NEurope

Both the KoL and Rise Against packs were enough to have made me jizz.

I needs me some MS points...

=O Rise Against! That is teh awesomes. Went to see the real Rise Against with the two people that make up my Rock Band bandmates, so that will be great fun to play!

Awesome! I was literally saying to Villan the other night that we would surely be due some decent DLC soon instead of merely filler, seems I was right. :heh:

Molly's Chambers in particular is an instant purchase for me. :D

Just bought some more MS Points for the track packs, now all I have to do is wait for the e-mail that will have the points code... *twiddles thumbs*

While I wait, here's some music.

Right, got the points, now downloading. Yatta! :grin:

Edited by Roostophe

The KOL pack is pretty sweet. I've been playing The Kids Aren't Alright by the Offspring a ton. I do love the song but it's perfect for RB.

Just picked this up the other week (PS3 version as was sick of waiting for the Wii delays)...now, the PS3 has bonus songs or sommat yeah? Are they just 'in-game' or is there something you have to do to get them?

Any help would be great, thanks guys.

The KOL pack is pretty sweet. I've been playing The Kids Aren't Alright by the Offspring a ton. I do love the song but it's perfect for RB.

Just picked this up the other week (PS3 version as was sick of waiting for the Wii delays)...now, the PS3 has bonus songs or sommat yeah? Are they just 'in-game' or is there something you have to do to get them?

Any help would be great, thanks guys.

Hurrah - someone on the forums now has it for the PS3. If I remember rightly the 20 bonus songs are a code on the manual you redeem at the PSN store.

We have to play sometime soon Tapey!

KOL tracks are pretty sweet.

Oh and another thing - rent RB1 and buy the tool in the PSN store - (about £3) hey presto, 60 RB1 songs on your hard drive for use in RB2.

Play you soon!

Forgot about those bonus songs until you guys just mentioned it, so I downlaoded them today and found that Young by Hollywood Undead was one of the tracks :yay:

I nearly creamed myself!

Are the 360's bonus songs downloadable with the code on the manual? I remember there were bonus songs and there was a code on the manual but haven't checked. Anyone know if they are still available/whether I'm correct and not blathering nonsense?

Are the 360's bonus songs downloadable with the code on the manual? I remember there were bonus songs and there was a code on the manual but haven't checked. Anyone know if they are still available/whether I'm correct and not blathering nonsense?

Unless they've been made unavailable in the last few hours then it should still work!

I warn you, most of them suck balls.

Got the new Weezer track pack. Very easy and very fun on guitar. Can't wait to play them on drums, though. :blush:

Also, the note track for My Name Is Jonas is pretty much exactly the same as it is on Guitar Hero III, up until the last "The workers are going home" after the second chorus. Then it changes a fair bit. Not bad.

The singing on this is stupidly easy. I managed to get a flawless on Hard and I was at the dentist this morning.

Anyways, I still don't have a guitar for this. I bought Doolittle by Pixies. I love it.

Anyone know the cheapest place I can get a guitar for this? (PS3 Version)

Edited by Daft

The singing on this is stupidly easy. I managed to get a flawless on Hard and I was at the dentist this morning.

Try Expert... certain songs on that difficulty can take a while to get right plus it's a lot more fun.

As for the guitar, no idea... but I would advise getting the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar and using it with Rock Band as it's better, if it allows you to use them on both games on PS3 version anyway.

How come it's better?

It's £49.99 on HMV. That a good price? I have no idea how much it is normally.

Score! 'No Rain' by Blind Melon is part of next week's DLC. The rest is as below:

Blind Melon – “No Rainâ€

Blur – “There’s No Other Wayâ€

Dropkick Murphys – “I’m Shipping Up to Bostonâ€

Eve 6 – “Inside Outâ€

Foo Fighters – “All My Lifeâ€

Foo Fighters – “I’ll Stick Aroundâ€

Foo Fighters – “Lonely as Youâ€

Kaiser Chiefs – “I Predict a Riotâ€

Not sure about getting anything else. I'd perhaps get the Foo Fighters stuff but meh.

The Gorrilaz stuff is poor for guitar. :( Probably better for drums or for the rappers out there.

Still. Gonna rent RB1 asap. Is 'Learn to Fly' on RB1? (Foo Fighters - Love that song.)

Also, I find the pedal REALLY uncomportable after a couple minutes. I tried moving it around but it still feels weird. Anyone got any tips?

How come it's better?

It's £49.99 on HMV. That a good price? I have no idea how much it is normally.

I'm basing this on my RB Guitar as after using it for not that long the whammy bar became displaced and the buttons aren't as responsive as they were, but the world tour guitar just keeps on going despite lots of use. :)

£49.99 isn't bad, it's about £69.99 with the world tour game so that's not bad for just the guitar.

Also, I find the pedal REALLY uncomportable after a couple minutes. I tried moving it around but it still feels weird. Anyone got any tips?

The one on the Rock Band kit? hmm yeah it is quite uncomfortable unfortunately, I just make sure that it's hooked into the front pole on the bottom of the kit and placed to the right as that seems to be the best position for it, but as for actually using it, I think keeping it pressed in at the start works best and then just raising it slightly and pressing down again for the notes, that way worked best for me I think, though I don't drum a lot.

Still. Gonna rent RB1 asap. Is 'Learn to Fly' on RB1? (Foo Fighters - Love that song.)

It is indeed :) also nice to see that we've got some more Foo's coming up next week.

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost

I'm basing this on my RB Guitar as after using it for not that long the whammy bar became displaced and the buttons aren't as responsive as they were, but the world tour guitar just keeps on going despite lots of use. :)

£49.99 isn't bad, it's about £69.99 with the world tour game so that's not bad for just the guitar.

I've heard the same thing, just thought they maybe would have fixed it.

I got it down to £45 with my student discount. It's the guitar and the game. Seems like an okay price....even though I swore not to buy anything Activision.

..I'm doing it for Rock Band.

The one on the Roack Band kit? hmm yeah it is quite uncomfortable unfortunately, I just make sure that it's hooked into the front pole on the bottom of the kit and placed to the right as that seems to be the best position for it, but as for actually using it, I think keeping it pressed in at the start works best and then just raising it slightly and pressing down again for the notes, that way worked best for me I think, though I don't drum a lot.

I've got it place to the right of the actual drum kit. I get twitchy with my ankle, t'is annoying.

For the Guitar and game, that's a good price... as for the twitchy ankle thing on the pedal, yeah I get that too though I find adjusting the angle of your leg and the distance between the chair and the drum kit can help a bit but it can involve quite a bit of fine-tuning so that you feel relatively comfortable in both the drums and the pedal.

If it really becomes a problem though, then there are proper metal pedals that you can get for the kit but alas they cost about £40 I think but apparently they are worth it... still though when you get into buying stuff like that for the sake of the game it all starts to add up.

The Gorrilaz stuff is poor for guitar. :( Probably better for drums or for the rappers out there.

Yes it's on Rock Band 1 - so rent it now!

I got it down to £45 with my student discount. It's the guitar and the game. Seems like an okay price....even though I swore not to buy anything Activision.

..I'm doing it for Rock Band.

I've got Guitar Hero World Tour too - oh 3 free tracks up for it this week.

And yes, Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar is awesome. Although so is the Guitar Hero 3 controller - both better than rock bands guitar.