Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses for that game. Liverpool were brilliant. It was only a few weeks ago people were saying that they'd virtually handed the title to Man U after slipping up against Man City I believe.

I doubt that we could give Liverpool another favour and hold Man U to a draw. The fact that they've lost two consecutive games in the League means they're itching to thump the next team that comes to Old Trafford...

A major significance on top of the results of the last couple of weeks is that Liverpool have closed the large gap in Goal Difference that was present a few weeks ago..

If we could maintain a goal difference higher than Manchester United, it obviously increases out chances a little.. there's still life left in the title race yet :smile:

I find it frustrating that everyone says Manchester United have been great all season.. they were really poor for the opening month before they went on a decent run!

It will be very hard to pip United to the post.. I fully expect them to get back to winning ways against Villa and it can't be expected that Liverpool will win every game for the rest of the season.. but the way we are playing, I will be going into the game with Fulham with optimism :smile:

Right guys need some help!

Can anyone remember a few seasons ago in the premiership someone had gone around the keeper and took a shot while there was a remaning defender standing on the goal line. The player took a shot and it was saved by the defender (who handled it) and then as the ref was getting his card out, the defender, in a moment of comedic GENIUS, tried to act as though the ball had hit him in the rib cage and that he was in pain..once he recieved the red card he calmly got off and left the pitch...

Anyone remember who the players were? Can't find it on youtube :(

Right guys need some help!

Can anyone remember a few seasons ago in the premiership someone had gone around the keeper and took a shot while there was a remaning defender standing on the goal line. The player took a shot and it was saved by the defender (who handled it) and then as the ref was getting his card out, the defender, in a moment of comedic GENIUS, tried to act as though the ball had hit him in the rib cage and that he was in pain..once he recieved the red card he calmly got off and left the pitch...

Anyone remember who the players were? Can't find it on youtube :(

Steven Taylor for Newcastle against Aston Villa.

This post is gold, tbh. :laughing:

If it were pretty much anyone else, it would be funny. But, I think he's got a disability, so that kinda changes the funnyness of it.

Anyway, unlucky Villa. But, I hate relying on other teams to do us favours. At the moment, destiny is still in the hands of Manchester United, so we need to play absolutely out of our skin til the end of the season, if the Trophy is to come back to Old Trafford.

Although, Vidic, Scholes and Rooney are all suspended, due to moments of madness. This is where we need to make the squad depth count for something.

Argh, now you made me feel angry at myself for poking fun at a could-be disabled person. :nono:

Why feel angry at yourself? You didn't know, you couldn't possibly have known or guessed unless you had seen maybe two dozen other posts by him. I'm not completely certain myself, but I think it has been hinted at before by others.

So, now you know, simples. :)

Well played Liverpool......I have a soft spot for them as they have Gerrard and are my fifa team :grin:

Sure looks like the past few weeks are setting up a proper decent close to the season.

:o lol

The acting from Taylor in that video is sooo over the top he could have got a cameo in madworld :p

We're headed for the drop as far as I'm concerned. We've won 6 of the first 30 or so games and I reckon we need to win three or four of the last 8 to stay up. Just can't see that happening. If we could play against the likes of Hull and Stoke like we did against Man U and Arsenal we'd be safe by now. We really should have sewn the game up on Saturday in the first 60 minutes when we were the better team.

Oh well, Chelsea next :(

The two red cards that were rescinded were probably the only two decisions the fa have got right all season.

To BlueStar, hope you guys don't go down. Dunno why but I quite like Newcastle as a club, always good when the geordie's come down, good for a laugh.

A little treat for you all, the new England shirt. Don't like it myself, too plain.

newenglandshirtumbro200.jpg

Theres something not quite right about that photo?? John Terry is too upright (and is looking kinda sheepish) and coupled with the look on donkey's face, i suggest theres some inapropriate touching going on there. (JT looks like a hand puppet)

::shrug: Not that i'm starting any rumours :grin:

As for the shirt, looks sort of old school, but not in a good way.

Yeah, I've seen videos where the designers say its all about being old school, taking shirts back to their roots. Which is all fair and well, but they'll charge £40 for a plain white top with Three Lions on it. Thats not old school, thats a rip off.

I have recently been overcome with the feeling that Newcastle United will be in the Championship next season and 90% of the squad will be gone in the summer.

I've just flicked to the Ireland game. Fastest goal I've ever seen - 35 seconds.

Not sure on the new kit, some players seem to be able to pull it off, others just look like their in school uniform.

It's more like the '96, '90, '88 etc...

kb-43651.jpgkb-43641.jpg744348-p30.jpg

I think it's just the fact their's no blue in it [other than the three lions], which there has been on the shirts for ages.

Edited by Retro_Link

It wouldn't be too bad if it had blue trimming or something. Because its plain white and the collar it just looks like a polo shirt.

Have you seen how much they want for plain white shorts? £19.99. Eff off.

That's more than a little cheeky. Club shirts and shorts are just as bad though.

Support your club and country n'all that, but that's a little too much to expect with finances the way they are.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!