Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mirror's Edge

Dan_Dare

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been through the demo about 4 times even though there isn't much to do :heh: think I'm secretly hoping it'll glitch and let me run over to that next jump after the helicopter part. Really enjoying it. I think I prefer it with Runner-Vision turned off. Makes it more challenging and at the same time makes you feel a bit more free.

Very impressed by the demo will definatly pick this up at one point it is really exciting leaping about when you are being chased I wonder if there is a mode where you can turn the colours off like an extra hard mode.

In the game options screen you can turn off the "Runner Vision" of which you speak, as well as the reticule. I like the runner vision myself, since they've incorporated it into the colour scheme anyway.

When I pick this up next friday, I'm gonna have to get myself a HDMI cable for my 360. I'm currently playing through the Component cable and it looks stunning but the footage of it running in HD is amazing. Or can the component cables display in HD? Argh.... I dunno. Just know that the HDMI cable will make it look even nicer.

When I pick this up next friday, I'm gonna have to get myself a HDMI cable for my 360. I'm currently playing through the Component cable and it looks stunning but the footage of it running in HD is amazing. Or can the component cables display in HD? Argh.... I dunno. Just know that the HDMI cable will make it look even nicer.

Component will show it in 720p (it's the most common HD format). HDMI will show it in 720p upscaled to 1080p.

In the game options screen you can turn off the "Runner Vision" of which you speak, as well as the reticule. I like the runner vision myself, since they've incorporated it into the colour scheme anyway.

Ah ok thanks. I agree id keep it but if I did a rerun would be nice to change things around go hardcore.

The colour scheme is very nice and refreshing nice to have a blue sky and bright colours. I really love how the game makes you think on your feet has a very exciting feel to it. Did anyone get motion sickness btw? I didnt but I heard its been a problem for some.

PA made a comic about how sick the game makes them (literally, physically, not in disgust or something like that). Anyone feel this playing the demo? I sure didn't :/ not even slightly tbh.

me neither. I never get it with games though. I do know people who can't play Half life because of it, which is both odd and a bit of a shame.

^ so not true 1080p then? Doesn't really matter. If that's the case, I don't really need to HDMI cable really. Is there much difference between 720p and 1080p to warrant the purchase of a HDMI cable?

HDMI will give you a sharper and more stable image regardless of the resolution. Well worth the fiver for the cable tbh (unless you use the optical port on the 360, then you'll be needing the official dongle)

Anyone got any idea on whether the free T-Shirt you can get by buying this is from GAME an online only thing, where you have to pre-order to get it, or instore upon release as well? Doesn't say anything on their site about it. T-shirt's quite nice which is why I'm wondering. I'll have another look but any help would be much appreciated.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!