N-Europe

Pictures from my Holiday

Mokong

Hi guys, so you may (or may not) have noticed I have returned after a month away in the Philippines (again). So I have sorted out some pics for you guys from my trip.

(Also be sure to keep an eye on my Youtube Channel for vids from my holiday, these pics are mostly just teasers of the holiday:smile: )

Here's the first, this is me with a friend from Youtube, Gerry aka Komikero, when I arrived in Manila (4th April) I had a few hours waiting till my domestic flight to Iloilo so met up with some cousins and hung out at the "Mall of Asia" and Gerry came to met me. We made some vids too.

meandgerry.jpg

On the 12th of April me, Joy, my Mom, my Aunt and Uncle went to the holiday island of Boracay. We stayed at a hotel called Asya Boracay, great hotel, nice and fancy, inside the small complex nice and peaceful but not too far from the awesome restuarants, bars and nightlife of island. It's located between Station 2 and 3, on the same road as the Tourist Center. I paid 91 euro a night for a courtyard suite, which was a discounted rate i got, i noticed they recently increased their rates a little too, wonder if i went back could i still get the same discounted price?

This pic is me and Joy sitting at the hotels poolside.

meandjoyasya.jpg

Boracay is most famous for its 7km long beach of white sand (called White Beach....very original :heh:), but sometimes it can get crowded in high season, which is was, Asya is also not located directly on the beach (but only like a 1 mins walk, maybe less, seriously it's not far, but they are one of the few hotels with their own private cove. About 10mins drive from the hotel (they provide free shuttle), they also provide speedboat transfers to and from the mainland and people arrive and leave from the Cove. (Small downside, you're not allowed bring food in, and they do over charge for slightly for food at the cove :mad:)

This is a pic of me at said private cove.

atprivatecove.jpg

For our 2nd day in Boracay I had set up a Sailing trip to see more of the island for the afternoon. I set this up before I left, with a crowd called "The Red Pirates", who kept popping up on the net as the crowd to sail with in Boracay, and I'm glad I did, these guys gave me a great day, and the sail boat was awesome. You can't see much of it in the pic below, but keep a watch on my Youtube and there'll be a video there soonish. They charge 500 peso an hour (like 7.70 euro) for the boat, and if you want they stop can somewhere and can cook a BBQ for you, you have to pay for the food the day before so they can buy and prepare it before the sailing. For my group of 5 people i asked for chicken, pork, fish, bananas, mangos, all for 1000 peso (aprox 15 euro), the food is really up to you, if you want you could even have lobster (but i asume that would cost a bit more). If anyone here ever finds themselves on this island, look these guys up and go for a sail trip with them.

redpirates.jpg

At night time on Boracay if you walk alone White Beach you'll notice a number of pretty awesome sand castles have been built. Local kids build these every night (tide washes them away by morning), it's like an ice sculpture, but it's sand, pretty awesome. Be warned however when you see these you will notice a small bucket next to it and the kids will ask you to drop some change, you don't have to if your just walking past (they'll still ask though), but if you take a picture or video it is customary to leave some money, like a tip (or you could leg it :heh:). The one in the pic below however was built for a TV show that was doing a recording earlier on, which is why it is fenced off.

sandcastle.jpg

One of Boracays landmarks is this grotto just off shore near the northern end of White Beach (at the area known as Station 1... which is also where alot of the more high end posh hotels are....seriously, there's a new hotel there called "Discovery Shores" that charge 300 US Dollars a night, HELL NO :heh:).

This grotto is more commonly known as "Willys Rock"... how it got that name I have not been able to find out though :wtf:

willysrock.jpg

Another thing Boracay is famous for is it's sunsets, I don't think this pic needs anymore of a description. Just look it: peace:

sunset.jpg

Away from Boracay now, this pic was taken on 27th April (i know, long gap of not using the camera :heh:), my cousin had a baby in March, this was the baptism, I was one of the Godfathers....that's right, "one", over there they don't have just one godfather and godmother, they have many, all the people in this pic (minus the parents and baby of course) are godparents. (This is my 4th godchild)

godfather.jpg

Here's a pic taken at a bar called "Calzada" in Iloilo City, I took a bunch of my cousins out for a night out before I left. As you can see there's a live band playing in the background, they weren't half bad. There was I think 14 of us in total, I paid the full bill of course, which included drinks and food during the course of the evening, it cost me approx. 60 euro...FOR FOURTEEN PEOPLE, hahaha, here for a night out you would spend that much on just one person, hahaha.

calzada.jpg

That's all the pics I'm gonna post, if you wanna see more, like I said stay tuned to my youtube and you'll see loads more in my vids over the next few weeks.

Also I of course did get more custom t-shirts made up again. For those who don't know, these are hand made using air-brush paints. You can bring in your own pics (which I always do) and the store will paint it to a shirt for you, if you've not seen any of my previous shirts check this video out and wait till the end (sorry, it's a bit long)

First I got a No More Heroes made

The Front

travisfront.jpg

The Back

travisback.jpg

And one of Sheena from Tales of Symphonia

The Front

sheenafront.jpg

The Back

sheenaback.jpg

And all for just 15 euro each, hahahahaha

Leeds Fest is sort of a holiday. The kind of holiday where you hold your poo in for 4 days.

I dont, i just grab some pegs for my nose, a bag of wet wipes and head to the toilets. Takes me about 10 mins to disinfect the cubicle with my wet wipes but its worth it for a good ol fashioned poo :)

Beautiful... Just amazing. Hate to break it to you Mokong, but life doesn't get much better than that.

Life could get better.... if i could afford to stay for longer that would be better : peace:

If you go in future, please smuggle me with you.

Already making plans for next year...will you fit in a suitcase (note: i will not be making any "air holes" for you in it):indeed: