NEurope

You guys don't back off an inch, do you? :lol: i think the game is great and will control great and I'd like for the 360 FPS's to control like this, but come on, don't look at the game through rose tinted glasses. The explosions look bad, fact.

And RE4 had plenty of fire in some sections and could have fire anywhere just as long as you had an incendiary grenade on you to throw at the ganados. And it had plenty going on in many sections, like many sieges. And remember the helicopter assisted attack on the Island Fortress? Plenty going on in there.

I'm so buying this. It's looking better and better. I just hope the single player isn't short or boring.

But there's always the multiplayer there.

You guys don't back off an inch, do you? :lol: i think the game is great and will control great and I'd like for the 360 FPS's to control like this, but come on, don't look at the game through rose tinted glasses. The explosions look bad, fact.

And RE4 had plenty of fire in some sections and could have fire anywhere just as long as you had an incendiary grenade on you to throw at the ganados. And it had plenty going on in many sections, like many sieges. And remember the helicopter assisted attack on the Island Fortress? Plenty going on in there.

I don't think those kind of glasses apply here. If anything is green space glasses from the future.

And explosions differ in every game, its not like every game has an obligation to be like RE4.

I'm so buying this. It's looking better and better. I just hope the single player isn't short or boring.

But there's always the multiplayer there.

Same here. I'm hoping for a good solid single player from this. Though I think the online mode will be immense fun with 16 of us shooting it out with WiiSpeak :)

I think in one of the videos they said 12 Hours+ or was it 8.
Yeah they say single player should be around 10-12 hours [i think], if you 'gold route it', or something [meaning if you don't explore, find stuff, solve all the puzzles etc...], which seems a good length for a single player if correct!

Hmm. I'd have prefered slightly longer. All games must be at least 16 hours to complete, or the world ends. Fact.

People complain and want "slightly longer" on virtually every action game but it's not about length, it's about good pacing and keeping the player satisfied. If a game is 3 hours long and it's 3 hours of the best shit ever then I dont give a damn how short it is, I'll play it again.

Well it all depends on the game. If there's a great, deep and invovling online multiplayer or if there's massive replayability then the overall length doesn't matter too much. If the game is just 5 hours with no multiplayer and little reason to replay, then that's not great.

For example - Ghost Squad on the Wii was very short, but I keep playing again and again to unlock everything and push my score up the online leaderboard.

Call of Duty WAW had a decent campaign - but I spent far more time in the online mode which I still play nearly every day.

However there are some games like Zelda that once I've gone through them I'm not just going to blast through it right away for a second time. Thus the quest needs to be deeper and longer.

I'm pretty sure that most people on this board will want a great single player experience - however if we're all still playing the Conduit 6 or 12 months after it's release I'm pretty sure that'll be down to the multiplayer goodness.

Here's some snippets from the front page of our very own N-E.

High Voltage's showcase FPS receives a date, and there's some disappointing news for local multiplayer fans...

Currently showing at the New York Comic Convention (and you can check out fresh footage here, The Conduit is ever closer to completion. Chief Creative Officer at HVS Eric Nofsinger has been giving more information on the game.

Apparently, the official date set down is June 9th. Presumably, this applies only to a North American release at the this point, but confirmation of a European date is surely soon to follow.

Nofsinger also went into some details of the multiplayer aspects of The Conduit, or at least, the aspects that won't be there. He again reiterated there would be no split-screen multiplayer in the FPS, though heavily hinted that this could be rectified in a sequel. Disappointingly, he also confirmed that the game will not ship with the LAN capabilities that was present in earlier builds of the shooter. Allegedly, Nintendo would not allow it (Kuju's Battalion Wars 2 suffered a similar fate).

So it's bad news for those without an online set-up, but at least we can be rest assured the game is coming along according to schedule.

What is Nintendo's problem with LAN. Fair enough, not many people would be using it, but still, why?

Both Mario Kart DD and 1080 Avalanche shipped with LAN, so why drop it this generation?

What is Nintendo's problem with LAN. Fair enough, not many people would be using it, but still, why?

LAN is always security issue. After all, first Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox and Xbox 360 games were ripped using holes in the network system. Of course, Wii has been already compromised, but who knows what hackers could do fully working LAN-protocol.

LAN is always security issue. After all, first Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox and Xbox 360 games were ripped using holes in the network system. Of course, Wii has been already compromised, but who knows what hackers could do fully working LAN-protocol.

Ok. Now i know.

If they're so reluctant to allow developers to use it to go as far as axing it from their own games, they shouldn't put the fucking console feature there in the first place.

If they're so reluctant to allow developers to use it to go as far as axing it from their own games, they shouldn't put the fucking console feature there in the first place.

You do realize that if the console was incapable of LAN, it would also be incapable of connecting to the internet.

Online is good enough for me as I rarely get together with people who would be interested in playing split screen and I can't think of any scenario where I would be able to have a LAN game with someone.

Perhaps Red Steel 2 will have split screen.

And they want to put it into The Conduit 2.

Except that it wasn't ever even a feature. Nintendo never advertised it, and never said officially their system would support LAN gaming.

You do realize that if the console was incapable of LAN, it would also be incapable of connecting to the internet.

Indeed.

Except that it wasn't ever feature. Nintendo never advertised it, and never said games would support LAN.

Though, now that I think about it, I think they did say at one point it was designed so you would be able to connect to other people on your street using the Wii's built in wireless.

Yeah i'm fairly sure they said it had wireless lan in it so it could link up with other Wii's.

despite the fact i know of no Wii's in my street, that'd be rather cool. Can't think of what use it'd be, but still.

Technically it's possible, with firmware modifications probably. And the guys from Conduit said it was working.

But I couldn't see Nintendo accepting to change it for one game and 0,0001% of it's buyers. Also, what Teppo said: security issues.

But it's a bummer, I would probably use it once or twice with some of my friends Wiis.

I actually remember them mentioning it quite a lot prior to and after the Wii's release. Both Kuju and High Voltage Software have worked together with Nintendo very closely, I just think it's a bit offside for them to not allow them to use this feature.

It's worse for Kuju, as they were working directly for Nintendo on a popular Nintendo franchise, and for Nintendo to let them get to the GDC in 2006 believing that the LAN mode they'd developed would be included in the final product is extremely offside.

popular Nintendo franchise

Eh? We are talking about BWii, right? The game that, sadly, didn't sell too well?

^ he's meaning that it's an off-branch from the Advance Wars franchise and as such is a popular one.

Eh? We are talking about BWii, right? The game that, sadly, didn't sell too well?

Fine. Popular among the "core" audience, who would be the ones to actually use the LAN feature and pay attention to the GDC in the first place. And I thought Advance Wars was a pretty popular franchise.