N-Europe

MadWorld

marcel

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey does anyone have the awkward black borders on the top and botom (mostly on widescreen tv's), is this another case of bad pal convertion (because the lack of 480p)? Same borders that resident evil 4 on the gamecube had (aka letterboxed). Luckely the zoom function(on my tv) doesnt put extra jaggies or slowdowns in this game.
Yeah despite being artistically incredible, technically they kind of dropped the ball with the games presentation. 50hz 576i, big ass borders and no DPLII is all a bit disappointing for such a showcase Wii title. Even so it's not the end of the world...

I'm also using the zoom setting on my TV, therefore cutting off a tiny section from the top and bottom of the image but it's still much better than playing it in such overly bordered 16:9.

I have to say I do enjoy Bender and Greg Proops commentary :)
Yeah it's great that they got such good voice actors doing the commentary. icon14.gif One line (I can't remember it now though :blank:) had me absolutely cracking up. It can get repetitive for sure, but it really fits in with the style of the game so well.

The parts with the Black Baron are also bloody hilarious. :grin:

Just done the Von Twirlenkiller boss fight.

This game... is mental. :heh:

Mine arrived this morning and I have given it a few hours , and have managed to play through the first couple of areas.

Love the style , controls , commentary and even the soundtrack (didn't think I would) and it's definitely a fun game.

The only problem I see is longevity. Yep , we know the game is short and most of the fun will be had in going through it again for high scores. But , unless I am missing something there aren't high score tables present which seems a little odd , there doesn't appear to be much to be in the way of unlockables either.

As well as that , I can see that this will get quite monotonous after even a short while , so there may not be much reason to return to it after all.

That being said , I am having a blast with it and there's been a few kills already that have had me smiling , or muttering awesome.

The third area looks like it may become my favourite , although it was also the first area where I ran out of continues during the boss battle , which was highly annoying as I had a really nice score going.

Played this for an hour or so the other day and have to say I found it rather tedious in the same way Manhunt was - ie just walking along with someone saying "Kill that guy. Yeaaah, now kill these guys. Here are some guys, kill them. Now walk to the next area and kill these guys. There's some guys over there, kill them" and so on ad nauseum. The crap camera doesn't help much either.

had a quick blast, done the first boss. its currently fun, but a little triocky due to camera. my favorite kill so far was beating some guy up, sign post to the skull, then dunk him into a flaming barrel. wish id found a tire first.

also, getting a bin over a guy, then the guy into a big dumpster is pure scoregasm.

The best, in my recollection, I have done is five signposts through the head of one person, and a barrel over the top, barrel over someone else, signpost through someone else and then threw an exploding person in the middle of them and two bystanders :D

Yeah despite being artistically incredible, technically they kind of dropped the ball with the games presentation. 50hz 576i, big ass borders and no DPLII is all a bit disappointing for such a showcase Wii title. Even so it's not the end of the world...

I'm also using the zoom setting on my TV, therefore cutting off a tiny section from the top and bottom of the image but it's still much better than playing it in such overly bordered 16:9.

Yeah it's great that they got such good voice actors doing the commentary. icon14.gif One line (I can't remember it now though :blank:) had me absolutely cracking up. It can get repetitive for sure, but it really fits in with the style of the game so well.

The parts with the Black Baron are also bloody hilarious. :grin:

Just done the Von Twirlenkiller boss fight.

This game... is mental. :heh:

Luckely you really cant see the difference when you zoom in on your tv, because of the artstyle. With re4 for the gamecube it was one big jaggy mess and very blurry. But if there is every going to be a sequal 480p please:P

That being said , I am having a blast with it and there's been a few kills already that have had me smiling , or muttering awesome.
The move I still find the funniest is the one where you hold 'em up against the side of a moving train, it's just so ridiculous and the sound/animation that accompany it are brilliant. :laughing:

The best, in my recollection, I have done is five signposts through the head of one person, and a barrel over the top, barrel over someone else, signpost through someone else and then threw an exploding person in the middle of them and two bystanders :D
Impressive! :heh:

I was quite impressed earlier when I managed to simultaneously get 3 goons in to one of those rubbish bins that cuts them in half. :grin:

Five cheers for RedShell for the fuckin' A banner : peace:

The banners always look good, this one's the best yet.

Just did the first level, really enjoying it so far. It's definitely flawed, I mean the camera is pretty bad, I've not had to think about camera this much for a while, and the black and white art style can make things look a tad confusing at times, but other than that it's such a lot of fun. Definitely worth the £27 :) Every single person who has ever moaned that their Wii doesn't have enough 'hardcore' games needs to go out and buy this today.

Hopefully it remains fun throughout.