N-Europe

Prince of Persia

Dan_Dare

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassins' was a pinnacle example of great ideas being left to rot without a solid game behind it to back it up. One of its main problems was Ubisoft tried to make it sandbox. They should have gone for a more Hitman like experience, level based. Scrap the entire 'information gathering' thing and take a lot more help from the Splinter Cell team (unless i'm being dense and it was the same team).

What it needed most of all was another 6 months. Oh and get rid of the American accent, it ruins all the credibility.

Assassins' was a pinnacle example of great ideas being left to rot without a solid game behind it to back it up. One of its main problems was Ubisoft tried to make it sandbox. They should have gone for a more Hitman like experience, level based. Scrap the entire 'information gathering' thing and take a lot more help from the Splinter Cell team (unless i'm being dense and it was the same team).

The sandbox thing wasn't the problem - it was one of the better things about it. It was just that the information gathering was badly done and the planning/initiation of the assassinations wasn't great, either. Plus the combat could have been a lot better rather than "hold Trigger. Press X. You've won!"

What it needed was to have missions for the information instead of the 3 different microgames. As well as a "drawing board" before the main assassination.

Anyway, the PoP graphics look ace.

Speaking of PoP....I should really get round to playing more of Sands of Time...it's just that WASD gets painful after a short amount of time...perhaps I should get a PC wireless adapter for the 360 controller.

Hmm so basically if I can stand playing zelda on the ds I'll be able to stand assassins?

I found prince of persia quite repetitive at time, but that's only because of having to go back to the same place, kill the same people blah blah blah

Hmm so basically if I can stand playing zelda on the ds I'll be able to stand assassins?

I found prince of persia quite repetitive at time, but that's only because of having to go back to the same place, kill the same people blah blah blah

Absolutely not. The Sea King Temple does not even compare to Assassins Creed because the repetitiveness lasts the whole game, not just a bit of it now and again. At least in Zelda you got to go on hoiday and do a dungeon, pick up some local souvenirs and explore the see before coming back to your boring 9-5 job at the Sea King Temple. Assassins Creed is like having a job of hand painting barcodes, accept less challenging.

Am I the only one not to like this new look? I don't think it particularly looks very nice.....

P.S much love to POP:Sands of Time....man I loved that game. Even my mum did!

I think it looks rubbish. Don;t understand why people like it....

Edge have a preview this month (out on 8th) so hopefully they'll have some good impressions.

I've got the magazine but I havn't had the chance yet to have a decent read at it, I don't think they have any new pictures but front cover looks awesome as does the art work in the article.

Beeecause there's a thing called opinion.

Oh yeah obviously but there are reasons as to why you have those opinions. It wasn't a stupid question, I genuinely don't see anything to shout about in those shots at all yet the first page of this thread is full of people saying they do. They don't really say what they like about it, so I' just asking people to expand on that...

What a waste of typing. Well at least maybe you can understand me now without having to make snide comments.

Oh yeah obviously but there are reasons as to why you have those opinions. It wasn't a stupid question, I genuinely don't see anything to shout about in those shots at all yet the first page of this thread is full of people saying they do. They don't really say what they like about it, so I' just asking people to expand on that...

What a waste of typing. Well at least maybe you can understand me now without having to make snide comments.

The internet wouldn't be fun without snide comments. Although I didn't make one, I understand that you don't like it because it's your taste and opinion, but exactly because of that you have to understand that other people might be enticed by the game's style. Seriously, do I even need to explain this?

Seeing a game that finally uses cel shading to make it seem like you're playing with the artwork is indeed something easy to be excited about, even if you don't like it (like SF4).

Also, you really don't like me do you? lol

Oh right, I forgot, there's also a thing called good sense.

How do you measure having good sense though? Is there a simple definition for it?

No. Like opinion it is entirely subjective and your perception of good sense is just a wrong as everyone else's.

Ok I'll add a comment then

The images themselves actually look good, the prince himself looks alot better than he looks in the other films (and hopefully doesn't strip off like he does...-.-). As does the boss that's shown, apprently they are able to practise more moves than just wandering about trying to kill the prince.

No rewind?! Why the heck not =[?

It does sound similar to assassins but they seem to have realised the flaws from that game and are trying to refine it for this PoP, which is nice, I like the idea of the real time to, with plants growing and such.

Sorry to be lacking in detail, but there's not that much to go off.

Seeing a game that finally uses cel shading to make it seem like you're playing with the artwork is indeed something easy to be excited about, even if you don't like it (like SF4).

You see, that wasn't hard was it? You actually explained yourself, that's all I was asking for. You're the only person who's actually done it so far (and you had already made such a comment anyway... my original question wasn't actually aimed at you).

Also, you really don't like me do you? lol

Not at all. I just find it annoying when you try and de-rail me when I'm trying to start discussion going. If we just said that everything was everyone's opinion then this would be a damn dull place. If anything I'd say it was you who doesn't like me, you do seem to have a pattern for replying to almost anything I say with an inflamatory attitude.

Nice, real nice, especially where it talks about moving away from that piece of crap AC.

This looks very promising! Those graphics make it stand out from the crowd.

also, they're claiming the fights are like duels. This makes me happy. Everyone knows the best fights in this kind of thing are the one on one battles with single, powerful advasaries.

A game that looks like artwork? Day 1. (if it's any good)

Are these not good enough reasons for people liking it, do we need captain obvious-like posts?

We have a few screenshots and little info, people say they like its looks and like what they are reading, when there's not much to discuss, that wraps it up. Do we need to explain every little thing that we like about, just because someone doesn't like it?

*You can jump with A*

-Awesome! You can jump with A, I am really looking forward to jumping with, because A is a really good button and is a hallmark of gaming controllers, symbolozing the beggining.

I wouldn't like a forum like this. (No need to reply saying something about snide comments, it's a joke OK?)

Don't think I'm hunting your posts or anything, I always reply like this, I see something I don't like or agree, I reply, it's simple. I'm not de-railing anything and I'm not insulting anyone, it's just that it's hard to see how it's not understandable that other people like other things, which is why I replied.

How do you measure having good sense though? Is there a simple definition for it?

No. Like opinion it is entirely subjective and your perception of good sense is just a wrong as everyone else's.

Good sense or common sense, whatever you wanna call it, is realizing if saying or doing something in a certain context is appropriate or not. It's not a hard science, but it's not black magic either.

If you think it's completly normal for people not to understand how others can have different opinions and it's OK to say that genocide is awesome and back that up by saying it's your own brand of good sense, there's something seriously wrong.

Off-topic enough for you?

Personally I like it when designers make good use of cel shading, to give the characters a more charming feel to them e.g. Jet Set Radio. I hate it when it used blatantly because 'it's the thing to do'. E.g. the TNMT games Or when it is implemented poorly or at the most basic level, again the TMNT games.

EDIT: 500th post! And im finally something other than a regular :D

Look this is the last thing I'm going to post, because you've managed to take a reasonable question of mine and use it to half fill this thread with crap, mostly consisting of you failing to understand me.

Are these not good enough reasons for people liking it, do we need captain obvious-like posts?

We have a few screenshots and little info, people say they like its looks and like what they are reading, when there's not much to discuss, that wraps it up. Do we need to explain every little thing that we like about, just because someone doesn't like it?

No, Hellfire, please read what I say carefully cos it's obviously difficult for you to understand by the way you're reacting (that wasn't a joke). I am asking people why they think it looks good to try and strike up a conversation about visual style and aesthetics. It's not about me needing it spelt out for me (by the way am I spelling everything out for you ok, here?) but an opportunity to get some depth out of the discussions on this board. I'm sorry that you feel that my question seems inappropriate and I can't actually believe that you've tried to have a discussion about whether it's worthy of answering. Don't like the question, then don't answer.

I'm not de-railing anything and I'm not insulting anyone, it's just that it's hard to see how it's not understandable that other people like other things, which is why I replied.

Not hard to undestand that people like certain things at all, Hellfire, I'm interested in why because that says things about presentation and graphical representation. Just because something has a simple answer to you doesn't me it does to everyone else. And yes you have de-railed my question by over analysing it and being petty, something which you would understand if you considered what other people are trying to get out of the forums. Seriously, your actively spoiling the forums for me at the moment, which I would never do to anyone here. Stop being selfish.

I don't feel like you are targetting me in anyway, the fact that you are sniping on all of my comments is just because I've been saying things that you don't agree with, which you pathologically can't help but contradict. Have fun, saying a lot of nothing dude, must be really fun : peace: