NEurope
Fruitgun

Tales Of Vesperia

Burnout get's huge content updates every now and then so surely the same can be done for this? then again, Sony will probably flash more cash to keep even the extra content exclusive. :heh:

I wouldnt expect a patch for this level of content for a 360 game. Or you may need ot wait even further and need more disks :p That considering Sony's late agreeements somehow dont apply.

The wait is a good point though as many are betting we will be talking about FFXIII that time.

I wouldnt expect a patch for this level of content for a 360 game. Or you may need ot wait even further and need more disks :p That considering Sony's late agreeements somehow dont apply.

The wait is a good point though as many are betting we will be talking about FFXIII that time.

Even with all that extra stuff, it'll still only amount to a few hundred megabytes to possibly near a gig, that can still easily be stored on a 360 HDD, aren't the Burnout updates on a similar scale?

And yeah the time thing... Japan got this game in 2008 and it's now finally out, so waiting even longer for this game just to get it on the PS3 with some extra content kinda sucks especially when you consider that the next 'big' rpg will be out by then.

Even with all that extra stuff, it'll still only amount to a few hundred megabytes to possibly near a gig, that can still easily be stored on a 360 HDD, aren't the Burnout updates on a similar scale?

Whats the point of the updates if you have already played the game? As i said the updates are not just endgame stuff. The whole game is being reworked.

Sony are asking 3rd parties to add tons of extras to JRPG on PS3. White Knight Chronicles also has massive reworkings and additions.

And yeah the time thing... Japan got this game in 2008 and it's now finally out, so waiting even longer for this game just to get it on the PS3 with some extra content kinda sucks especially when you consider that the next 'big' rpg will be out by then.

Yeah exactly its very late. Even Europe will be getting other PS3 RPG.

Edited by Choze

Whats the point of the updates if you have already played the game?

If you enjoy a game enough you actually will want to play it again.

If you enjoy a game enough you actually will want to play it again.

Exactly... so lets say the PS3 version comes out in 2010? loads of people will have played TOV on the 360 at least once by then, so maybe a month or two after the PS3 version comes out they can unleash one huge content update for a reasonable price.

Exactly... so lets say the PS3 version comes out in 2010? loads of people will have played TOV on the 360 at least once by then, so maybe a month or two after the PS3 version comes out they can unleash one huge content update for a reasonable price.

Well quite abit of the content has to stay exclusive. Knowing Sony it will be the big stuff. Costumes and minor stuff are open game if lucky. Like late 2010 earliest...

Well quite abit of the content has to stay exclusive. Knowing Sony it will be the big stuff. Costumes and minor stuff are open game if lucky. Like late 2010 earliest...

*shrugs* fair enough... I'll just enjoy the first edition of the game for what it is then, it's still awesome :) I just want to avoid having to buy two copies of it. :heh:

I ordered mine at £32.99 from gameplay. Thing is you have to fork over an extra 99p if you want it sent first class.

You Son of a Bitch! :cry:

Why didn't you tell me this sooner :cry:

I paid £37.80 from Amazon :(

You Son of a Bitch! :cry:

Why didn't you tell me this sooner :cry:

I paid £37.80 from Amazon :(

And I paid £39.99 from Play, I really don't care though because it's still worth it. :)

Silence you. :blank:

w/e, you know it's worth it. :heh:

*goes back to playing TOV*

w/e, you know it's worth it. :heh:

*goes back to playing TOV*

I don't.

Yet.

Should be arriving Tuesday, which gives me a day to play Last Remnant [assuming that arrives on Monday]

I don't.

Yet.

Should be arriving Tuesday, which gives me a day to play Last Remnant [assuming that arrives on Monday]

Fair enough : peace: I'm really enjoying it atm, ripped it to the 360 HDD earlier because I know it's gonna be in there for a while, also made the transition scenes from overworld to battle earlier as before there was a slight delay every now and then.

I paid 0 pennies, muhaha. Really loving this game. Anyone else think it looks absolutely stunning in places? I'm really appreciating all the little nuances to the battle system and the sublime presentation. :)

I might get this on PS3 instead of 360...but having said that, by the time it's released for PS3 over here I can see the 360 price being around a tenner. If it's a tenner on 360, I'll definitely punt for that. No amount of additional content or altered storyline is worth £30. :p

Eternal Sonata was released on PS3 over here after originally being for 360 only, and the Tales series games are far more popular RPGs. So it's pretty much a certainty.

Given how poorly advertised and stocked the European 360 release has been (see here, for example), I wouldn't be so sure, unfortunately.

Given how poorly advertised and stocked the European 360 release has been (see here, for example), I wouldn't be so sure, unfortunately.

I can't remember Eternal Sonata being well advertised, and it sells for next to nothing new. People tend not to want JRPGs on 360 anyway, so I'm sure there'll be some knocking around cheap. And surely, less advertising means there'll be more copies left in shops. :p

Edited by Sheikah

Fair enough : peace: I'm really enjoying it atm, ripped it to the 360 HDD earlier because I know it's gonna be in there for a while, also made the transition scenes from overworld to battle earlier as before there was a slight delay every now and then.

How do you do the rippings?

Eternal Sonata was released on PS3 over here after originally being for 360 only, and the Tales series games are far more popular RPGs. So it's pretty much a certainty.

I can't remember Eternal Sonata being well advertised, and it sells for next to nothing new. People tend not to want JRPGs on 360 anyway, so I'm sure there'll be some knocking around cheap. And surely, less advertising means there'll be more copies left in shops. :p

The thing is, hardly any shops seem to be getting much/any stock to start with! :mad:

My point is that I don't think European sales of the 360 version will be strong enough to convince Namco-Bandai to bring out the PS3 version here. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it come out here, I'm just not holding out much hope for it.

At least we have a version in Europe - and I'm loving it so far! :D

How do you do the rippings?

My Xbox -> Select ToV (with the disc inserted) -> Game Details (Y button) -> Install to hard drive

So does that mean you can play it without the disc?

I'm afraid not - you still need the disc in the drive to be able to play (though you may be able to take it out once the game's started - I haven't tested this).

It's the same for all 360 games, AFAIK. If it was't like that, the potential for piracy would be huge, so you can't really blame MS for making it behave like that.

My point is that I don't think European sales of the 360 version will be strong enough to convince Namco-Bandai to bring out the PS3 version here. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it come out here, I'm just not holding out much hope for it.

Its coming to PS3. All but a date and announcement anyway. :)

I'm afraid not - you still need the disc in the drive to be able to play (though you may be able to take it out once the game's started - I haven't tested this).

It's the same for all 360 games, AFAIK. If it was't like that, the potential for piracy would be huge, so you can't really blame MS for making it behave like that.

So it just makes it run a little smoother?

So it just makes it run a little smoother?

Yeah, if you've ever played a Tales of... game before you'll know how the screen breaks into different pieces as you enter a battle, sometimes it can stick for a couple of second before this because of all the information it has to access I guess.

But when it's running from HDD, it sticks just the once - first time it's accessed upon load up - and then seems to run smoothly after that. :)