NEurope

Heroes in a Half Shell will be getting the Spongebob songs.

(That's our band, btw)

Well, I seriously doubt that Large Family of Dangos, Ben Bailey Boulevard or Drill-Fork will be getting the SpongeBob songs, tbh. I think they want Van Halen.

(Those are my bands. My three bands. The originals, the solo project and the all-girl band respectively.)

Perhaps I should have come up with a better band name than ProphecyDefined. Seems lacking in comparison to some of your ones. But then I think it sounds alright.

I opted to name my band 'Food-Fighters' lolz well in Rock Band 2 anyway, in Rock Band 1 my band went by the name of 'Crimson Ring of Death' ... >> yeah...

My solo band is called Spl00ge Cloth. Had to star out the zeroes for Live though. :(

And my group band is the Sesame Streeth themed "Can You Hear Us Linda?". I'll get the Spongebob songs if they're free. Anything for nothing. ;)

Took the plunge and bought the drums for this today. So uncoordinated with them it's unbelievable. Still, I'm managing better than my brother. Practise will make perfect though so I just need to keep playing. Tried jumping in at the deep end and playing something on expert but I just couldn't fathom it out. The kick pedal is confusing me. Need to get better at multitasking.

Don't want to make all you 360 owners jealous but the 20 free tracks on the PS3 version of Rock Band 2 consists of:

1."Afterlife" - Avenged Sevenfold

2."Call Me" - Blondie

3."El Scorcho" - Weezer

4."Girl U Want" - Devo

5."Girls Who Play Guitars" - Maximo Park

6."Indestructible" - Disturbed

7."It Hurts" - Angels & Airwaves

8."Just What I Needed" - The Cars

9."Message in a Bottle" - The Police

10."Monkey Gone to Heaven" - Pixies

11."Rio" - Duran Duran

12."Saints of Los Angeles" - Motley Crue

13."Simple Man" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

14."Snow (Hey Oh)" - Red Hot Chili Peppers

15."The Perfect Drug" - Nine Inch Nails

16."This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" - Fall Out Boy

17."Time Is Running Out" - Papa Roach

18."Why Do You Love Me" - Garbage

19."You've Got Another Thing Comin'" - Judas Priest

20."Zero" - Smashing Pumpkins

A big improvement on the freebies you guys got eh? Mind you we had to wait ages until Rock Band 2 was released.

The ones I bought and would look forward to from that pack are bolded. :heh:

I think I'd rather have the game 6 months in advance and pay the MSP for the songs then have to wait until now!

Edited by Dyson

More Guitar Hero III related news from me:

I finally 5* Raining Blood on Expert. Meaning I have now 5* all songs on Expert. :bouncy:

Just looks like another week of 'filler' dlc to me... probably great if you like the bands though.

More Guitar Hero III related news from me:

I finally 5* Raining Blood on Expert. Meaning I have now 5* all songs on Expert. :bouncy:

Aw fuck. I dunno if I'll be able to get that one done tbh. Need to improve my score by 40k to get 5*. Well done though!

Beer for my Horses is next week, wish I had some bloody points for it, epic song..I like it anyway >>

Do Singstar Mics work with Rockband noticed they are going cheap on shopto...

Any USB mic will work.

Oh lordy BFMV next week.. and I only have 120 points. ;_;

Cooky or someone! Need your help.

I am looking at different instruments and stuff for Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

Whic ones do i get?

The rock band kit first

The Gutiar Hero game with Gutiars?

Hurry need to decide!

Cooky or someone! Need your help.

I am looking at different instruments and stuff for Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

Whic ones do i get?

The rock band kit first

The Gutiar Hero game with Gutiars?

Hurry need to decide!

Here is compatibility matrix for all the instruments and games;

http://www.joystiq.com/instrument-compatibility-matrix

It seems the GH World Tour Drums are the best but you can't buy them solo. As for the guitars its a preference thing some people prefer GH others prefer RB...

Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar is freaking sweet get that with the game and buy Rock Band 2.

Go on you know you want to!

FINALLY got round to beating ES2 on RB2 earlier. I was playing Tour mode and saw it and though "Why not?"

I'll tell you why not, because if you plan on getting one of the hidden trophies, it's 6.5 hours of solid playing without breaks. Bloody mental. I didn't manage that - was planning on it but got to song 64 and accidently pulled the Xplorer out of the controller socket so the game paused ;_; So took a break for 4 or 5 hours when that happened and came back to it later.

ANYWAY who cares - 100G for beating it on Expert (difficulties stack thankfully!), 50 million fans, $50k and 400 stars for my tour and best of all...my platinum guitar badge. You know the instrument symbols? Whenever there's one for guitar and I'm using my character it's a shiny platinum one, even online. Others can see my truly pro status. :D

So that's good fun, got 125G to go until I've 1kd it but that's not happening; never want to do ES2 ever again! DLC is still coming nicely. Chinese Democracy album by Guns n Roses is up next week. Don't care for it personally, Shackler's Revenge seems to be the only good track off the album and we already have it. :D

Recent purchases for meee!

• Don't Stop Believing - Journey (Oh fuck yess :D)
  • Get Up (I feel Like Being a) Sex Machine - James Brown (Good fun for vocals and bass. Guitar is shit. Not tried drums. Fun nonetheless :heh:)
  • Last Resort - Papa Roach (Pretty tricky on the old geetar. Good stuff.)
  • Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World (No matter how much I try I can't get the rhythm on it at all, god damn it. It's impossible)
  • New Slang - The Shins (Love love love this song. It's...lovely. Really.)

After all that I played online to show off my shiny new symbol, only to bump in to a guy who had the same platinum symbol...only for Vocals. I played in his tour for a while, good guy, ended up adding him to friends list, he had tons of DLC too. The most amazing thing though, is that the had maxed out the star counter. 3770 or something - even the endless setlist was 420/420'd. Everything else was gold starred. Looked absolutely insane. Checked out the band stats afterwards, at something like 600 million fans and 401st ranked band or something.

Edited by Dyson

I have the same problem with Sweetness, just can't get the hang of it on Expert, piss all over it on Hard though. Really want to try vocals on it, love the song.

Oh lordy Chinese Democracy next week. Might have to get a few tracks when I get some points, but its not worth a whole 1600 for the album.

I had trouble with Sweetness to start with but now I can mostly get the rhythm. It's on the odd occasion when I lapse in concentration that I screw up, which on a song like this happens a lot because the constant strumming just sort of bores me a little.

I'll probably get up early one day and spend the day doing the Endless Setlist. I don't think I could do it one go, so I won't bother like that. I just need a day where I don't stay in bed until 2pm. I could do it then. :awesome: