Guitar Hero: World Tour

Dante

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! : peace:

Gamers looking to shred, drum and wail away to the new sounds of beloved, multi-platinum UK rockband, Oasis, need not wait much longer as music from the band's criticallyacclaimed Dig Out Your Soul album will soon be available for download inActivision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® World Tour.

Featuring "Bag it Up," "Waiting for the Rapture" and the hit first single"The Shock of the Lightning" from the band's seventh studio album, the OasisTrack Pack will be available on November 6th for the Xbox 360® video gameand entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computerentertainment system. In addition, the three tracks will be released assingle downloadable songs for both the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3. The DigOut Your Soul album, in its entirety or via individual singles, will beavailable for download in 2009.

I am going to trade in my wii GH 3 and end up getting this at some point. Just have one question...

I simply cannot fit the drumkit in at the moment, not a chance so will be getting the guitar solo pack, however (somewhat at Cooky's suggestion!) I want a mic for my girlfriend so she can sing along, can you buy the mic solus? or does any USB mic, or finally will singstar mics/rock band mics work? (not sure how far all the cross game peripherals will go)

old info?

Guitar Hero: World Tour (on disc)

"Love Me Two Times" - The Doors

"Purple Haze" (Live) - Jimi Hendrix

"The Wind Cries Mary" - Jimi Hendrix

"American Woman" - Guess Who The Guess Who

"Up Around the Bend" - Creedence Clearwater Revival

"Do It Again" - Steely Dan

"Band on the Run" - Paul McCartney & Wings

"The Joker" - Steve Miller Band

"Ramblin' Man" - The Allman Brothers Band

"Sweet Home Alabama" (Live) - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"Stranglehold" Ted Nugent

"Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac

"Hotel California" - Eagles

"Hollywood Nights" - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band

"Heartbreaker" - Pat Benatar

"One Way or Another" - Blondie

"Antisocial" - Trust

"Crazy Train" - Ozzy Osbourne

"Mr. Crowley" - Ozzy Osbourne

"On the Road Again" (Live) - Willie Nelson

"Beat It" - Michael Jackson

"Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor

"Escuela de Calor" - Radio Futura

"Hot for Teacher" - Van Halen

"Rebel Yell" - Billy Idol

"Trapped Under Ice" - Metallica

"Livin' on a Prayer" - Bon Jovi

"La Bamba" - Los Lobos

"Love Removal Machine" - Cult The Cult

"No Sleep Till Brooklyn" - Beastie Boys

"Satch Boogie" - Joe Satriani

"The One I Love" - R.E.M.

"Mountain Song" - Jane's Addiction

"Pull Me Under" - Dream Theater

"Soul Doubt" - NOFX

"Are You Gonna Go My Way" - Lenny Kravitz

"Demolition Man" (Live) - Sting

"Today" - Smashing Pumpkins The Smashing Pumpkins

"About a Girl" (Unplugged) - Nirvana

"Feel the Pain" - Dinosaur Jr.

"Love Spreads" - Stone Roses The Stone Roses

"Hey Man, Nice Shot" - Filter

"Some Might Say" - Oasis

"Spiderwebs" - No Doubt

"Santeria" - Sublime

"Beautiful Disaster" - 311

"Dammit" - Blink-182

"Everlong" - Foo Fighters

"Freak on a Leash" - Korn

"Prisoner of Society" - Living End The Living End

"One Armed Scissor" - At the Drive-In

"Shiver" - Coldplay

"Schism" - Tool

"The Middle" - Jimmy Eat World

"Obstacle 1" - Interpol

"Parabola" - Tool

"VinterNoll2" - Kent

"Stillborn" - Black Label Society

"Float On" - Modest Mouse

"B.Y.O.B." - System of a Down

"L'Via L'Viaquez" - Mars Volta The Mars Volta

"Monsoon" - Tokio Hotel

"Never Too Late" - AnswerThe Answer

"You're Gonna Say Yeah" - HushPuppies

"Assassin" - Muse

"The Kill" - 30 Seconds to Mars

"Nuvole E Lenzuola" - Negramaro

"Our Truth" - Lacuna Coil

"Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)" - Lostprophets

"Toy Boy" - Stuck in the Sound

"Vicarious" - Tool

"Aggro" - Enemy The Enemy

"Good God" - Anouk

"Lazy Eye" - Silversun Pickups

"Misery Business" - Paramore Paramore

"Pretty Vacant" - Sex Pistols

"Scream Aim Fire" - Bullet for My Valentine

"Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast" - Airbourne

"Weapon of Choice" - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

"What I've Done" - Linkin Park

"Hail to the Freaks" - Beatsteaks

"Kick Out the Jams" - Wayne Kramer

"Overkill" - Motörhead

"Re-Education (Through Labor)" - Rise Against

"Ted Nugent Guitar Duel" - Ted Nugent

"Zakk Wylde Guitar Duel" - Zakk Wylde

Downloadable Songs (in order of release)

"That Was Just Your Life" - Metallica

"The End of the Line" - Metallica

"Broken, Beat & Scarred" - Metallica

"The Day That Never Comes" - Metallica

"All Nightmare Long" - Metallica

"Cyanide" - Metallica

"The Unforgiven III" - Metallica

"The Judas Kiss" - Metallica

"Suicide & Redemption J.H." - Metallica

"Suicide & Redemption K.H." - Metallica

"My Apocalypse" - Metallica

"Rock and Roll Band" - Boston

"Hot Blooded" - Foreigner

"Jessie's Girl" - Rick Springfield

"No Rain" - Blind Melon

"Ted Nugent Guitar Duel" - Ted Nugent

"Zakk Wylde Guitar Duel" - Zakk Wylde

"Horse to Water" - R.E.M.

"Man-Sized Wreath" - R.E.M.

"Supernatural Superserious" - R.E.M.

"G.L.O.W." - The Smashing Pumpkins

"1979" - The Smashing Pumpkins

"The Everlasting Gaze" - The Smashing Pumpkins

"Bag it Up" - Oasis

"Waiting for the Rapture" - Oasis

"The Shock of the Lightning" - Oasis

^ urgh.... Rock and Roll Band by Boston? Ok, I love Boston. But they could have picked better. It's not a bad song, it's just that there are better songs they could have picked (More Than A Feeling or Foreplay for example).

I will say that I would love to see some Lostprophets DLC to go with Rooftops. Have always wanted some of their songs in GH and would be cool to get some more.

^ More Than A Feeling has already been on two Guitar Hero games (The first one, and then as DLC for the second one. Granted, it wasn't the original, but it counts.). Foreplay/Long Time is on Rock Band 1 (More Than A Feeling is also DLC on that, btw.), so I don't care about that one.

But goddammit surely Boston have made more than just two good songs. No, I haven't downloaded the Boston pack on RB, but other songs that I want just keep coming and I only have so many MS Points.

Lostprophets have only made two good songs in their history: Shinobi V Dragon Ninja and The Fake Sound of Progress. I would like to see them as DLC, but I can't see it happening.

Thing with that set list it looks like they've picked some top bands then just picked rubbish songs, or completely missed out on something awesome.

Like Bullet For My Valentine, ok so Scream Aim Fire isn't crap, but Hearts Burst Into Fire would have been amazing. And like The Villan said, Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja would be cool too.

And then they just picked some pure crap bands/songs full stop.

Gamers looking to shred, drum and wail away to the new sounds of beloved, multi-platinum UK rock band, Oasis, need not wait much longer as music from the band's critically acclaimed Dig Out Your Soul album will soon be available for download in Activision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® World Tour.

Featuring "Bag it Up," "Waiting for the Rapture" and the hit first single "The Shock of the Lightning" from the band's seventh studio album, the Oasis Track Pack will be available on November 6th for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. In addition, the three tracks will be released as single downloadable songs for both the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3. The Dig Out Your Soul album, in its entirety or via individual singles, will be available for download in 2009.

The tracklist isn't that bad... just that it isn't that good either, especially when you compare it to Rock Band 2's setlist as most of the decent ones in GH:WT are either also in RB2 or have been in RB1. :heh:

It's still worth it to me though as the instruments seem a bit better in GH:WT (more realistic drum setup, plus that touch pad on the guitar looks cool) it's music creation tool looks interesting also plus it has Assassin! I know RB2 has it also but tbh the sooner I get to play new Muse tracks the better. ^^'

Hmm also Letty... whats this controller support bar you speak of? is it something on the new RB2 drumkit that holds a microphone or something... if so I've found an even better solution on Play.com...

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5747423/Madcatz-Microphone-Stand/Product.html

A microphone stand built for use with Rock Band / GH:WT :D holds your mic and any controllers you happen to have lying around, I've ordered one as it's a good idea for a nice price, the postage alone would probably be steep for ordering something like that from anywhere else that doesn't have Free postage so I reckon it's worth it. :)

Hmm also Letty... whats this controller support bar you speak of? is it something on the new RB2 drumkit that holds a microphone or something... if so I've found an even better solution on Play.com...

No, she means standard controller support. Guitar Hero 1 - 3 supported normal controllers to play the guitar parts if you didn't have another guitar controller. She is kick ass at it ... so obviously this would piss her off a little.

No, she means standard controller support. Guitar Hero 1 - 3 supported normal controllers to play the guitar parts if you didn't have another guitar controller. She is kick ass at it ... so obviously this would piss her off a little.

Oh I see, yes it makes sense now as I remember her posting about it a few times, hmm bit of an odd thing to remove? would have been easier for them to have just left it in to give players the extra option and an extra challenge...

I can't say I really used the feature myself but I can understand her annoyance at it's removal :/ something they could patch maybe? They probably won't but they could in theory surely...

For the microphone?

Erm..forgive me if I'm wrong but how would you be able to play the microphone parts with a controller anyway? x_x

As in, you can plug the 360 headset (mic) into a controller :D

Sorry, I obviously didn't make any of my points in that post clear at all.

:o

You can't use the 360 headset for vocals? Uber fail...

No!! you can! Ok here's what I meant:

You cannot use the controller for playing guitar, bass or drums, but you can use it to plug a headset into for a mic. Thats why I'm mad.

No!! you can! Ok here's what I meant:

You cannot use te controller for playing guita, bass or drums, but you can use it to plug a headset into for a mic. Thats why I'm mad.

Right, ok. Gotcha! :D

I knew you were one of the people that played the game by tapping on the 360 controller, I was wondering what the dealio was. Cheers : peace:

Penny Arcade: The Verdict

20081024.jpg

We've talked before about the curatorial approach Harmonix takes to song selection, and it's noble. But when I look over the list of twenty bonus songs they're delivering for Rock Band 2 and recognize only recognize three of them - one only because it's from their other game - something is out of fucking whack.

I'll take responsibility for my own expectations: I had hoped this content might have been a riposte to Guitar Hero IV's robust selections, because for all the breadth in Rock Band 2 there's some pretty deep holes. I'm waiting for one of them to offer compatibility not only with instruments, but with the competitor's content. Then we'll really have a card game.

After seeing a review of GH:WT I think I might now say "fuck off" to the full band kit and just get the game solus... I was gonna go with WT because of the three pads and two cymbals set up but it seems the drums and well pretty much everything else on RB2 are better...

what does everyone else think?

Scary that Activision aren't saying anything about the Wii version getting any DLC. Even though the previously promised that all consoles will see the same content.

Kinda pushes me towards the PS3 version tbh. Shame as I have a guitar and GH3 on Wii.

It DOES have the same DLC. Get the Wii version, you'll have more guitars and we need more people to for online play :)