NEurope
Mundi

Gears Of War 2

The sky/water/background/lighting make the game look much, much better - the little dose of colour from all of those things really makes a difference.

I feel slightly underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but I was expecting a contender for the best-looking game on the X360; instead, the engine seems almost identical.

On a positive note it's cool you can take hostages in GOW 2, but most of all I'm looking forward to the chainsaw battles! :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33773.html

*ahem*...

Also- a scene by scene analysis. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33775.html

urrrrgh! shhiiiiiiitt that looks sweet

as for 'identical engine'.....eh, what? Ok so the graphics aren't a big jump but did you not notice the sheer scale they're now applied to? that battle is *massive* compared to, what, 8 enemies at a time in the first one, tops.

looking forward to this. the first game was pretty enjoyable stuff.

The main thing I gather from that Comparsion is that the lighting looks so much better and the differences in scale. Surely this calls for 4 -player co-op?

it fuckin better do. If so, I'm getting a crew together and not playing it solo, ever.

it fuckin better do. If so, I'm getting a crew together and not playing it solo, ever.

Would be truly awesome.

I really hope multiplayer games won't be 8 on 8 affairs now though. I think the cover sytem and the dynamics between the weapons lend themselves well to tight, compact, strategic stages.

Epic did say there will be some new co-operative modes though - anyone for 'Behead the Undead' (Timesplitters) style arcade types?

I was never that in to Gears MP. Maybe if I owned a copy and gave it time...but it seemed a bit clunky to me, especially in tight quarters. I was a Halo boy at heart really- now that's a game I can control effrotlessly at all times.

Looks very good but I'm worried about the open scale of it. I hope that it punctuates the game rather than is used all the way through. I like the confined corridor play of the first, it's hard to keep any level of atmosphere in exterior settings.

Cannot wait for this to come out, get the ol N-E Gears crew back together for nightly matches = D.

I think someone Epic must have stepped outside and realized that there are colours other than brown and grey.

The main problem of the original was the generic style on top of the slightly repetitive single player.

So far, this looks to have solved at least one of those problems. High hopes!

Has anyone played the first on PC? Joystick control really spoiled the first one for me, although I had a blast.

I heard the PC version is buggy, this is why I ask.

Cannot wait for this to come out, get the ol N-E Gears crew back together for nightly matches = D.

not that i was part of it, but bring it on bitches!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

oh yeah, and my mate got it on pc. he had no problems far as I know.

omg that looks so good! I will defo be getting a 360 again later this year for this!

looks awesome

liked that you can now use a enemy as a shield (then break his neck and chuck over the edge hehe)

I've yet to watch the video but this idea is a great one. Shame all the games in between the first Gears and this one, it all just fell apart.

Hell Yes! :D

I wish i had a 360 I loved the first Gears of War and played it all the time with my friend.

This looks much more awesome, loads of stuff was happening on screen in that video and the chainsaw screw attack thing from behind was great. :awesome:

Definately my most playe 360 game.

Bluejay take note! :heh:

I should probably play through the first one a second time.

I hope the ending in GoW2 doesn't just jump up out of nowhere.

The main reason I want this game to! :smile:

Holy shit.

That video was intense. Using a locust as shield. The chainsaw battle looks like it's whoever can press the b button the quickest will come oout on top.

That's no excuse to only use that weapon online though...:blank:

Holy shit.

That video was intense. Using a locust as shield. The chainsaw battle looks like it's whoever can press the b button the quickest will come oout on top.

That's no excuse to only use that weapon online though...:blank:

Haha will we see the return of the guys who only chainsaw, will we have to shout and them again.... i think so

OMG.

The amount of enemies...that was insane! jesus just imagine some of the set pieces they could pull off!