I know. I read reviews on it and I was expecting more than I got. The controls were abysmal, the game just felt horribly devoid of fun.. I mean heck, I've even played CoD3 on the Wii and it was better than SATSR!

Sorry, I do take back my statement though. Pro Evo 6 is the worst game I think I've played, followed closely by SATSR. And for the record I loved SA2B and..yes, I even enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog :D

Secret Rings isn't perfect, and it definitely has some flaws. But, it's far from being a bad game. There have been many, many more worse games than that. But then, I guess it depends on how many and what games you've played.

I've played some right shit in my time! :D

Secret Rings is an example of a very bad way to extend game length and customisation. The controls start off shit but you unlock better controls are you progress. The quickness and responsiveness of the game in later stages can't even be compared to what it's like at the beginning but most people seem to give up long before that point and get rid of/stop playing the game, which is a shame.

I enjoyed it a lot but it really is a drastically better game when it controls well later when Sonic has most of the acceleration upgrades, good ways to cancel jumps, better reversing, far quicker movement and turning, etc.

No, that would be Sonic Adventure! also SA2 is better than Secret Rings!

And for all those asking for a 2.5D Sonic... half of Sonics gameplay in Sonic World Adventure will play like that!

sonic-unleashed-20080616034209530.jpg

It doesn't get better than Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Only Sonic Rush came close to that.

SEGA does what Nintendon't.

Nintendo is what SEGA isn't.

Or was it: NintenDO what SEGA don't.

I can't remember.

It doesn't get better than Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Only Sonic Rush came close to that.

Nintendo is what SEGA isn't.

Or was it: NintenDO what SEGA don't.

I can't remember.

It was simply:

NOT ON SEGA!

I think it seems quite sexy. Everyone here just wants Sonic to jump and home in on people. Like the earlier quote, Mario can do all this wacky new shit and no one bats an eyelid.

And Sonic Adventure 2 Battle pissed on Secret Rings. Secret Rings frustrates me to no end, the WiiWheel doesn't help either...

Word, Secret Rings controls are the most god damn frustrating thing ever.

I reckon this has potential. Potential to be a good game...a bad game....but definitely potential.

UPDATE

The official press release has just landed on our desk, complete with further details on the title. It follows on from Sonic and the Secrtet Rings as the second part of the Wii exclusive storybook series, and is being developed by Sonic Team in Japan. Transporting Sonic back to an Arthurian medieval world, it arms Sonic with a sword to tackle his foes. It's currently scheduled for release in Spring 2009, so keep a look out for more details here as they emerge.

Sauce ; IGN.

I've never played Sonic and the Secret Rings, but wasn't that supposed to be a rather decent game. Maybe it's because it was being compared to the 360/PS3 Sonic game, haha.

Sega doing a sequel to that game seem pretty fine with me. But Sonic with a sword? The biggest WTF moment of this year. It seems like there are so many Sonic games lately. What's going on?

Anyway, I'll wait and see how this one pans out before thrashing it.

It was miles better than Sonic PS3/X360, but not in the same league as Mario Galaxy to put it mildly.

I don't understand why their releasing two Sonic games within 5 months though...

Offcourse it wouldn't be in the same league as Mario Galaxy :heh: Most games on the Wii so far aren't that close to it.

So much better than Sonic the Hedgehog, and I think I prefer it to SA1, but still prefer SA2 overall.

Yey, another game for 2009. What a year 2009 is going to be though guys, what a year........

Shame about 2008 ;)

So, is this Sonic and the Secret Rings with added sword combat or some crappy slash-em-up that uses the "storybook" idea?

It's going to be a bag of shite, let's face it. It looks even worse than Shadow the Hedgehog... and that's saying something. Unless Sega announce a 2D classic style Sonic (which, let's face it, judging by the sword this probably isn't) then there's no reason for anyone to get excited.

It's going to be a bag of shite, let's face it. It looks even worse than Shadow the Hedgehog...
We havn't seen it!

So from IGN saying it's a follow up to Secret Rings and he has a sword, your already concluding it's worse than the worse Sonic/Shadow game?

And it's obviously not going to be 2D since Secret Rings was 3D...

We have every right to get excited, Secret Rings was great, even though it's a marmite game, Unleashed looks good so far aside from Were Sonic. Why can't we?

We havn't seen it!

The series has got so bad, you don't even need to see the Sonic game in question anymore to say it's going to be crap XD. I genuinely think the Sonic series could win an award for most deteriorated game series. To be fair, Sonic shown with a sword really is enough to throw out the crap card.

So from IGN saying it's a follow up to Secret Rings and he has a sword, your already concluding it's worse than the worse Sonic/Shadow game?

I think "follow up to the secret rings" is enough to say it's going to be awful, the sword is just a bonus!

Edit: quote me if you want, then in a year or two I can say "told you so". :p

There's still every chance it can turn out bad. Alot of people thought SR was good, maybe the same with Unleashed, and maybe with the Black Knight. If you don't like Sonic anymore then fair enough, but there's no point in instantly slamming it when we know nothing and making it sound it will suck 100%.