N-Europe

LittleBigPlanet Thread

Daft

I'm not sure about how appealing this game is to me. Do you control 1 character at a time or in the trailers is that a whole team you move? Making your own stuff looks fidly so If I bought it I'd probably only do 1 player. Another thing is - the physics look good but how difficult is the game actually gonna be?

Why are you guys hyped for this? - enlighten me!

If you mean the video in the first post, that's 4 player multiplayer!

Building your own levels, customising EVERYTHING, importing your own images etc... will be cool.

Everyone can share their created levels online for others to play through.

Looks a lot of fun!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

More to be revealed

Media Molecule's Alex Evans has mastered the art of the tease. Case in point: the co-founder of the UK based studio tells Eurogamer that he has designs on "another LittleBigPlanet reveal that people don't see coming."

Evans is mum on the specifics of the next big reveal, but hints that"people will be saying, 'I thought it was this - now you're telling me it's this as well?!'" indicating that there's something we still might not know about the depth of LittleBigPlanet.

We've heard plenty of talk about a good number of Sony's other first party studios designing the game's pre-playable levels, but somehow doubt that this the gaming public will consider this an announcement on par with LBP's reveal. Any guesses?

I reckon they are going to add the ability to make levels in full 3D along with the 2D platforming.

It would be awesome as well. The first thing I'd do is recreate Mario "Sack Boy" 64 in cute Sackboy'o'Vision. Then I'd make an uber cute Gears of War in Sackboy'o'Vision.

And if they aren't going to add that, they should.

I reckon they are going to add the ability to make levels in full 3D along with the 2D platforming.

It would be awesome as well. The first thing I'd do is recreate Mario "Sack Boy" 64 in cute Sackboy'o'Vision. Then I'd make an uber cute Gears of War in Sackboy'o'Vision.

And if they aren't going to add that, they should.

whilst I reckon thats very unlikely...how about the ability to create 3D on rails kinda levels...

From the PlayStation Blog.

Hey all,

We’ve been working with our North American retailers to promote the release of LittleBigPlanet in October 2008. And now that the “planning dust” has settled, we wanted to share early details of our pre-order campaign for you to decide which item you’d like. Stay tuned for much more detail on which retailer will have what pre-order item and when to go to your favorite retailer to reserve your copy.

Here’s the master list:

2736928536_5037a5cbdb_m.jpg

The Official “LittleBigPlanet Creator” MiniGuide by Brady Games - This exclusive digital guide is a primer for LittleBIGPlanet’s CREATE tools and provides users with a quick tutorial to begin developing their own levels.”

LittleBigStickerBook - For those of you who love to customize - this item is for you! This exclusive sticker book contains some of our favorite LBP imagery for you to apply your own ‘mash-up’ to your favorite possessions. Or take something else you own and make it your favorite!

2736482512_08906aab9e_o.jpg

LittleBigPouch - Keep your LBP game safe and protected from the elements with this exclusive burlap pouch. Its so unique and stylish, it would make a SackMother proud.

2735835441_6d138a0178.jpg

Exclusive Nariko SackGirl - SackBoy’s beware! Nariko SackGirl has been known to keep other SackBoys (and SackGirls) in check. This exclusive downloadable costume features our favorite heroine on the PS3.

2735648321_37c366006a.jpg

Exclusive Kratos SackBoy - Nuff’ said. Yes…the forum rumors were true - but the biggest question remains “why didn’t this guy smile?” Seriously, this is another exclusive downloadable costume that will elevate your SackBoy status to godlike proportions.

2736484334_103ec3b4bf.jpg

Keep an eye out for more LittleBigNews in a few days…

I hope they do stuff like link game saves to LBP. Like if you bought Force Unleashed you get a Vader Sackboy, a Hellgast one for Killzone 2 or a Lara Croft one for Tomb Raider.

I hope they do game themed levels. I can imagine a Tomb Raider one with all the physics and stuff would be awesome.

I really can't wait for this game. Just in time for my birthday as well.

I'm going to see if I can make Daft Punk Sackboys.

...and if I can import music, please please please let me, I'm going to do a Daft Punk level. Assuming I can be bothered. But I'll definitely make the DP Sackboys.

And a Danger Sackboy...although that isn't going to be hard. :heh: