Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

n-e mixtape mixup!

jayseven

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wanted to say a big thank you to whoever it was who bothered to send me a CD here in japan!! it was a really nice surprise! and 2 disks?! nice!! LOVE the "music that makes me dance" CD and have yet to listen to the "music that makes me think" one in full, but it's cool so far!

i hope people like mine >__<!

It was really fun sending something to Japan! Crazy address! Two CDs is totally needed.

Both of mine have been received I think so here's my cover/track listing.

case1ka0.jpg

I've managed to screw the compression up by making it a JPEG however. :(

Really awesome mix! So much effect with the songs matching, etc! :bowdown:

Seeing as both of you have the CDs I'll post the tracks:

CD1, as if it is even needed:

1. The Undertones - Teenage Kicks (2:26)

2. The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black (3:45)

3. George Baker Selection - Little Green Bag (3:15)

4. Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock (2:33)

5. Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra (5:09)

6. Tom Jones - She's A Lady (2:57)

7. War - Low Rider (3:13)

8. Chris Isaak - Wicked Game (4:46)

9. The Mavericks - Dance the Night Away (4:23)

10. Harry Nilsson - Put the Lime in the Coconut (3:51)

11. Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walking (2:41)

12. Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al (4:40)

13. Morrissey - Interesting Drug (3:27)

14. Steve Miller Band - The Joker (3:38)

CD2:

1. Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Pulaski Day (5:53)

2. The National - Secret Meeting (3:44)

3. Moby - Raining Again (3:43)

4. Neutral Milk Hotel - King Of Carrot Flowers, Pt 1 (2:00)

5. Interpol - NYC (4:20)

6. Joy Division - Novelty (3:59)

7. 22-20's - Shoot Your Gun (3:56)

8. Radiohead - How I Made My Millions (3:08)

9. Regina Spektor - Oedipus (4:53)

10. Danzig - Sistinas (4:25)

11. The Dears - Lost in the Plot (4:50)

12. Two Gallants - Train (7:49)

13. Leonard Cohen - The Stranger Song (5:06)

14. Joanna Newsom - 'En Gallop' (5:07)

EEVIL notified me that the mix arrived today, and has requested a track listing. Therefore:

dysonnemix1.png

Behold! The idea is, in theory, that it's meant to smooth off towards the end and mellow out a bit. I think it does that well. But before that is anything goes :D

Groove Armada are the only band to feature twice in my mix, too. Awesome.

Edit: Noodle, I just noticed, I didn't put Stronger on after all, I put Flashing Lights on. My bad.

Received D-Day's! I really should check the post when i wake up. Just ripping it to my HD/ipod now,.. I gotta say it's rather more eclectic than yours was, dan :P

D-Day can you help me out with track 10 - I'm trying to tag the track properly. Your tracklist says "The Quitt - [][][] (Featuring Jinbo)" . Is it really The Quitt or The Quintet as a typo? Also can you get me the katakana/hiragani-wtfever too?

Recieved Dan Dare's today!!

The first few songs were so chilled out, I almost fell asleep on the bus :D

Also loved the electro stuff at 7/8, but I wasn't too keen on some of the other songs!!

Mine are on their way to people now!

Received D-Day's! I really should check the post when i wake up. Just ripping it to my HD/ipod now,.. I gotta say it's rather more eclectic than yours was, dan :P

D-Day can you help me out with track 10 - I'm trying to tag the track properly. Your tracklist says "The Quitt - [][][] (Featuring Jinbo)" . Is it really The Quitt or The Quintet as a typo? Also can you get me the katakana/hiragani-wtfever too?

I hope you mean electic in a good way though ;). Track 10, the artist is "The Quiett" and because he's Korean (so it's hangul I think), and plus I had to print it off on my brothers PC, it came out like that. The track title is called 꽉 잡아 if you want to add it in!

And with that, I'm complete (in terms of sending it out)

I was wondering that too. Got my Cd from him today too! I really liked it.

----

I'm sending mine tomorrow, sorry about the lateness. I'm only sending one though, since I got one address. I assume that's right. I mean, I could send 2 discs to one person...

D-Day - listened to the whole thing now. It's largely stuff I'd never listen to, and there are a few things I do like. I'll try to send yours off tomorrow but I apologise if i don't get round to it 'til monday (busy weekend potentially) - and i don't think you'll like it much :P. Cheers as well for the note in it, too! Awesome stuff :D

Paj; you only got one address because you sent yours in after I'd allotted everyone else, having managed to overlook D-Day :) Well is there anyone who wants to send Paj their addy to swap another mixtape?

*sends out PMs to people* - sorry if you get one and you've sent off already.

I was wondering that too. Got my Cd from him today too! I really liked it.

----

I'm sending mine tomorrow, sorry about the lateness. I'm only sending one though, since I got one address. I assume that's right. I mean, I could send 2 discs to one person...

I'm really glad :D It was fun making it so regardless, it was my pleasure.

D-Day - listened to the whole thing now. It's largely stuff I'd never listen to, and there are a few things I do like. I'll try to send yours off tomorrow but I apologise if i don't get round to it 'til monday (busy weekend potentially) - and i don't think you'll like it much :P. Cheers as well for the note in it, too! Awesome stuff :D

Paj; you only got one address because you sent yours in after I'd allotted everyone else, having managed to overlook D-Day :) Well is there anyone who wants to send Paj their addy to swap another mixtape?

*sends out PMs to people* - sorry if you get one and you've sent off already.

I included that in the note too (about even if it's not your thing), glad there are a few things you like! Try me with your mixtape, I am totally open minded, besides you never know ;)

I eagerly await Paj's and yours!

EEVIL notified me that the mix arrived today, and has requested a track listing. Therefore:

dysonnemix1.png

Behold! The idea is, in theory, that it's meant to smooth off towards the end and mellow out a bit. I think it does that well. But before that is anything goes :D

Groove Armada are the only band to feature twice in my mix, too. Awesome.

Edit: Noodle, I just noticed, I didn't put Stronger on after all, I put Flashing Lights on. My bad.

Eww Thx Fr Th Mmrs

(it does lead to bad memories for me)

I'll join in next time

So shall I providing I am given more than two days notice. C'mon people. I'm busy! :p

lol... well in the end most people took over a week to get their compilations ready :P I would say out of teh 25 that did end up taking part there's probably about 10-12 people who haven't actually taken part. Let's thwup them onto another ol' "blacklist", shall we?

SuperRyan; I think out of precaution New Members won't be able to take part until they're settled in.

Guest bluey

*cries* i posted miiiiine dont blacklist meeeeeeeeee

im very very busy and important and too excited about coming home soon!! but i put a lot of effort in with all the other aspects discluding "time" >__<!!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!