N-Europe

earthquake

Haver

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God says you shake your genitals where you are not supposed to and I will shake my world in order to wake you up," he added

Best political quote in history.

We now start the countdown to when the "Dudley Earthquake Appeal" gets recycled for the 5th time in as many years, this time as the "Grimsby Earthquake Appeal".

Sigh...

Market Rasen Quake Relief Fund

At 01:00 on Wednesday 27 February, Britain's worst quake for 25 years hit Market Rasen, Lincolnshire measuring 5.3 on the Richter scale and causing untold disruption and distress. The tremor decimated the area causing approximately £30 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementoes from Cleethorpes were damaged beyond repair.

* Residents of Market Rasen and neighbouring Lincoln and Grimsby were woken well before their giros arrived

* Several priceless hedges were damaged

* Three areas of historically and scientifically significant litter were disturbed

Local radio staions reported thousands of people wandering confused and bewildered among the debris, trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting has happened in Lincolnshire.

One Lincoln resident, Ashleigh-Marie Dutton, a 17 year old mother-of-three said "It was such a shock, little Chardonnay came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyson-Morgan and Aguilera-Amy slept through it. I was still shaking when I was watching Trisha and Kilroy later that morning." Apparently though, looting did carry on as normal. The British Red Cross have so far managed to ship 800 crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help the stricken masses. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings including Benefit Books and jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and bone china from Poundland.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

This appeal is to raise clothing and food parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in it. Clothing is most sought after. Items required include blankets for stricken racehorses at the Market Rasen track and baseball caps, hoodies and other clothing from TKMaxx.

£5 buys a fish dinner and blue pop for a family of four

£10 can take a family to Cleethorpes for the day

25p buys a biro for filling in a spurious compensation claim

£20 buys Grimsby Town FC

PLEASE ACT NOW!!!!

Simply email us by return with your credit card details and we'll do the rest! If you prefer to donate cash, there are collection points available at your local branches of Argos, Aldi and Clinton Cards. Please do not send tents for shelter, as Market Rasen racecourse will not allow camping.

Yep definitely felt it up in Middlesbrough... (tosh Mr. BBC that's at leat 1/2 a mile more away from the epicentre than Darlington AND you got a sodding radio center there!)

Seemed pretty cool to me but I had to calm Bluey down. She was almost as bad as a dog on fireworks night :p

Fuck me, Market Rasen is where I visited Fordy one time; dunno if his mum is still there...

What?! Ford lived in Market Rasen?? Why didn't anyone ever tell me that? My parents live in Caistor like 2 minutes down the A46 where I lived for about 7 years.

I'm in Newcastle and felt a shaking last night when watching TV. It only lasted about 2 seconds but i jumped out of bed and looked outside and there wasn't anything. So i just thought it was the winds rocking my house a tiny bit.

Can't believe it was a Earthquake...

OK, which cluess mod didn't get my Phoenix Wright reference and deleted it?

A picture reply is still spam, you are not adding anything to the conversation but meerly copy and pasting. I do the same for all picture replies (although I admit some do slip by).

Yep definitely felt it up in Middlesbrough... (tosh Mr. BBC that's at leat 1/2 a mile more away from the epicentre than Darlington AND you got a sodding radio center there!)

Seemed pretty cool to me but I had to calm Bluey down. She was almost as bad as a dog on fireworks night :p

MEAN!.......exactly HOW are you planning to get from the train station to my house again...? oh yeah~ you're expecting me to come pick you up, right? good luck with THAT. :angry:

i joke i joke~ but come on, i wasn't that bad.. i was confused and sleepy and confused... but i guess i ought to get used to it. i'll let you guys know what a proper earthquake feels like (and i wont have jamba to save me) :wink: