N-Europe

Gears Of War 2

Mundi

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you on about Stefkov? Everybody knows that to play gears all you do is run about and pistol whip people.

If there is Chainsaw duelling there better be pistol whip duelling, the epicness that would follow...

Nah, I use a longshot to keep those whippers at bay.:heh:

All this game needs is 4 player Campaign co-op and a few new weapons to spice it up. Also I want dual-wielded active reload snipers.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30825.html - here's the tech demo. The Torque Bow destructible environments part = wow.

Guest Stefkov

All this game needs is 4 player Campaign co-op and a few new weapons to spice it up. Also I want dual-wielded active reload snipers.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30825.html - here's the tech demo. The Torque Bow destructible environments part = wow.

Gah the websites down for maintenance. If there's destructibal environments this would become better than I wanted it to be.

Not only can sissies not hide behind sold concrete blocks that you can shoot through and get a head shot, but now you can destroy the block..

Well, Gears was finished on a beta Unreal 3 engine. Its gone gold since then and features are constantly being added.

I hope they got rid of that damn texture popping.

Wow it does look pretty cool, so many Locusts on screen at once!

I do have one slight dispute about that trailer.

Yes, its done in real time... but what hardware? I mean, the 360 couldn't render that many enemies with the complexity Gears did. Ie: blowing them to bits.

Guest Stefkov

But nothing else is going on at that time. Sure they couldn't do that on a 360 with a full on war between 100 locust and the 4 good dudes, but all they're doing is running. Nothing really demanding. If you watched the bottom of it they were bouncing off the cars trying to get round it, probably just simple coding.

They're probably gonna limit the torque bow now. It can destroy cover so it'll be really usefull when playing. I just hope they still allow changing in multiplayer, a torque bow extravaganza ...

Guest Stefkov

Yes, he works for Epic. Got blonde hair, pretty cool guy.

Came onto stage at GDC, with a mock chainsaw bayonet like in Gears, through a wall or something, and just said how the first game was only a teaser for what was to come in the second.

I've found recently I can't really enjoy a game unless it has a good/solid story. I really hope the story is better than in GoW...Like I wouldn't mind some kind of background as to why the Earth was under attack from aliens. (If that even is the story!)

Wretches were fuckin' cool. So much fun to just put down with a shotgun to the face, it was the lambent wretches on Insane that were a bit of a bitch.

Grrr! That bit with the minecarts on Insane pissed me off to no end. Especially on co-op!!

I've found recently I can't really enjoy a game unless it has a good/solid story. I really hope the story is better than in GoW...Like I wouldn't mind some kind of background as to why the Earth was under attack from aliens. (If that even is the story!)

No, humans colonise a planet (Sera) and the Locusts were already living underground when they got there. In the special edition of the game, you get a little book that explains a little more of the backstory, including a civil war involving the fuel that is underground

Haha, I've just completed and experienced what you guys are talking about for the first time tonight :D

Me and thunderer are completing the entire game on Insane Co-op, we're on Act 3 atm. Been doing it over a few days and just done the mineshaft bit again.

I don't have a problem with having Wretches in the game..as long as they get rid of the fucking irritating screeching they make.