NEurope
Fruitgun

Tales Of Vesperia

Just about to do the Mission defeating the mermen on the way to the desert to find the talking Bird Monster.

About 17 and 1/2 hours in with characters around 31-32.

I'm also shocked to get an 100G achievement about a 3rd into the story, Mind you it was what Yuri was aiming to do for so long.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

10 hours in. I don't think I have done any sidequest at all. Except looking for the magic chef I really don't think that there has been at least on more sidequest I could have done. ::shrug:

Anyway, I love this game. The characters are credible, the gameplay is amazing, the story is really good (I guess the story gets more intense soon) and I can see myself playing this over and over again.

Where in the story are you?

I repaired the blastia in Dahngrest and headed to the forest (don't know the name).

I repaired the blastia in Dahngrest and headed to the forest (don't know the name).

Except for the title you probably got in Capua Nor there aren't any obvious sidequest, but a bunch of sub events that you need to do to get more sub events later in the game which will in turn give titles, costumes and items. Some of them are timed.

If you want to know:

Return to Heliord and find Estelle's teacher then to Capua Torim and sleep at the inn.

There is also a sub event in Heliord and Caer Bocram but they won't give you anything, just minor backgroud stuff. And then there is a sub event in Halure which will give a title and item later in the game. I did that late in the game so need to go all the way back now.

Edited by Tales

I'd neglected this over the past couple of days, so today I played it for about seven hours and I'm properly back into it now, really loving trying to increase my best combo :) that was always one of the best things about ToS for me and it's just as fun here.

Karol is a complete dong. After training in the forest to gain about 3-4 levels I finally managed to defeat that wolf boss. Then he has the nerve to say it barely put up much of a fight! Wanker. I think he's bitter because I replaced him with Repede for this fight.

Can you believe that when he leaves the party when you go to Leviathon's claw's hideout he won't level up at all, he's at 42 now while the other characters are 45-46. After all the effort to try and keep experience and levels even and now he is 4 levels behind everyone else. I can understand why he wouldn't but it's still a bitch

I wouldn't worry too much, I haven't even got that far but it's pretty obvious that would happen at some point in the game, but yeah, definitely sounds annoying, I like to keep all the lvls equal too.

Sorry, but it is in a spoiler tag for a reason you know.

Also I'm over 30 hours in the story now. Think I am near halfway point since I have 1 of the 3 big point achievements and it's been a while since I got it.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Sorry, but it is in a spoiler tag for a reason you know.

Yes, but a warning as to how far the material went would've been nice.

122 hours and almost done with my second playthrough and with 945 achievement points. I guess I have to spend 25-30 hours to get the rest. Ranked number 3 in the world when it comes to achievements :P http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php?g=824

I have used a guide but only for my second playthrough and on. Maybe a peeked a little the first time but it was nothing big.

122 hours and almost done with my second playthrough and with 945 achievement points. I guess I have to spend 25-30 hours to get the rest. Ranked number 3 in the world when it comes to achievements :P http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php?g=824

Congrats. That's amazing =) Did you do a lot of the sidequests in your first playthrough?

I'm still on my first playthrough. 17 and a half hour.

I'm at Nordopolica. Need to go through a cave (forgot the name). In this cave I began to fight against a huge monster (called something with "drill"). Needed to escape. Now I'm trying to level up a bit in order to beat this son of a gun. Should take a while though. Maybe it isn't worth it, but I like the challenge.

It's not a compulsory enemy to fight

You go back through the cave later so you can fight it then

It's not a compulsory enemy to fight

You go back through the cave later so you can fight it then

That's what I figured, but I need the satisfaction to beat the crap out of it now. :p And a positive side effect of training for the battle is that my characters can learn some skills that I want them to know.

Best way to learn skills is to fight chain battles with the monsters outside Danghrest

Thanks for the tip, but I can't go there right now. Can't use my ship :sad:

Congrats. That's amazing =) Did you do a lot of the sidequests in your first playthrough?

I'm still on my first playthrough. 17 and a half hour.

I'm at Nordopolica. Need to go through a cave (forgot the name). In this cave I began to fight against a huge monster (called something with "drill"). Needed to escape. Now I'm trying to level up a bit in order to beat this son of a gun. Should take a while though. Maybe it isn't worth it, but I like the challenge.

Did most of the bigger sidequest at the end that aren't missables.

Do anyone else thinks a bit difficult to see what skills are activated and what's not? I always deactive everything with the right analog stick and activate everything again along with whatever new skills I want so I want make any mistakes.

Edited by Tales

Do any you have problems seeing what skills are activated and what's not? The green and white colour confused me

This doesn't bother me. I don't get confused by the colours. What annoys me is that when you learn a skill and you change the weapon this learnt skill is still activated. Had the problem now with Minimum Damage -.-'' One fight doing nothing but minimum damage. Very annoying.

Can I just say one thing that annoyed me

He is just a bitch when he gets a chance to use his mystic arte, he owned me the first time and he used it 3 times that fight, when I retried it I didn't give him a chance to use it and won relatively comfortably

Well, I defeated the Hermit Drill. Was totally not worth it item-wise. Those two treasure chests were rubish. :D

Just crossed the desert. I hate deserts. In any kind of game. The bossfight was a pain, too. The monster changing fire and water absorption was annoying as hell. Especially when Rita was about to cast a spell which would attack Outbreaker's weakness. Of course by then it had to change its resistance and bam...it gets healed.

Just finished the speedrun. I thought I screwed up a lot along the way but I'm surprisingly the European(?) number 1 at the moment ^^

Just finished the speedrun. I thought I screwed up a lot along the way but I'm surprisingly the European(?) number 1 at the moment ^^

Again: Congrats to this. (:

Since when do you have the game?

Man, Belius kicked my ass just now. After she'd split up I haven't even been able to light up the lights again (which I assume will make the double disappear). Well, guess I gotta level up a bit again or be a bit more careful when fighting.

Question: What's the chance of a successful steal with Steal Plus and Thief's Tattoo equipped?