50 members have voted

1. 1. Which Kart Racer?

• Mario Kart 64
    • Crash Team Racing
    • Other...?

So which one do you prefer?

I love CTR and so should you!

Edit by Jordan: Sorted the poll.

Diddy Kong Racing is good, but it just lacks a little something compared to the pure mayhem of Mario Kart. Maybe its the speed or maybe its the items... and maybe its the power sliding... it still has a top single player mode.

Mario Kart for me, then Diddy Kong Racing then Crash, the fiend.

I love Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing but have never played CTR, I can only assume its a blatent rip-off of Mario Kart thats not as good, but as I say ive never played it.

MK64 rules though, especially on mutiplayer!

I love Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing but have never played CTR, I can only assume its a blatent rip-off of Mario Kart thats not as good, but as I say ive never played it.

MK64 rules though, especially on mutiplayer!

Its a blatant rip off, but its better in my oppinion.

Better story, better single player, and id go as far as saying better multiplayer.

But im biased as i played it when i was growing up, just like most people on a nintendo forum will most likely like the mario kart 64.

It also seems faster pased, and more fun to play to me.

Probobly because ihardlyever lost.

CTR was beyond awesome, no question. So was mario kart 64, but CTR wins.:)

CTR was beyond awesome, no question. So was mario kart 64, but CTR wins.:)
Someone with taste ;)

Mario Kart 64 is still a classic unlike Crash Team Racing. It is still fun on your own or with mates, and has passed the test of time!

It could be argued that Mario Kart 64 is the most remembered Mario Kart racing game of all. It introduced 4 player racing and battle modes, long well designed tracks, introduced great new items and had fantastic graphics for what was one of the first 3D racers on the market!

Seeing the train for the first time on the Kalamari dessert course was a classic moment in videogaming for me :awesome:

CTR was crazy fun, got a lot more play out of it than Mario Kart. Had some awesome circuits, Sewer Speedway and Papu's Pyramid spring to mind.

I still reckon CTR is miles better than Mario Kart. Mario Kart 64 was slow, ugly and choppy by comparison.

CTR had an AWESOME battle mode too.

Mario Kart 64 is still a classic unlike Crash Team Racing. It is still fun on your own or with mates, and has passed the test of time!
:indeed: I only stopped playing CTR a bit before Xmas, and only don't play it now because one of my mates moved and we used to always play it 4P. It was always fun with mates, and only wasn't on my own because I played it to death in the 1st place.

Mario 64's only classic because it was the 1st 3D Kart Racer. The main difference between CTR & MK64 is that "anyone" can pick up and play MK64 and win a race (appart from a few tracks).

CTR has a much better skid/hop system that seperated the new players to the experienced a bit more, and overall had a lot more depth. It also had a lot better/fairer weapons (Tripple Green Shells were unaimable and almost pointless on MK). And there was more strategy due to the shortcuts and items.

Today however i'll play Mario Kart 64, BUT the only reason is that I didn't play it much in the past, and i'd be too much better than my other mates that didn't play CTR. Also, CTR I play very robitically due to playing it to death in the past.

My Game Addictions:

CTR

SSBM

TS2

COD3

CTR was crazy fun, got a lot more play out of it than Mario Kart. Had some awesome circuits, Sewer Speedway and Papu's Pyramid spring to mind.

Sewer Speedway

Polar Pass

Cortex Castle

The Final 1P only track

Even the more simple Roo's Tubes and ?Crash Beach? were decent tracks

It's unfortunate Coco Park and the 2 generic Kart Tracks were rubbish though...

Diddy Kong Racing.

Had it been any other Mario Kart then that would have won it, N64 version is the worst IMO. Crash Team Racing was good and I even rebought and downloaded it on the PS3 but it doesnt come close to Mazza and Diddy Kong for me.

Diddy Kong Racing.

Had it been any other Mario Kart then that would have won it, N64 version is the worst IMO. Crash Team Racing was good and I even rebought and downloaded it on the PS3 but it doesnt come close to Mazza and Diddy Kong for me.

What?!? MK64 is by far the best.

I would have to say Mario Kart.

Just because I never played Crash Team Racing. :/

I used to always play CTR on PS1, I LOOOOVED the battle mode! FANTASTIC, great characters, stages, multiplayer and gameplay!

I remember my brother was afraid of the spiders in cortex's castle! xD The spiders look so simplistic now! :P

I now have a sudden urge to play it now! :D

Oh my God! I wasn't the only one that loved CTR!!!! I kind of know Mario will win, which sort of contributed to my decision, but I also think I genuinely prefered playing with rockets and bombs!

Never forget the priceless memory of the last boss (I can't believe I forget his name, I'm such a noob! He was a dragon of some sort...) cheating by jumping the gun at the start.

Why oh why did I give that game to my younger cousin??? He won't appreciate it! I DESERVE IT!!!!!!

ctr is miles better in every way honestly. most you you havent played it.

I've played it. I'va also got the PS2 version (crash nitro kart?) which is pretty poor.

Well Nitro Kart wasn't made by Naughty Dog, and so it was shit.

D_prOdigy your on the forums! :D

Also what is your picture, its been bugging me for a while! :S

Bah! Any gamer that appreciates the criminally under-rated gem that is Tales of Symphonia will know that it is Kratos, the greatest RPG character of them all! Makes me ever more untolerable towards God of War too...

Bah! Any gamer that appreciates the criminally under-rated gem that is Tales of Symphonia will know that it is Kratos, the greatest RPG character of them all! Makes me ever more untolerable towards God of War too...

Oh ok! :D As long as I know, thanks