N-Europe

Can You Make A Noise In Your Ears

ReZourceman

It sounds weird. Can you make a noise in your ears that only you can hear?

Its kinda is like an earthquake type rumbling inside your head? Does anyone actually know what I mean?

Its one of the things that you just live with an never really think about.

If people dont know what I mean Ill try to explain further, but Im sure it can't just be me.

I think I know what you're talking about. It's the kind of noise you get when you yawn and when in an airplane. I think it has to do with the pressure on both sides of your eardrums changing and stuff.

But yes, I can do it any time I want. Not even sure how but I guess I just use some muscles near my ears? :confused:

I know the sound you mean!

I also had a sound in my ears when I was 5 or 6 - Id be lying on my bed, in complete silence. There would be a -thud-thud-thud- noise, and I always thought it was a huge gorilla walking up the stairs to my room >.<

Now I realise it was just blood pumping in my ears...

Yes, I can. It reminds me of the low rumbling sound of cinematic space, as in the background hum you get in movies when you're watching the floating shuttle or derelict space station.

I'd guess it's either something to do with pressure as Eenuh suggested, or possibly blood flow — certain parts of the ear becoming engorged and pressing against your eardrum or whatever.

Yes, I can. It reminds me of the low rumbling sound of cinematic space, as in the background hum you get in movies when you're watching the floating shuttle or derelict space station.

Yeah, exactly.

I have always asked people if they could do this but they respond with a ghey expression on their faces.

Lol, same.

You mean when you tense your head, and your ears sort of rumble?

Another thing: closing your eyes and losing perspective. Especially when really tired/hungover, and you convince yourself that the pillow is really huge and your head is really small.

Another thing: closing your eyes and losing perspective. Especially when really tired/hungover, and you convince yourself that the pillow is really huge and your head is really small.

I can only see through one eye at a time (which means no depth perception) and this happens to me on a regular basis, its actually pretty scary when you can't control it :/

I have that sometimes. Usually with the TV. Like everything goes really scary like when somebody starts spinning out in a horror film.

Does anybody ever lose balance? I don't just mean falling over I mean when you don't know which way is up. I get it sometimes and I keep move from side to side trying to find "up" but I can't.