NEurope

I say take them out. It just leads to people cheating when online making it incredibly unfair for those who are actually playing the game properly.

I say take them out. It just leads to people cheating when online making it incredibly unfair for those who are actually playing the game properly.
They asked about single player cheat codes though!?

I think cheat codes can be quite fun, think back to Goldeneye.

I never really used them, but big head mode, unlimited ammo, invisibility, turbo mode etc... can be fun to turn on occasionally.

They asked about single player cheat codes though!?

I think cheat codes can be quite fun, think back to Goldeneye.

I never really used them, but big head mode, unlimited ammo, invisibility, turbo mode etc... can be fun to turn on occasionally.

..Proximity Mines with Unlimited Ammo in Goldeneye was mayhem :heh:

I'm still not feeling the Conduit vibe though..

Aslong as they got unlocked in agood way, like Goldeneye, then it can be quite fun. I mean who hasn't done Facility with the no dying cheat and having the Golden Gun to kill that General to save Alec?

Aslong as they got unlocked in agood way, like Goldeneye, then it can be quite fun. I mean who hasn't done Facility with the no dying cheat and having the Golden Gun to kill that General to save Alec?

*rasies hand* ..I didn't know anyone who did that :eek: ..but next time I play it, I might have to :heh:

What!? I thought everyone would have done that, so many fun ways to kill the infinite amount of soldiers. Proximity mines, tank, dual weilding Guns, rocket launcher.

Damn I want to play this now :heh:

Yeah think I remember doin that.

There was another one, which not sure I ever managed to do....

Train level + turbo mode + small mode [was that a cheat? or maybe you just had to crouch?!] and try and get into the front of the train with Alex and Xenia, before the metal shutters come down.

What!? I thought everyone would have done that, so many fun ways to kill the infinite amount of soldiers. Proximity mines, tank, dual weilding Guns, rocket launcher.

Damn I want to play this now :heh:

haha, me too!

Yeah I used to love having all weapons mode on; especially as you could dual wield every weapon! Damn two shutguns packed a punch!

That was a good article. In regards to cheat codes, I'd say leave them in as long as the online has a proper kick player feature just incase someone manages to hack the game and get them in multiplayer, but I imagine they could be fun in single player.

Well if it's for the single player, I say leave them in but as unlockable codes/settings that you get for beating certain levels or for fulfilling certain criteria, such as 'use minimal ammo in a level to get unlimited ammo cheat.' That kind of thing. I'll never use them anyway. Just feel it kind of ruins the experience with the invincibility/unlimited ammo/whatever things.

When I think how much fun they were in Goldeneye, let them in, even though I only used them in local multiplayer. Still, it can add to the single player fun.

I never got the Invencibility Cheat in GoldenEye, I think. It was one of the hardest to achieve, I think you had to complete Facility in 00 Agent difficulty in under 2 minutes! That's insane! The guards in GoldenEye have ungodly good aim and each shot takes almost half your energy.

I did manage to get the Invisibility one, though, which consisted in completing the Archives level in 00 Agent difficulty in under 1:20. :heh: It took me a lot tries to get that one, but when I finally did, it was a great sense of achievement. But the fact that I love the music in the Archives level helped a lot, GoldenEye has a lot of kickass music (like most Rare games) but Archives is probably my favourite:

Archives: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAK-Yd3oHTA When the part at 0:30 kicks in whilst you're shooting guards with two DD44 Dostovei really makes you feel like an action hero from a John Woo movie! :heh:

GoldenEye has got to have one of the best game soundtracks ever.

As I couldn't get them all, I just used a cheat code to open all of them up!

ha so did I.

I was only thinking to myself the other day how much I miss cheat codes in games these days.

Just on the off-chance that High Voltage do read N-E, may i make a suggestion:

I assume for The Conduit, it'll generate me plenty of shoes to throw.

Slappers Only was great in Goldeneye, how about an equally potty mode.

I never got the Invencibility Cheat in GoldenEye, I think. It was one of the hardest to achieve, I think you had to complete Facility in 00 Agent difficulty in under 2 minutes! That's insane! The guards in GoldenEye have ungodly good aim and each shot takes almost half your energy.

I did manage to get the Invisibility one, though, which consisted in completing the Archives level in 00 Agent difficulty in under 1:20. :heh: It took me a lot tries to get that one, but when I finally did, it was a great sense of achievement. But the fact that I love the music in the Archives level helped a lot, GoldenEye has a lot of kickass music (like most Rare games) but Archives is probably my favourite:

Archives: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAK-Yd3oHTA When the part at 0:30 kicks in whilst you're shooting guards with two DD44 Dostovei really makes you feel like an action hero from a John Woo movie! :heh:

GoldenEye has got to have one of the best game soundtracks ever.

I had them all, my mates used to give me their carts to unlock the cheats for them! I lived on that game.

I hope the Conduit has plenty of multiplayer options. I love CTF and I'd love to see the return of King of the Hill from Perfect Dark

As I couldn't get them all, I just used a cheat code to open all of them up!

Unbelievable. You set a great example, don't you. :heh: You did get DK mode on your own, yeah?

My mate and I totally killed GoldenEye back in the day. I have all the cheats opened. :hehe: I think the one in the Temple level was the hardest one for me.

King of the hill can be a fun mode, I agree, Zechs. I remember it being pretty good in Jetforce Gemini.

King of the hill is when you have a certain number of bases and the team who has the most under their control for the longest wins, right? Very fun mode.

One of my favorite Multiplayer modes for FPS games is Instant Death CTF. Where you're only weapon is a Rifle and everyone has only 1 HP and infinite ammo.

It doesn't really look nicer, cam vids like that just don't show off things like aliasing as much as direct feed videos.

I didn't have problems before though, I'm impressed enough with what it's doing technically to overlook aliasing issues and what not.

Anyway still looks like it'll be pretty fun with the great controls + good visuals so I'll still be buying!

After watching those vids I'm even more sold on this game... it looks simply fantastic!

Hopefully we get a new trailer at GDC. I'd like to see some on-screen videos of the new stuff.

I'm just not happy with the explosions and fire effects. RE4 had VERY realistic fire and explosions, and this should have at least equivalent effects, not worse.

Game's great though, I've always been a supporter.

I'm just not happy with the explosions and fire effects. RE4 had VERY realistic fire and explosions, and this should have at least equivalent effects, not worse.

RE4 Was made by a huge company. This was made by a small company and funded completely in house for most of development.

Weren't too many explosions happening all at once in RE4 though, were there? This is a FPS, and obviously there's a lot more going on on-screen much more of the time. Besides, it'll probably look better when you're playing it on your own tv.