NEurope
Fruitgun

Tales Of Vesperia

Had a few trade-ins but I was too lazy to go into Town (where there are 2 Game stores and a Gamestation) so had to rely on my local Blockbuster. They didn't have this but I did manage to pick up Overlord 2 and OL : Dark Legend instead, thought it was a bit strange that they would have these games but not Tales.

Will probably pick this up online instead when I have paid my credit card next week.

I'm so torn right now. Been waiting forever for this to come out. But ever since the Ps3 is also getting this and a few new extra's including a new character I adore the design for. If I were to get the 360 version would it be enjoyable enough for me to play the Ps3 version after?

If it is, then you havn't made a mistake. If you don't enjoy it enough, then the extras won't enhance the game and the wait will have been in vain. I say just go for it with that logic :D

The PS3 version is getting a massive content update in this case making it a 1.5 or directors cut. So it depends on whether you can wait or not.

You might be able to get the English text version later this year but a UK release is a long way off, FFXIII time earliest imo.

I'm sorely temptedings to get this. Highly recommendings?

I'm so torn right now. Been waiting forever for this to come out. But ever since the Ps3 is also getting this and a few new extra's including a new character I adore the design for. If I were to get the 360 version would it be enjoyable enough for me to play the Ps3 version after?

Would the game be any more enjoyable if you were wearing one of your favourite t-shirts?

I don't see your logic with that. A new character adds more to a game, an altered plot to some degree, another character to play as with new weapons and abilities to master. That is what makes it more difficult for me.

I don't see your logic with that. A new character adds more to a game, an altered plot to some degree, another character to play as with new weapons and abilities to master. That is what makes it more difficult for me.

I know, I realised straight after posting but couldn't be bothered to delete it. But you've made me curious now. What does this new character offer?

Well we don't quite know what she offers yet. I love having a loli character in my RPG's, such as Presea from Symphonia. If the plot diverts from the regular storyline to include her then that might be worth replay value.

As posted in t,his thread there going to be huge additions to the Ps3 game. flyn will also be playable, storyline will inlcude elements from the new prequel movie to tons of new areas and dungeons. New anime cutscenes. Ingame cutscenes redone. Double voiceacting etc. etc. Lots of stuff.

Its not a mere enchanced port anymore hence people reffering to it as abit like an expansion/directors. The real question is can you wait till next year?(i think)

Edited by Choze

Well we don't quite know what she offers yet. I love having a loli character in my RPG's, such as Presea from Symphonia. If the plot diverts from the regular storyline to include her then that might be worth replay value.

loli character?

If a game had a version which had a character like Presea added in, I'd pass. She's one of the worse characters in Symphonia, the history is interesting, but her presence afterwards is just boring.

Seriously it's not worth the wait :P plus you know that the content will just be made available for the 360 version as a download anyway, and if that's not possible, then none of the extra content is integral to the main 'proper' unaltered story, don't forget, this was announced for the 360 first, the only reason it's appearing in expanded form is most likely because Sony threw money at Namco-Bandai. :indeed:

Has this even been confirmed for a PS3 release out of Japan yet? I really doubt it'll happen if it's not confirmed.

Has this even been confirmed for a PS3 release out of Japan yet? I really doubt it'll happen if it's not confirmed.

What I really want to know is whether the PS3 version will be getting a massive content update and huge additions. What I'm trying to bang at is whether it's a mere port or a sort of director's cut.

Can anyone tell me?

It will be, Sony wouldn't have thrown so much money at Namco-Bandai to put extra content into the PS3 version only to release it in just one region surely?

Having said that though, Tales of Symphonia was ported to the PS2 in Japan only. :heh:

What I really want to know is whether the PS3 version will be getting a massive content update and huge additions. What I'm trying to bang at is whether it's a mere port or a sort of director's cut.

Can anyone tell me?

It's neither really, I'd say an updated port, the content added doesn't really make it a director's cut, the addition of the extra character doesn't seem to make a lot of sense either.

I keep getting annihilated by that damn golem boss. Any tips?

What level are your characters? I'm up to level 14-15 and had little problem, with the help of a few healing items (make sure you're well stocked with these!). You might also just to need to level up a little.

Edited by Illusionary

Eternal Sonata was released on PS3 over here after originally being for 360 only, and the Tales series games are far more popular RPGs. So it's pretty much a certainty.

Can anyone tell me?

(not by me)

* Branching Storylines

* Full voice acting in story- Double the voicework of the 360 (fully voiced ?)

* Flynn as a playable character (unlike 360)

* Ties-In with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike[15] (upcoming anime movie)

* New playable character, a pirate girl called Patty Fleur

* New Cutscenes and old cutscenes improved.

* New Subplots

* New Costumes

* New Story elements

* New Bosses (Including the Sword Dancer)

* New Dungeons

* New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes (Including Yuri and Flynn Duo Mystic Arts may other characters have a Duo Mystic Arts? I like the name Duo Mystic Arts!)

* New Skits

* New Animated Scenes

* New Sidequests

* New Songs

* New Artes

* New Monsters

* Repede now as a selectable on screen avatar

* Repede also gains costumes unlike 360.

Thats the old bullet list. More has been revealed since then.

http://www.talesunion.com/news/more-extras-for-tales-of-vesperia-ps3--454.html

Thanks to Dengeki and 4Gamer.net, we now know of more extras that will be available in the PlayStation 3 port of Tales of Vesperia, which includes new areas, Over Limits abilities, and a link-up with Tales of VS. for the PlayStation Portable.

The first new addition that can be seen in 4Gamer.net's article is the addition of a fifth Over Limits level. It is currently unknown what new abilities this will give, since Over Limits Level 4 allowed for no TP usage and stopped enemy attacks from hurting the character, thus this new level would have to have something that much more powerful to be useful.

Dengeki's article shows off some of the new areas in the game, such as a ruined city, a volcano, an underground waterway, and even Estelle's room (which was "off-limits" to the player in the Xbox 360 version). As we reported earlier, the animated cutscenes have been edited to include the new character, Patty Fleur. New music also seems to be added, likely for the new areas available in the game.

The articles also reveal that the Tales of the Abyss-themed costumes are pre-order exclusive. Like with the initial copies of Tales of VS., initial copies of Tales of Vesperia for the PlayStation 3 will have a code that can be used in the PlayStation Store to unlock a special battle in Tales of VS. While the details are currently unknown, it's likely that it might have something to do with Tales of Vesperia in some form.

They are doing alot. gameplay wise especially.

Qj have pics: http://pspupdates.qj.net/Famitsu-details-bonus-content-for-Tales-of-Vesperia-PS3-Tales-of-VS/pg/49/aid/132389

Edited by Choze

Seriously it's not worth the wait :P plus you know that the content will just be made available for the 360 version as a download anyway

After Eternal Sonata do you really believe they'd offer downloads for these upgrades to the 360 version?

Anyway, I've ordered it from gameplay.

It's neither really, I'd say an updated port, the content added doesn't really make it a director's cut, the addition of the extra character doesn't seem to make a lot of sense either.

Read up. Its a whole years worth of extra development. Its not considered a straightforward port.

After Eternal Sonata do you really believe they'd offer downloads for these upgrades to the 360 version?

*shrugs* they should regardless because it is possible, things like the costumes will be added 'fo sho at some point but they could offer it all moreorless in one downloable patch.

Right I want to go and boy this soon as i LOVED Symphonia, but most places seem to be selling it at £40...Anyone know the cheapest place for me to get it?

* Branching Storylines

* Full voice acting in story- Double the voicework of the 360

* Flynn as a playable character

* Ties-In with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike

* New playable character, a pirate girl called Patty Fleur

* New Cutscenes and old cutscenes improved.

* New Subplots

* New Costumes

* New Story elements

* New Bosses

* New Dungeons

* New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes

* New Skits

* New Animated Scenes

* New Sidequests

* New Songs

* New Artes

* New Monsters

* Repede now as a selectable on screen avatar

* Repede also gains costumes unlike 360.

Bolded the stuff from that list that I'd probably be interested in, I still don't see why they couldn't add all of that as a downloadable patch... Burnout get's huge content updates every now and then so surely the same can be done for this? then again, Sony will probably flash more cash to keep even the extra content exclusive. :heh:

Oh well, if I really want the extra content that badly then I'll get the PS3 version, but not before I enjoy playing Tales of Vesperia months before the PS3 version even gets released :p enjoy the wait if you're only buying it on PS3 but tbh if you have both consoles you might as well enjoy it on the 360 now and the PS3 later.

Right I want to go and boy this soon as i LOVED Symphonia, but most places seem to be selling it at £40...Anyone know the cheapest place for me to get it?

Sorry Goron, all the places I know of stock eet for £39.99 but tbf it IS worth it. ^^

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/6080057/Tales-Of-Vesperia/Product.html

What level are your characters? I'm up to level 14-15 and had little problem, with the help of a few healing items (make sure you're well stocked with these!). You might also just to need to level up a little.

Well I was level 11 with no healing items whatsover. Finally figured out that free-running behind the golem and attacking its 'achilles heel' was a a really effective away of downing the giant.

Now I'm stuck on that Wolf Boss you fight in the demo...hmmm.

I ordered mine at £32.99 from gameplay. Thing is you have to fork over an extra 99p if you want it sent first class.