NEurope

RB1 guitars flameboy. Have you used one? I assumed it was something that would grow on me but I genuinely don't get along with it. I play ten times better with the Xplorer.

RB1 guitars flameboy. Have you used one? I assumed it was something that would grow on me but I genuinely don't get along with it. I play ten times better with the Xplorer.

Nope only ever used GH guitars...on Wii, PS2 and 360. Just asking because am getting Rock Band 2 when it finally hits PS3 and just wondered...

Rock Band 2 is finally coming to PS3 at the end of the month. Though to confuse everyone, Sony are releasing RB2 packs with the old instruments as well as the new ones, which no prices have yet been revealed for.

Rock Band 2 is finally coming to PS3 at the end of the month. Though to confuse everyone, Sony are releasing RB2 packs with the old instruments as well as the new ones, which no prices have yet been revealed for.

Prices have been revealed;

UK Rock Band fans, you better bust out your plastic instrument polish, because you're going to want to have your gear in tip-top shape when Rock Band 2 releases. For PS3 and PS2 gamers, the sequel will be available on retail shelves March 27. For those that have subscribed to Nintendo's console, the game is coming a little later, as it has been set for a April 24 release on Wii. PS3 gamers will have to shell out a cool £49.99 for the title, whereas Wii gamers will only need to spend £39.99 on it. PS2 gamers catch the biggest break in the price department and will only have to spend £29.99 on the game, although one could argue it's barely Rock Band. Instruments will also receive a new price and will be set accordingly:

Stand alone guitars will retail at £39.99

Stand alone drums will retail for £49.99

An "Instrument Edition" including drums, guitar and microphone will retail for £89.99

Also, consumers in the UK will now be able to purchase the "Instrument Edition" along with the Rock Band software together for £119.99 on PS3 and Xbox 360, and £109.99 on the PlayStation 2 and Wii. Are you ready to rawk?

http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/02/27/rock-band-2-ps3-ps2-on-mar-27-in-uk-coming-apr-24-for-wii/

As I said, that is for the old instruments.

"We're introducing new, low price points for the original Rock Band hardware to make starting a band more affordable than ever," said the publisher in a statement.

There are plans to release the improved Rock Band 2 instruments in Europe, but they're not confirmed yet, and neither is the price. "We're also working on getting Rock Band 2 hardware to Europe and we hope to have more news soon,"

oh crap...didn't realise that...so not quite the bargain its made out to be...was thinking of getting it when it came out...now not so sure weren't there problems with the original rock band hardware?

oh crap...didn't realise that...so not quite the bargain its made out to be...was thinking of getting it when it came out...now not so sure weren't there problems with the original rock band hardware?

Don't think so. I have had mine since US Launch (PS3), and apart from breaking a drumstick from twatting it too hard, I have had no problems at all.

I've got the full band kit for Guitar Hero World Tour - so I'll use that. The GHWT Guitar is awesome and pisses all over the rock band one.

I've also added the original Rock Band to my rental list then I'll use the utitlity in the PS store to rip the tracks in preparation for Rock Band 2 - that will give me an extra 60 songs for the game - I can't wait!

:D : peace: :D : peace: :D : peace: :D : peace: :D : peace: :D : peace:

I've got the full band kit for Guitar Hero World Tour - so I'll use that. The GHWT Guitar is awesome and pisses all over the rock band one.

I've also added the original Rock Band to my rental list then I'll use the utitlity in the PS store to rip the tracks in preparation for Rock Band 2 - that will give me an extra 60 songs for the game - I can't wait!

:D : peace: :D : peace: :D : peace: :D : peace: :D : peace: :D : peace:

Yeah more expensive though isn't it to the GH band tour kit...might just get the £120 bundle for RB2...The no fail mode is a big thing for me as it will be a more casual thing to play with friends and family...cancelled my rental subscription as not reallly using it much... so will have to find another way of getting the RB1 disc for some rippage.

So wait, its my understanding that the 360 is also getting the RB2 controllers in April.

Is this right? I really want a guitar.

I think thats the case yes, I was gonna get the RB2 instruments package but I'm actually leaning towards now bothering with the Guitar and Mic and as for the drums, going for the Ion drum kit instead, sure it's more expensive but it certainly looks built to last and would ensure that you wouldn't need to buy another drum kits for the RB games ever again as it's upgradeable too. :)

^ IS the Ion drum kit the one that costs something like £300 (or is it dollars? It's 300 something)?

I'm surprised that the amount of space that the RB1 songs take up is only 1.7Gb. I thought it'd be much bigger. Looking to get the RB2 sometime this weekend if possible so going to export all the songs and get rid of the first one to go towards the second.

^ IS the Ion drum kit the one that costs something like £300 (or is it dollars? It's 300 something)?

Something like that, but it looks built to last. :)

It does indeed. It's a nice looking drum kit and I'd love to get it. Still haven't tried this out on the drums or GHWT and have really wanted to but can't find anywhere, store-wise, that are selling the drum kits in singles and not in the band pack.

My mate works at ASDA and they had a couple of clear out Guitar Hero 3's with the guitar, so he got me one as he knew I wanted one... and get this after his staff discount cost me just £25 with the game! So whilst it might not be latest model will still work with Guitar Hero World Tour. I'm familar with the guitar as well as used to own it on Wii and can live without the touchpad malarky, am I right in thinking will work with Rock Band as well? Seems to be the case according to this;

http://www.joystiq.com/instrument-compatibility-matrix

My mate works at ASDA and they had a couple of clear out Guitar Hero 3's with the guitar, so he got me one as he knew I wanted one... and get this after his staff discount cost me just £25 with the game! So whilst it might not be latest model will still work with Guitar Hero World Tour. I'm familar with the guitar as well as used to own it on Wii and can live without the touchpad malarky, am I right in thinking will work with Rock Band as well? Seems to be the case according to this;

http://www.joystiq.com/instrument-compatibility-matrix

Yup it will work fine

New DLC today, I just picked up two classic Offspring tracks 'All I want' and 'The Kids Aren't Alright' theres also REM on there 'Losing My Religion' and erm Richard Thompson 'The Way That It Shows' for anyone who's interested, anyway a good week. : peace:

The two Offspring ones are pretty cool. "Kids Aren't Alright" is a definite buy, but unsure whether to get "All I Want" now or later.

"Losing My Religion" intrigues me a smidgen. :hmm:

Crap. Forgot that these two Offspring songs and that REM one were coming up for download. My brother spent basically all of the 1600 points we had left on the stupid Death Magnetic Metallica DLC for Guitar Hero, which isn't that great from what I've played of it. Oh well, I'll just charge 2000 MS points to my mother's card seeing as it's linked to our XBL. :D

Nah, Death Magnetic is a quality album, it's just a shame that the DLC is on Guitar Hero and not Rock Band.

Not the Guitar Hero thread, I know. But I'm not gonna look for it.

So I played World Tour earlier, and realised I had got 5* on 'Satch Boogie' on Expert. I got a score of about 155,000, but when I played it earlier I got a score of about 133,000 and only 3*. Obviously, they made it slightly easy to get the 5*.

This does mean I have 5* on every song on Expert. Plus that I can now easily 5* 'Hot For Teacher' makes me happy.

I rock. : peace:* (Not peace, it's devilhorns!)

Oh Villan, I 5 starred One last night too. Only got Raining Blood to go (But I need another 40k points for that and I don't think that's going to happen :()

All instruments are cheaper across all platforms for this. £109 for the Band Box is a pretty decent deal when you think about it.