NEurope
Fruitgun

Tales Of Vesperia

There is also big pressure now to release RPG on the PS3 as quite afew have been quite successful despite not being big names. Hence pressure to rework Tales i guess.

Valkyria Chronicles has also done decently in the West. I doubt 360 or Wii owners would even bother at all.

Tales sales havent been great either on 360 or Wii. PSP seems to be really good for some reason but besides that releasing on PS3 makes perfect sense given users appetite.

Edited by Choze

There is also big pressure now to release RPG on the PS3 as quite afew have been quite successful despite not being big names. Hence pressure to rework Tales i guess.

Valkyria Chronicles has also done decently in the West. I doubt 360 or Wii owners would even bother at all.

Tales sales havent been great either on 360 or Wii. PSP seems to be really good for some reason but besides that releasing on PS3 makes perfect sense given users appetite.

Funny how you claim that when there has been fuck all on the Wii, anything at least decent to be considered an RPG (Symphonia 2 was a half assed game made anyway)

Funny how you claim that when there has been fuck all on the Wii, anything at least decent to be considered an RPG (Symphonia 2 was a half assed game made anyway)

Wii has bigger RPG names than PS3 though. ;)

Different websites are saying different things. Does this thing have an actual release date here yet??

Different websites are saying different things. Does this thing have an actual release date here yet??

The 360 version is due out in June over here.

The 360 version is due out in June over here.

I'm only worried because it doesn't seem to have been given an exact date for release.

June release date would be perfect for me....exams would have all finished! woo!

Wii has bigger RPG names than PS3 though. ;)

THe only BIG BIG BIG RPG I know of that is coming onto the Wii is none other then Dragon Quest X. Most of the other RPG's I am looking forward to are really new RPG's (Arc Rise Fantasia being the main one)

I am not having a go at the PS3, none at all, as a matter of fact I am happy that Jap devs are using thier heads rather then thier eyes when M$ waves money in front of them.

Just the fact that so many japs bought the PS3 this month just for the FFXIII demo proves that japs don't give a fuck about the 360 even if it has JRPG's on it.

I still want to see some JRPG lovin for the Wii though :D

THe only BIG BIG BIG RPG I know of that is coming onto the Wii is none other then Dragon Quest X. Most of the other RPG's I am looking forward to are really new RPG's (Arc Rise Fantasia being the main one)

I am not having a go at the PS3, none at all, as a matter of fact I am happy that Jap devs are using thier heads rather then thier eyes when M$ waves money in front of them.

Just the fact that so many japs bought the PS3 this month just for the FFXIII demo proves that japs don't give a fuck about the 360 even if it has JRPG's on it.

I still want to see some JRPG lovin for the Wii though :D

Wii has gotten more than PS3 so far and despite bigger names on Wii, the PS3 rpg so far have performed very well sales wise. I expect Monster hunter Wii to do really well though but its much bigger name wise in Japan than any other franchise right now.

My level of excitement for RPGs on Wii are zero as a PS3 owner. I prefer a richer experience and sooner dates. I do expect Sony in the long run to make some own JRPG franchises. Thier Western 1st party are on a huge roll( Polyphony being the japanese exception that have done well).

Edited by Choze

Wii has gotten more than PS3 so far and despite bigger names on Wii

Gah, sorry to sound ridiculously stupid...but what RPG's are you on about >_<

I expect Monster hunter Wii to do really well though but its much bigger name wise in Japan than any other franchise right now.

It will indeed, but I don't see that as an RPG.

My level of excitement for RPGs on Wii are zero as a PS3 owner. I prefer a richer experience.

This is where I go hmmm....last gen taught me something, graphics are good, but they don't make an RPG in the end. I learnt this after I stoped playing Final Fantasy X, it was a beautiful game, yet...that was it.

Then I went to play a game called Dragon Quest VII...a game came out in 2001 and was on the PS1, after all the great PS1 games and all the games that were beautifuly made games...Dragon Quest VII after all these years came out and looked just like a SNES game, it had about 6 FMVs all up (Which they took like 10 secs) and it's perhaps one of the best if not greatest RPG's I have ever played.

So in the end I look forward to both systems games :D but the Wii wins for me because of knowing that Dragon Quest X is coming out on it and a new RPG from monolith is being made xD

Gah, sorry to sound ridiculously stupid...but what RPG's are you on about >_<

It will indeed, but I don't see that as an RPG.

This is where I go hmmm....last gen taught me something, graphics are good, but they don't make an RPG in the end. I learnt this after I stoped playing Final Fantasy X, it was a beautiful game, yet...that was it.

Then I went to play a game called Dragon Quest VII...a game came out in 2001 and was on the PS1, after all the great PS1 games and all the games that were beautifuly made games...Dragon Quest VII after all these years came out and looked just like a SNES game, it had about 6 FMVs all up (Which they took like 10 secs) and it's perhaps one of the best if not greatest RPG's I have ever played.

So in the end I look forward to both systems games :D but the Wii wins for me because of knowing that Dragon Quest X is coming out on it and a new RPG from monolith is being made xD

Monster Hunter is most definately a RPG.

FF last gen was ribbish thats why. Monolith suck too.

You should play Tales of Symphonia(GC).

Monster Hunter is most definately a RPG.

Meh, to me it isn't, but ah well, each to thier own.

Monolith suck too.

.........:sad:.......:weep:.......:angry:

How can you say that!?!?!?! >_<

Only game they have made thats average is Xenosaga 2 and Baten Kaitos, every other one of their games have been fucking epic masterpieces (Including the ones they did when they were with Square)

You should play Tales of Symphonia(GC).

I have, good game, but not as epic as some people believe it to be.

Meh, to me it isn't, but ah well, each to thier own.

.........:sad:.......:weep:.......:angry:

How can you say that!?!?!?! >_<

Only game they have made thats average is Xenosaga 2 and Baten Kaitos, every other one of their games have been fucking epic masterpieces (Including the ones they did when they were with Square)

I have, good game, but not as epic as some people believe it to be.

Problem is Wii is mostly about Waggle. Everything else is secondary. Its hard to get excited about Wii RPG compared to PS3.

edit: Will be there for Tales of Graces , but what could have been!

Edited by Choze

There's plenty of Wii games that don't have waggle. It's really easy to get excited about Wii RPG's, at least I am.

Monster Hunter 3, Tales of Graces, Tales of Symphonia: DotNW, Arc Rise Fantasia.

Monster Hunter 3 and ToS: DotNW have no waggle at all.

There's plenty of Wii games that don't have waggle. It's really easy to get excited about Wii RPG's, at least I am.

Monster Hunter 3, Tales of Graces, Tales of Symphonia: DotNW, Arc Rise Fantasia.

Monster Hunter 3 and ToS: DotNW have no waggle at all.

TOS definately does. Monster Hunter belongs to PSP :p Or it looks like they are making sure they can port to PSP. My main point though is that they arent very well made.

ToS definitely doesn't, it has pointer as optional and thats it.

Monster Hunter 3 looks great with amazing graphics and can't go on PSP, controls have come from the PSP so that people who played it there can get straight in. And it was made for a console first anyway.

How can you know the games I have mentioned are not well made? They're not even out yet here.

I know TOS isnt good because all the Americans say its not good compared to Symphonia.

Why not port Abyss?

Problem is Wii is mostly about Waggle. Everything else is secondary.

Oh lord all mighty, beware of the mighty WAGGLE!!!!!!!

It ruins games, no matter how good the games are and well it's done with the controller.

Oh lord all mighty, beware of the mighty WAGGLE!!!!!!!

It ruins games, no matter how good the games are and well it's done with the controller.

Seems to be a perfect excuse for making a sub par game and thena dding waggle for the quality effect.

But seriously anyone would laugh if you said Wii was a RPG machine :p Monster Hunter is huge no doubt and Wii sales will increase massively in Japan but i am not interested.

Edited by Choze

No one did say Wii was an RPG machine.

This doesn't mean though that all Wii RPG's are bad. There are plenty of good ones out now and upcoming. MH3, Dragon Quest etc.

Tales of Vesperia HD movie up on JP PSN.

No one did say Wii was an RPG machine.

This doesn't mean though that all Wii RPG's are bad. There are plenty of good ones out now and upcoming. MH3, Dragon Quest etc.

Yeah.

Noticed a demo is up on XBL , not sure when it went on.

Didn't spend much time with it because the game is a definite purchase for me , but what I did play was as expected.

End of June is beginning to look seriously expensive what with this , Overlord 2 , The Conduit and Overlord : Dark Legacy all due to drop then , and possiblly the same day too. So much for Summer droughts.

Oh awesome. I'm gonna download it anyway since i'm quite looking forward forward to it. Only game I see me buying for a while untill I sort out this backlog.

Monster Hunter 3 looks great with amazing graphics and can't go on PSP,

Old post to reply to but still...

Sorry but there's really nothing on Wii with amazing graphics. They really are just as perfect as last gen graphics can be (which still aren't too bad). Mario Galaxy had a great smoothened, bright graphical style but compared to HD consoles there is pretty much no comparison.

Not that graphics make the game blah blah.

Downloaded and played the demo and have to say I wasn't impressed. Don't know if the demo is bugged or just screwed up but when I was in battle, it would either not pick up controller input for attacks or I'd get stuck at the edge of the battle area and I wouldn't be able to move off of it no matter where I moved the control stick and changing targets didn't change anything. I doubt it's indicative of the final product but it's really a put off.