Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Urgent Advice Please Lads and Girlies

Intensity

Ok, basically my Wii the other day made a wierd sound whilst the disc was in the drive and i removed it to find a ring around the disc. The effected game was Mario Galaxy and Its over the warranty length. Any ideas of how I could get it replaced without paying any money?

Tell Nintendo? Sounds like the Wii did it to me. How do you have your wii positioned, have you tried any other games or had it happen to them(I'd be scared to put anything else in tbh). What's the condition of your disc otherwise? You *could* try acting like the disc came like it, if it looks quite uniformly done, buy one from a shop, take it back a day later and say when you open it up you were all like wtf, get an exchange, then take it to another branch for a refund/resell it(alot of places don't refund games these days though). Trying to get a refund for a faulty off the bat is most unlikely to work, as it arouses suspicion.

Tbh, I'm not sure how legal that is, and if anyone asked, you didn't hear it from me. Also, you might not get away with it, so you'll be lumped with an extra copy(which is cool anyway, cos surely you wanna keep playing?).

How far/deep is this ring, and does the game not actually play at all, or what? I still say your best bet is Nintendo, I've heard they can be pretty nice to their customers sometimes and they might even repair things for free(it if's the Wii, that is). You chanced trying any other games yet?

You buy a new copy, replace the disc and demand a refund the next day.

I did that with my mini fridge, no questions asked.

Sounds like a genius idea mate, only problem is where? I think most places only replace the faulty discs these days and wont refund. If you could name me a games store that 100% does refunds, I would have your babies.

Dont be dishonest.

Phone nintendo (codeststorm).... they will replace the disc. they may also take your wii in for repair. They seriously are not too bothered by the warranty for stuff like this. Imagaine the bad press if it was if the wii was liable to scratch disks like the xbox. don make mario mad

Yeah, Nintendo will replace the disk. They won't be gits about it. They'll probably replace your wii as well... I mean, your Wii broke the disk.

Then again, I'm going on the assumption that companies are nice. A month ago, someone took £2,500 out of my account and the banks don't want to pay up.

But I shan't bother N-E with my trivial money problems... though, winning some prizes in the competition helped. :D

whats with all these masterplans. mario galaxy was released in late 2007. At the back of the instruction book, you'll find a warranty- which as i recall is 24 months.

I haven't got the Wii instructions handy, but isn't that also a 24 month warrenty. Get them both sent to Codestorm, to be sure its not going to happen to any other games. Make it clear the Wii did it.