PSN and Home Thread

Daft

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fat Princess Battle Begins This Week

fat.jpg

Hats will fly this Thursday afternoon, when Titan Studios' Fat Princess finally waddles her way onto the PlayStation Network.

The eagerly-awaited multiplayer game of fantasy combat and cake eating is coming with this week's PlayStation Store update on the 30th, priced to move at $15.00. For those of you unfamiliar with the title, it's a cartoonish action game in which the player wears different hats to change their classes, feeding the opposing team's princess in order to make it harder to rescue her. It's a deceptively deep game, allowing for a great deal of showboating and did-you-see-what-I-just-did moments. It's definitely worth the price of admission.

Hopefully this means the PAL PSN also. I can't wait.

It is indeed coming to Europe this Thursday. I'd assume it'll be £9.99/€12.99, the same as Battlefield 1943.

Awesome. I'm off on the Friday for the weekend so I'll be on Thursday evening getting in a few games. Maybe we can get an KNEE team together.

Aghhhhh, Marvel vs Capcom 2 is out on XBLA. I really want this game, but on my PS3. Must.....resist....temptation....

Fat Princess is out tomorrow so that should take my mind off it.

Although I could just buy it anyway.........no, no, no, no,no. Come on Mat, be strong.

PSN July 30th

Playable Content

Fat Princessfull game (£11.99/?14.99)

Watchmen: The End is Nigh part 2demo Watchmen: The End is Nigh part 2full game (£9.99/?12.99)

Numblastdemo Add-on Content

Fight Night Round 4DLC pack 1 (free)

Rag Doll Kung FuTime Savers pack (£1.19/?1.99)

Buzz! Quiz TVAFL pack (£6.29/?7.99)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10Cogg Hill pack (£4.79/?5.99)

4x Dynasty Warriors 6armor sets (free)

Rock Band DLC

Rock Band Kiss Pack 01 (£2.49/?3.99)

100,000 Years (Live) by Kiss (£0.99/?1.49)

Deuce (Live) by Kiss (£0.99/?1.49)

Parasite (Live) by Kiss (£0.99/?1.49)

Blink 182 Pack 01 (£2.49/?3.99)

Down by Blink 182 (£0.99/?1.49)

Feeling This by Blink 182 (£0.99/?1.49)

The Rock Show by Blink 182 (£0.99/?1.49)

Weezer Pack 02 (£2.49/?3.99)

My Name Is Jonas by Weezer (£0.99/?1.49)

Pork and Beans by Weezer (£0.99/?1.49)

Undone ? The Sweater Song by Weezer (£0.99/?1.49)

Individual tracks

Out Here All Night by Damone (£0.99/?1.49)

Guitar Hero World TourKnuckle Sandwich Track Pack (£4.39/?5.99)

Bloodmeat by Protest The Hero (£1.59/?1.99)

I'm Shipping Up To Boston by The Dropkick Murphys (£1.59/?1.99)

New Wave by Against Me! (£1.59/?1.99)

Videos

DC Universe OnlineBehind the Scenes Trailer

DC Universe OnlineSizzle Trailer

Killzone 2Flash & Thunder Trailer

PSP Content

Samurai Warriors: State of Warfull game (£13.99/?17.99)

Unbound Sagafull game (£13.99/?17.99)

Numblast demo

Rock Band Unplugged DLC

"Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm (£0.99/?1.49)

"Funk #49" by James Gang (£0.99/?1.49)

Nice update, can't wait for some Fat Princess cake!

Home is also getting some pretty cool additions. It's slowly shaping up.

MotorStorm Game Launching Crashes Into PlayStation Home, Fat Princess Ambles Slowly Behind…

Hi there guys – time for a PlayStation Home update…!

We have the first wave of MotorStorm content swerving into PS Home this Thursday with MotorStorm Pacific Rift Game Launching functionality topping the bill. If you don’t know what Game Launching is, click here for more info on how this great functionality works.

There will be more MotorStorm / PS Home news very soon, however in the mean time, have a look at the screenshots below for a tantalising snippet of some of the great MotorStorm content coming to PS Home over the coming weeks…

3765309024_8e27b07764.jpg

3764512021_0c53548430.jpg

Next (and this is very exciting) as of tomorrow, we will be launching a new event in PS Home – the Fat Princess “Quest for Cake”.

Based upon the brilliant PSN title, all you have to do is visit the PlayStation Events Space to join in this very special confectionery quest.

In the fully redecorated space you will find eight pieces of cake, locked away in cages. To unlock the cake and feed your Princess you need to search the space high and low for clues, these clues will give you access to the finest gateaux and, eventually, her majesty’s waistline.

If you do manage to unlock all eight pieces of cake, and feed the Princess, a special PS Home reward will be yours – the Fat Princess’ very own throne for your personal apartment. Here are a few screenshots of the space to whet your appetite…

3764497685_acfe1f6666.jpg

3764497635_5b9daceebf.jpg

3765294388_7d71a51202.jpg

3764497519_3854b22e3a.jpg

Last, (but by no means least!) there will be a few additional surprises in tomorrow’s publishing window (particularly revolving around the undead…) so be sure to log-in and check it out

I’ll be around for a while if you have any comments, otherwise I’ll see you in PS Home tomorrow unlocking slices of the finest black forest gateaux.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/07/29/motorstorm-game-launching-crashes-into-playstation-home-fat-princess-ambles-slowly-behind…

Undead, ey?! I love the undead!! :heh:

That Fat Princess space actually looks good, the prize is pointless because I don't see why you would spend time in your apartment but hey puzzles - fun. Still won't be getting the game though.

You could use the throne to impress some poor unsuspecting victim you invite back to your apartment then get banned from PSN again for being a perv!

:o

Braid is coming to PSN and you should all buy it. Expect an official announcement soon, but odds are good that it'll be out in the next few months.

It's been suggested that another XBLA favourite will be joining Tim and Castle Crashers in branching out to Sony's service soon, although I'm not sure how solid that is.

Braid is coming to PSN and you should all buy it. Expect an official announcement soon, but odds are good that it'll be out in the next few months.

It's been suggested that another XBLA favourite will be joining Tim and Castle Crashers in branching out to Sony's service soon, although I'm not sure how solid that is.

Good thing I didnt buy it on steam then. And castle crashers looks awesome imo.

Anyone else on here got Battlefield 1943? I don't but I tried the demo and loved it so I shall be downloading soon. The Wipeout expansion shall have to wait =P.

Your second PSN mistake. Tsk Tsk, wipeout should always come first! For shame!

Its partly because I cant play blu-rays but I keep coming back to Battlefield because when youre concentrating its very rewarding. I find that the sniper in this game is fun, I have challenges where I try to find static players and place all 3 charges on them and try to blow them up without killing myself.

Then theres all the experimental things you can try which keep it interesting.

I thought you had a Xbox360?

I did, but it broke, so I started playing on the PS3? Sure I had been over this with the forum before =P We had a PS3 since about the end of 2007 as my dad wanted a blu ray player, I've just been playing on it more recently.