N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I wasn't even thinking about Tom; I was just happy overall, but now it's even sweeter!

It's your duty to mock any Spurs fan. Bolton's result was the only good thing to happen today, tbqh.

As for us, it'll be "Arsenal, on Channel 5!" if we don't fucking pick it up. Awful in front of goal today, absolutely clueless. Not to mention it was bloody cold!

What pisses me off the most is that we're playing well atm when we play a 4-4-2 formation ( 4-5-1 just doesn't work for us at all), yet seem to give away simple goals late on in games, when we're in the ascendancy. As Harry said: we were all over Bolton in the second half, yet once again we let in a sloppy late goal. Argh, frustrating.

Ramar, if you were buying one player for Arsenal this transfer window who would you get? I reckon I'd go for Torsten Frings, always been impressed with how he plays for Germany, and he's the kind of player we need.

Oh and Shearer on MotD:

"He's pulled off his man"

I know its after the watershed, but really..

Ramar, if you were buying one player for Arsenal this transfer window who would you get? I reckon I'd go for Torsten Frings, always been impressed with how he plays for Germany, and he's the kind of player we need.

I'd some how devise a time travelling device go back a year and make sure we kept Flamini. Even if it meant celotaping him to the changing room bench.

On a serious note I'm not too sure, it would definitely be a defensive midfielder, but I don't know who's available out there.

If we sign Arshavin, good because we need a bit of creative fire power. But it doesn't solve our pre-injury problems of not winning the battles in midfield.

I'm just glad Villa were held too. but i was listening to the Arsenal match on my computer, with all the chances it's ludicrous not to have scored, also Adebayor was awful, 2 clear cut goals and he messed both of them up.

I think Ade's chances were the only clear chances on goal. Terrible attacking display, gone are the days of an Arsenal counter attack, I miss seeing Bobby, Thierry and Freddie flying down the pitch.

Another 1-0. But I'm happy. Clean sheet and 3 points. Gonna have to start calling us Arsenal soon.... haha.

A draw today would be nice between Chelski and Rafapool. :)

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOO 88th minute. Damn. I have to say liverpool probably deserved it. Had like 18 attempts compared to Chelskis 3 or 4.

Lampard shouldn't have been sent off though.

Liverpool are usually stronger in the second half of the season- but in fairness thats more often than not part of a late press to squeeze into fourth, lol. Who knows how chasing after the title will affect the team!

Lampard shouldn't have been sent off, I agree. He ain't that sorta player. However Bosingwa should have got his marching orders after kicking Yossi in the back when he was shielding the ball in the corner. :o

Liverpool are usually stronger in the second half of the season- but in fairness thats more often than not part of a late press to squeeze into fourth, lol. Who knows how chasing after the title will affect the team!

Lampard shouldn't have been sent off, I agree. He ain't that sorta player. However Bosingwa should have got his marching orders after kicking Yossi in the back when he was shielding the ball in the corner. :o

Definately, I cant believe that. Was the most blatant sending off ive ever seen!

Definately, I cant believe that. Was the most blatant sending off ive ever seen!

It was simply unbelievable.. look where the linesman ("Referee's Assistant") was.. it was a complete disgrace!

As for the result.. I'm extremely happy :yay: I had basically given into it being a bit of a wasted opportunity and a goalless draw.. Chelsea seemed absolutely pathetic (but then they kinda have done for a month or two!)

I hope it gives Liverpool the boost we need to get back on track.. we generally finish the season pretty well so hopefully that is the case this year. It is vital to go to Old Trafford and get the three points (defeat simply isn't an option..) but with Liverpool you just never know.. this time next week we could be 'out of it' again with defeat to Portsmouth.. :eek:

It's your duty to mock any Spurs fan. Bolton's result was the only good thing to happen today, tbqh.

Just did some great mocking! Although he somehow (like a true devious spurs fan) managed to turn it round by saying I was quoting MOTD. Completely untrue, didn't even see it. Some people, tut.

Apparently transfer deadline is extended due to snow, interesting.

Just did some great mocking! Although he somehow (like a true devious spurs fan) managed to turn it round by saying I was quoting MOTD. Completely untrue, didn't even see it. Some people, tut.

Apparently transfer deadline is extended due to snow, interesting.

1000 cool points for you.

Arshavin in London... and we still can't sort a deal. Sort it out Arsenal.

I'm chuffed at the win against Everton, although I'm a little disappointed that it was only 1-0, and that the winner was down to a penalty. But, the outcome was the correct one. Also, Carrick and Tevez really performed well, and it was great to see Carrick especially making lots of runs and linking up well with other players. He's been criticised for not getting forward enough, so this should give him loads of confidence.

A bit disappointed at the Liverpool result, as I was holding out for a draw. But, from what I heard and saw, the result was either going to be a goalless draw, or a Liverpool victory. The question on everyone's mind: What on Earth has happened to Chelsea? They didn't turn up for this, just like they didn't turn up at Old Trafford. Makes you wonder.

LIVERPOOL AGREE TO SELL KEANE TO SPURS

Paul Rogers 02 February 2009

keane-home-s1.jpg

Liverpool Football Club have this afternoon confirmed they have reached agreement with Spurs for the transfer of Robbie Keane back to the White Hart Lane club.

Having earlier granted the striker permission to talk to his former club, a spokesman for LFC told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Liverpool Football Club have reached agreement with Tottenham Hotspur for the sale of Robbie Keane."

LFC.tv

I honestly don't think anyone will come in.. 'rumours' have suggested Saviola but I think that is just people grasping at anything..

Keane hasn't been playing anyway, so to lose him isn't really gonna make much of a difference, is it? I feel kinda bad for how he has been treated at Liverpool, but if it isn't working out then it is best for him that he goes back to a club where he was excellent!

£15 Million is what I would expect the fee to be around, but it depends really on how desparate Liverpool were to get rid of him.. and how much Harry wanted him :heh: