1. 1. Which Kart Racer?

• Mario Kart 64
    • Crash Team Racing
    • Other...?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like 14 people that voted haven't played CTR ;)

I bet you well over 1/2 haven't.

yep i know that's what annoys me...for the love of god if you haven't played both games in depth then you can't vote..

ohh noez ctr is teh ripoff.

also only crash team racing is included..

Mario Kart 64 is still a classic unlike Crash Team Racing. It is still fun on your own or with mates, and has passed the test of time!

It could be argued that Mario Kart 64 is the most remembered Mario Kart racing game of all. It introduced 4 player racing and battle modes, long well designed tracks, introduced great new items and had fantastic graphics for what was one of the first 3D racers on the market!

Seeing the train for the first time on the Kalamari dessert course was a classic moment in videogaming for me :awesome:

team racing was fantastic on your own..had a better multiplayer mode..way better time trial..everything was better in ctr..Ctr is better than almost any mario kart..

I want a story mode in mario kart will they ever learn.

yep i know that's what annoys me...for the love of god if you haven't played both games in depth then you can't vote..

ohh noez ctr is teh ripoff.

also only crash team racing is included..

team racing was fantastic on your own..had a better multiplayer mode..way better time trial..everything was better in ctr..Ctr is better than almost any mario kart..

I want a story mode in mario kart will they ever learn.

I've played the version for the N64 now aswell, CTR blows it out of the water along with every other mario kart...

I think most people havent played both.

I actually can't decide what i liked more. CTR was surprisingly good with a much better single mode than MK64 but MK was awesome, especially battle mode or when everyone knew the 'shortcut' come glitch on the wario circuit. Ah man can't decide.

Actually, I've played CTR but never had the chance to play MK64, and I STILL voted Mario Kart because CTR is just that bad. :wink:

If you don't like CTR, chances are you'll HATE MK64

The random speed ups were great!

Bet it wasn't fun if you were near the edge of a track almost falling off, then rocketing of the edge?

Bet it wasn't fun if you were near the edge of a track almost falling off, then rocketing of the edge?

Huh? The only random speed ups I had lasted the whole race.

edit:Unless you're talking about the drafting boost.

Actually, I've played CTR but never had the chance to play MK64, and I STILL voted Mario Kart because CTR is just that bad. :wink:

Then you must hate every Kart racer.....If not, you're VERY insane.

Or just love the Red shell....:shakehead

Not really it just seemed that little bit more polished. CTR seemed a bit gritty. MK64 just seemed friendlier.

WTF!?!

MK64 is basically wobbly cardboard cutouts going round a track...and you think it's more polished and friendly???

I'd not played MK64 much before getting it on the Wii, and haden't played it for ages.

When I 1st "booted it up" I was expecting something as polished as CTR, as my memory of MK64 was that the two were pretty similar.

But how surprised I was; I'd forgotten just how bad MK64 looked and how naff the steering and boosting felt.....Though now I'm used to it.

If you think MK64 is more poloshed than CTR, you're at least bordering on the edge of insanity, and if not, over the line.

Not only is CTR more polished, better looking and better feeling, with much better pwoerslide control and a far superior boost system; the tracks are far less bland, better & more shortcuts and the game was just as much about skill as it was your weapons.

and yet again you prove to me that you have no taste in games. No offence

WTF!?!

MK64 is basically wobbly cardboard cutouts going round a track...and you think it's more polished and friendly???

I'd not played MK64 much before getting it on the Wii, and haden't played it for ages.

When I 1st "booted it up" I was expecting something as polished as CTR, as my memory of MK64 was that the two were pretty similar.

But how surprised I was; I'd forgotten just how bad MK64 looked and how naff the steering and boosting felt.....Though now I'm used to it.

If you think MK64 is more poloshed than CTR, you're at least bordering on the edge of insanity, and if not, over the line.

Not only is CTR more polished, better looking and better feeling, with much better pwoerslide control and a far superior boost system; the tracks are far less bland, better & more shortcuts and the game was just as much about skill as it was your weapons.

lol it's all true..Plus more.

way better single player that lasted you hours with cut-scenes and a story...unlockable characters

better and more difficult time trials

complete customisable battle modes(you could turn off weapons and choose your lifes and what live system you wanted something mario kart STILL hasnt learned) with about 10 arenas.

In the end ctr is unquestionably far far better than mario 64..And this thead screams fanboyism.

To all you CTR bummers:

People have there own opinions. What you think might not be the right way of thinking. Just because somebody doesn't agree with you it doesn't mean they're stupid or have no taste.

"You prefer CTR??? God you must be thick. CTR is a blatant rip off of MK64 and it's just some crappy characters going round a crappy track."

See we can both play at that game. And yes one of you people will probably reply with "Yeah but CTr is better though." or something equally retarded.

I prefer CTR because it had way more characters, way more places that like said before were less bland and also said above was more shortcuts. I also loved that maze on battle mode :D

Of course I might have just liked CTR better because I was a lot younger and wasn't really into game but meh! I still choose CTR :P

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!