Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii White GameCube Pad Getting released in Japan

Deathjam

Yeah agreed they should make a Wii Gamecube controller, but this is pretty similar to one to be honest. But I'm in the fans who already have a wavebird and wouldn't need to pick one up :)

But if more games start using Gamecube controllers they should start selling them again with the Wii audience in mind.

re-releasing the Wavebird for Wii would be nice... re-releasing it with a recharable battery pack and RUMBLE FUNCTION would be nicer...

If the 360 pad can do it, then so can a re-released Wavebird in this day and age, otherwise whats the point? might as well stick with an original wavebird.

I'd be tempted to get one if you know of a good site? My purple GC pad has a dodgy B button from Metroid Prime (all that jumping!) and all the face buttons on my Wavebird can be a bit "sticky." Its annoying, but I can cope with it when I need to. I usually use my wired controller anyway because I like the rumble, so this being wired is fine by me.

Is it actually a real game-cube controller or does it hook into the wii remote?

I really have no use for a wired game-cube controller, both my Wii and cube are too far from the couch to use one, so I'd need to sit on the floor. Plus I already have a wavebird.

Perhaps Nintendo should release a bluetooth game-cube controller so we don't need to use any dongle, I'd buy a couple of them if they did that, same as if they just linked into the remote.

Plus the classic controller is better for most VC games.

I think it was shino or gizmo (names that come to mind) who said this will be a good idea. Well looks like Nintendo were listening as this is being released in Japan.

gc_photo.jpg

News courtesy of Computer and Video Games

That looks Pearl-White, not Wii-White.

From the looks of it, it's nothing more than a re-release of the Pearl White GameCube Controller.

Guest bluey
Well guys, ask Bluey, she might just do a good importing service for you all. She never misses an opportunity to hit Akiba :yay:

...true dat ^^

if anyone wants one you know who to pm!

.....(me!)

I really have no use for a wired game-cube controller, both my Wii and cube are too far from the couch to use one, so I'd need to sit on the floor. Plus I already have a wavebird.

Perhaps Nintendo should release a bluetooth game-cube controller so we don't need to use any dongle, I'd buy a couple of them if they did that, same as if they just linked into the remote.

Plus the classic controller is better for most VC games.

yeah I thought that...

Personally I don't think Nintendo should be re-releasing anything though...surely it is a damning slam on both the wiimote and the nunchuk and the classic controller that this years biggest title so far Smash Bros plays better on last gens controller...stick to your guns Nintendo...