NEurope
Daft

Eurovision

As much as I hate this whole competition, I'm up for Latvia, gotta love the pirates!

Bosnia's song is the best by far, it sounds a little like Camera Obscura during the chorus. I think it has a fairly decent chance of winning, something upbeat will probably win this year, so Latvia have a decent chance, although it might be a little too gimmicky.

ARRGGH, ARRRGGGHAGHA, EUROVISION! The greatest day of the year is here once more! I love the Eurovision. Must get to a bookies before Saturday.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

(By the way, I am not in any way being sarcastic or ironic, I really do totally love the Eurovision)

ARRGGH, ARRRGGGHAGHA, EUROVISION! The greatest day of the year is here once more! I love the Eurovision. Must get to a bookies before Saturday.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

(By the way, I am not in any way being sarcastic or ironic, I really do totally love the Eurovision)

Don't believe you. And where is that avatar from? I remember that it was from a very funny sketch show but I just can't remember the name.

Yawn, another way to waste a Saturday evening watching an Eastern European song win via rigged/fixed voting from other countries voting each other. It's so typical, i didn't really like many songs from last years contest and the East Europeans won it again. If i put a bet on an East European song winning this year, i should be a millionaire.

If you only counted the Western European votes, Serbia would have won anyway. Ukraine and Russia who came second and third, would have been in 3rd and 5th. And there's voting blocks here too, in particular the Nordic countries, we're just fewer so it doesn't do as any good.

In my opinion, Eastern Europe sends far better songs than we do.

I'm refusing to watch the videos as to not spoil the surprise. But Wogan's commentary is most lovely as he gets drunk.

http://www.eurovision.tv/event/artistdetail?song=23995&event=1469

Suprisingly, the UK song DOESN'T suck ass. Its so 80's that its fantastic.

I saw a bit of it on the news yesterday, I think The Sun [or something] has branded it our worst entry yet.

Anyway, thats the best thing about being a founding EU member, we always get automatic qualification. Sucks to be the newer member states! :p

We're also good about negating the No points = no entry next year, since the BBC rape so much money into Eurovision they couldn't afford to not have us.

Eurovision is so bad it's good. Wogan makes it. I just wish he'd be even more insulting. I say let Carlie Brooker co-commentate. :heh:

If Charlie Brooker can't do it. I'll do it. I would be awesome.

How did the Irish entry not get through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dustin was a sure fire winner :(

Don't believe you. And where is that avatar from? I remember that it was from a very funny sketch show but I just can't remember the name.

It's from This Morning with Richard Not Judy, it's the curious orange.

Also I'm not in anyway joking. Eurovision is one of the things I've always looked forward to in the year. Have good memories of taking the piss with my dad every year no matter where we were. One year we were stuck in a rundown cottage in Wales during a storm watching it on a crappy black and white telly. Good times.

Totally agree weeyellowman. There's actually a decent song in this year though and if you're looking for someone to put a bet on they're probably it. Bosnia and Herzegovina's track is the shit and it's all about how men are different from apes. Much better than that gimmicky pirate shit.

ah I just found out Finland are entering a metal band again, i'm gonna watch just to see will the rock armies send europe into a state of of shock once more.

It's no Lordi, but still probably the best "real" song of the show

Finland ftw tbh. Although I have to admit, the UK song is actually alright, for a change.

Holy crap, Switzerland are off the scale craptastic. The dude doesn't sing, he makes some kind of dying noise.

Congrats to Latvia. Finally someone who know how to make a good gimmick song.

Just wait it guys, Portugal will end it in absolute misery. But we'll still get 12 points from France.

We're have I heard of Bulgaria's song before? It sounds familiar.

They're all so incredibly mediocre, I can't choose any.

Just wait it guys, Portugal will end it in absolute misery. But we'll still get 12 points from France.

Or from Spain.

Still, this year's Portuguese song is miles better than last year's. I'll be rooting for them, as always (despite it being a lost cause).

Overly British view of things.

Haha! Maybe...I'd just like France to put in more people like Sebastian Tellier to be honest. :heh:

Betting odds from oddscheckers.com

Russia 11/4

Ukraine 15/4

Greece 9

Serbia 11

Sweden 11

Armenia 16

Finland 18

Bosnia and Herzegovina 25

Spain 33

Turkey 40

Portugal 40

Norway 66

Georgia 66

France 66

Azerbaijan 66

Denmark 100

Latvia 100

Israel 125

Romania 125

Iceland 150

Poland 150

Croatia 150

Albania 200

United Kingdom 200

Germany 250

I'm staying in tonight so may watch this just for the lolz of the Wogan commentary