PS3 ARMY OF TWO ELECTRONIC ARTS Mar-08 224.9K

Industry Sales

Mar-07 Mar-08 CHG

Total Video Games $1.1B $1.7B 57%

Video Games Hardware $377.9M $551.3M 46%

Video Games Software $579.1M $945.6M 63%

Video Game Accessories $139.5M $220M 58%

Will Wii Fit outsell GTA?

I guess guns and crime are quite high in America, but then it's not like they're the fittest bunch.

I say it'll be close between them, with Wii fit selling more.

Make that a lot more actually. If there are more Wii's than PS3 then surely...

Guest Jordan
I'm really happy for Smash Bros, but I would like to know how many of those are imports.

I'd say no more than 15K...

I don't think Wii Fit can be included in the game charts for some reason.

I don't think there'll be enough copies available for it to outsell GTA4! Don't think it would either; maybe in the long run.

PS Does anyone know how many copies Halo 3 has sold total and that of Mario Galaxy?

I remembered reading that somewhere but I could just be insane; or thats just in Japan. It's the way the data is collected, and Wii Fit doesn't qualify.

Please somebody back me up on this :)

That is just a fanboy trolling saying WiiFit dont count in the chats like Wii is just a fad and I blame WiiFit fashion.

PS Does anyone know how many copies Halo 3 has sold total and that of Mario Galaxy?

Mario Galaxy is at about 5.1 million and Halo 3 at around 8 million I believe.

I remembered reading that somewhere but I could just be insane; or thats just in Japan. It's the way the data is collected, and Wii Fit doesn't qualify.

Yeah, Wii Fit won't be counted as software so it won't be in the NPD Software charts next month. It was discussed in a IGN Wii-k in review. Link to summary

I think its right not to be counted, I mean, its not really a game at all. I don't understand why games magazines are reviewing it either. Just becuase it's software for a machine doesn't make it a game.

Here in the UK it probably will be counted as ChartTrack count sales of things like Norton anti-virus so in theory it will be too.

That is just a fanboy trolling saying WiiFit dont count in the chats like Wii is just a fad and I blame WiiFit fashion.

I think Dazzybee is correct - I've heard it on a couple of Podscasts that NPD would not count WiiFit as a games sale as they deem it to be a peripheral (how the hell Wii Play is counted then is beyond me!).

Yes, I'm not insane! I always have my doubts!! :)

Anyways, good slaes for Mario Galaxy, it's been disappointing seeing it slide in the UK and Japan though; it's the best game I've played in a long time and some time in the future I may look back on it as the best game I've ever played; I just wish EVERYBODY bought the game :)