N-Europe

Tales Of Vesperia

Fruitgun

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working my way around the castle again finding those angel wings to do bullshit. I found 2 [1st and 3rd], but can't find the others :'(

If the first and the third are the ones that can be found a bit further into the castle then the ones that are missing are located in the part where you were when you escaped from the castle at the beginning of the game. I don't know the exact locations but the angel wings are near the dining room (two or three screens away) and near Estelle's room. I could be mistaken, so please do not hurt me when I am wrong. :p

There are two to either side in the audience room, the room before the big door. Take the east one first(two wings). The west one is the third room(six wings). Then there is one in the screen before the prison(take two right from the entrance then up(eight wings)) and the last one is two screens left from the entrance then up(four wings). Do them in order from two wings to eight

Do them in order from two wings to eight

Do them in order of the numbered doors to open 1 - 4

Have managed to convert the 4 Entelecaea to Spirits and helped out Flynn (Shame I couldn't control him during the huge battle but oh well) and am now preparing to inform the Guilds and Empire about how to defeat the Adaphagos.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Have managed to convert the 4 Entelecaea to Spirits and helped out Flynn (Shame I couldn't control him during the huge battle but oh well) and am now preparing to inform the Guilds and Empire about how to defeat the Adaphagos.

Apparently I rushed through the story...I only played 52 hours and I'm probably going to finish the game soon.

I'll explore Tarqaron and later I will do grade farming. Maybe I'll try to level up until I'm at level 100 just for the fun of it.

I read that there is a secret dungeon. It will be available when you finish the game and overwrite the same data (so no new data in order to start an EX New Game). Is this true? And how does it work exactly?

Apparently I rushed through the story...I only played 52 hours and I'm probably going to finish the game soon.

I'll explore Tarqaron and later I will do grade farming. Maybe I'll try to level up until I'm at level 100 just for the fun of it.

I read that there is a secret dungeon. It will be available when you finish the game and overwrite the same data (so no new data in order to start an EX New Game). Is this true? And how does it work exactly?

You don't have to overwrite. Just save anywhere and Ex New Game appears permantly on the main menu. The ex dungeon is timed.

You need to revisit Illusion Yormgen before going to Zaude. Talk to the sage in the upper most house. Talk to him again and sleep over. Return after defeating the final boss(you can continue playing even if you save) then go the right side of Dahngrest.

So I'm after a new game for the rest of the summer. This any good for someone who's never played a Tales game?

I have only played Tales Of Symphonia before and ToV is quite similar. I got into ToS very easily so I'd say ToV is good for you ;)

You need to upgrade it. It's story related.

The last two ugrades aren't.

@murray: Which level is your ring?

I'm gonna have a good long play session on this later, I've been shamefully neglecting eet. :'(

Same here. But I am grade farming right now which is a bit boring. I wanna finish it today, although it will take a while.

I know that, but for destroying stones you get it during the story.

That's what I first thought, but you still couldn't destroy the stones at the aer krenes which are scattered throughout the world. This confused and annoyed me.

The last two ugrades aren't.

@murray: Which level is your ring?

Level 3, which says it can crush stones. Is that what those random stone things are, Aer Krenes? I did wonder.

It can't even remove plants, I went back to the forest at one point [when you had to] and it still won't get rid of the shit blocking your way. I've just got the fourth Spirit, and there's loads of shit to remove back on the way up.

That's what I first thought, but you still couldn't destroy the stones at the aer krenes which are scattered throughout the world. This confused and annoyed me.

The rocks you can destroy at level 3 is in Mt. Temza.

To destroy plants and the stones in Relewiese you need to upgrade it to level four. It's a small sidequest.

Sometime late in the story(you should be able to do it now Eevilmurray) go to the Myorzo and talk to the elder to recieve the Abyssion sword. Go to the Aer Krene south of Nordopolica and go inside to upgrade the ring to level four. When you have more of the fell arms go to the north west Aer Krene to upgrade it to level five. You don't need to upgrade it to level five, it just shoots faster and further.

Edited by Tales

I found this very misleading. Telling me that the ring is able to destroy rocks but I couldn't destroy the rocks at the aer krenes...

What is the best way to level up by the way?

I found those Gentlegolems on an island and they give a fair amount of EXP. Is there any better way (except beating the game and starting an Ex New Game with x10 EXP)?

It has no relevance on the story, but have any of you run into the enemies that look like Doshin the Giant?

Also, is Ba'ul meant to have his controls fucked later in the game? I had a cutscene asking if he was tired, now I have to hold the control stick at a funny angle for it to move forward. Walking is fine.

It has no relevance on the story, but have any of you run into the enemies that look like Doshin the Giant?

I suppose you mean those Gentleman monsters (Gentleman, Gentlereplica, Gentlesinger etc.). I don't know whether there is something special about them or not. Some of them drop items that I haven't found before so I will probably fight them a lot soon.

I read that the Giganto monsters respawn. How long does this take?

Edited by drahkon

Some of the Gentlemonsters are easter eggs from Tales of Abyss. Gentlereplica is Luke and Gentlesinger is Tear.

To spawn Giganto monsters go forth and back between two areas.

Also, is Ba'ul meant to have his controls fucked later in the game? I had a cutscene asking if he was tired, now I have to hold the control stick at a funny angle for it to move forward. Walking is fine.

Press down on the d-pad to zoom out.

Edited by Tales

Quick question about the end [?] or nearing that:

I've just faced Duke first form and pimpsmacked him easily. I turned it off as I was about to face his second form, which resembles Yddrassil from Symphonia [Not that I was surprised mind] but what I'm asking about is the lifts in the tower. They're all locked, I think I've looked everywhere and tried each "console" I've come across, the only reaction was a battle on the enemy pods.

Are they activated after the Duke battle, or have I missed something...

I'm still toying with the idea of fighting my way back down

Quick question about the end [?] or nearing that:

I've just faced Duke first form and pimpsmacked him easily. I turned it off as I was about to face his second form, which resembles Yddrassil from Symphonia [Not that I was surprised mind] but what I'm asking about is the lifts in the tower. They're all locked, I think I've looked everywhere and tried each "console" I've come across, the only reaction was a battle on the enemy pods.

Are they activated after the Duke battle, or have I missed something...

I'm still toying with the idea of fighting my way back down

You can activate them by pressing A at the left lift just before the battle against Duke (in the area after the huge stony staircase).