NEurope
scubahood

Best console of all time?

Sega Genesis.

As for handheld, clearly the DS.

I think the GBA was alot better for its time than the DS.

Each console is different and that is what makes them what they are. No one console is the best. I hate it when people take the sides of companies arguing who is best. What is the point?

I only got my N64 in 2001 but I agree it is brilliant. One word, Zelda. Brilliant. I have yet to play Zelda: TP though! Is it any good?

I only got my N64 in 2001 but I agree it is brilliant. One word, Zelda. Brilliant. I have yet to play Zelda: TP though! Is it any good?

Sure is, though it has some unjustified hate toward it because it doesn't stray far from the original 3D Zelda formula

TP is indeed a great game, one of the best on Wii, but it suffers from its expectations. People believed it to be the greatest thing since deep-pan pizza and it obviously couldn't live up to the hype. Do yourself a favour and get it, be it on Wii or GameCube.

I reckon the SNES is in the top few. 2D gaming at its best, that stands the test of time. (and I never owned one, so I don't think my brain is addled by nostalgia)

I agree with that, the SNES was a truly awesome console.

Home to the best platformer, best racer, and best version of StarFox/Wing

Awesome

didn't read the thread; my answer: Dreamcast, hotly followed by the SNES then the N64

Each console is different and that is what makes them what they are. No one console is the best. I hate it when people take the sides of companies arguing who is best. What is the point?

The point is to have a little fun and potentially convince someone to try a great game or several great games.

The point is to have a little fun and potentially convince someone to try a great game or several great games.

You don't have to favour one single console to buy "great games"

N64 for me. Was truly legendary. Just wish they'd make games like they used to. Saying that though, the Wii has been a great console for me so far, loving every minute of it, plus, VC N64 :D

200px-Nintendo_64_Logo.svg.png

I could write a long list of games to explain why.. but I don't really have to. That console is just awesome! I feel so lucky to have grown up when I did :smile:

well, i can see many good and bad points for each console, though the ps2 simply didnt have anough great exclusives to be a great console to me.

id say my vote goes to the N64, simply due to the great innovation going on at that time. 3d getting started, 4 player as standard, goldeneye exclusive, good mario party games. all in all a good era.

the cube was good, especialy in its infancy. plenty of new ideas and great updates. nintendo were really taking risks on the cube, i mean the wind waker was a gamble, which i think paid off.

wii hasn't done much to impress me to greatly so far, though the big 3 (zelda, mario and metroid) have all been very good games.

I think the GBA was alot better for its time than the DS.

You have got to be shitting me. Seriously, DS is a whole brand new way of playing things, the most GBA did was up the power and alot faster transfer rates in line play.

TP is indeed a great game, one of the best on Wii, but it suffers from its expectations. People believed it to be the greatest thing since deep-pan pizza and it obviously couldn't live up to the hype. Do yourself a favour and get it, be it on Wii or GameCube.

Deep pan pizza is shit, way too stodgy, thin crust is so much better.

SNES, no doubt. That era truly was a renaissance in gaming. I'm still awaiting the next one really...

GBA is my choice. If we don't count handhelds, I'd say PS2 from an objective standpoint. PS1, SNES, N64, Gamecube and Gameboy get honorable mentions.

You have got to be shitting me. Seriously, DS is a whole brand new way of playing things, the most GBA did was up the power and alot faster transfer rates in line play.

The DS' originality has yet to surpass the sheer amount of good/great GBA games. But it's heading there...

Out of current-gen, the best are X360, Wii and DS. Maybe PSP, too.

For me it has to be:

Dreamcast

SNES

NES

N64

XBOX360

In that order.