NEurope
Kirkatronics

Random Facts

1 in 5 adults did NOT know you can catch HIV from unsafe sex!

I just read that, so was the first thing I thought of, but come on who doesn't know that!

1 in 5 adults did NOT know you can catch HIV from unsafe sex!

I just read that, so was the first thing I thought of, but come on who doesn't know that!

people believed that if you kicked a biscuit tin as you were climaxing, you couldnt get pregnant lol..

so... thats how stupid people are :/

racecar is spelled the same backwards

OK, i've got egg in my face after my last fact was proved wrong so here's another 2 to make up for it (of more reliable sources):

kangaroos are born under an inch long after only 3 months. From there they then crawl into the pouch on the front of the mother.

The earth's atmosphere is proportionatly thinner than the skin of an apple

OK, i've got egg in my face after my last fact was proved wrong so here's another 2 to make up for it (of more reliable sources):

kangaroos are born under an inch long after only 3 months. From there they then crawl into the pouch on the front of the mother.

The earth's atmosphere is proportionatly thinner than the skin of an apple

no copy pasta lol.

not bad facts, i didnt know the second one :(

Dogs don't mate doggy style.

If you drained the Loch Ness you could fit the world's population in it 10x.

The Kiwi bird has the largest egg in comparison to it's body.

A HB pencil can write on average 50,000 english words or draw a line 35 miles long.

Ahh, what a brilliant thread, I'm probably gonna recite alot of QI here(saw the dog thing on that the other day, they mate back to back or something).

-I'm fairly sure Flamingos are white naturally, but turn pink due to the colour in what they eat.

-The kiwi fruit was called a chinese gooseberry originally.

Crisps were originally made from parsnips, not potatoes.

-I'm fairly sure Flamingos are white naturally, but turn pink due to the colour in what they eat.

I think it's more that naturally they are pink as a result of what they eat, but the food they give them in captivity makes them white. The same is true of salmon - most salmon you buy in the shops is dyed pink.

originally, the studio ghibli film "my neighbour totoro" was only supposed to feature ONE little girl as opposed to two sisters - that explains why sometimes you'll see a picture of the famous bus-stop scene with one girl waiting for the bus instead of two girls ... (i'm sure you've all wondered... hah)

the original girl's name was going to be "may"... but when studio ghibli decided to make the story about two sisters, they didn't change the name at all... one sister is named mei - (still pronounced 'may'), the other "satsuki" which is the japanese equivalent of the english name "may"

:grin:

I think it's more that naturally they are pink as a result of what they eat, but the food they give them in captivity makes them white. The same is true of salmon - most salmon you buy in the shops is dyed pink.

I dunno about the salmon, but there was some flamingos on Animal Park(the thing with ben fogle and that woman) and they were saying how they're born gray and they have to feed the flamingos something specific otherwise they'll stay white and won't turn pink?

The first person to say we eat X amount of spiders in our sleep dies.

Yeah, it's not true. We eat Y amount. :blank:

Mmm....Algebra...

The average length of a human penis is 6 inches. So now you know.

Wikipedia reference-linkhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_penis_size#Penis_size_and_condom_use

Erect circumference

* A study conducted by LifeStyles Condoms during 2001 Spring Break in Cancún found an average of 12.6 cm (5.0 in) with a standard deviation of 1.3 cm (0.5 in).[7]

Similar results exist regarding studies of the circumference of the adult fully erect penis, with the measurement taken mid-shaft.[citation needed] As with length, studies that relied on self-measurement consistently reported a higher average than those with staff measuring.

Personally I reckon because it's something that so many people lie about neither of those are correct.

The first person to say we eat X amount of spiders in our sleep dies.

Had to work out on average how many years is it per spider. Creepy. Can still remember that question clearly.

Erm random facts. The song ABCDEFG.... has the same song tune as twinkle twinkle little star.

This may be rubbish, but when its early in the morning (I think) and you're drunk when you hear that.. it keeps you amused for ages! (For me anyway :indeed: )

-Giraffes tounges are blue
Seriously o_O ah, Eenuh's art work she had as a sig for all that time... it's all wrong! :heh:

Ellmeister mentioned twinkle twinkle little star, well get this, that song actually has four more verses! Most people have just never heard any others.

Seriously o_O ah, Eenuh's art work she had as a sig for all that time... it's all wrong! :heh:

Ellmeister mentioned twinkle twinkle little star, well get this, that song actually has four more verses! Most people have just never heard any others.

I actually made the tongue kinda purple/grayish. Cause I knew they weren't pink.

Giraffe_tongue.jpg

Swans mate for life.

The City of Carlisle was originally a Roman settlement called Lugivallum.

In the ancient Olympics, Olympians came from all walks of life and trained at a special athletics school founded by the state. They also competed naked.

:shakehead I don't believe you :p

What constantly?

:D

facepalm.jpeg

Incidentally, Patrick Stewart is a Yorkshireman, and now heads the Yorkshire Shakespeare Society.

I'm going to try again with the origins of a phrase:

the term 'money for old rope' came about because, once someone had been hanged, the executioner (or whatever you call the guy who does it) would cut up the rope and sell it to people. So if a person was hated, people in the community would buy parts of the rope used to hang em and place it on their wall or something as a souveneir of sorts.

Actually it's the algae in the water and food they ingest that absorbs light along on a certain wavelength but reflects pink/red wavelengths.

Dolphin's can't drink, they get their water mostly from fat metabolism.

Bermuda is shaped like a fishing hook. And has an "Around the Island" race for power boats, which crash almost all at the same place.

Polygon as a term in the games industry is almost always misused. For instance, when someone says "poly limit" what they actually mean is triangle limit.

Actually it's the algae in the water and food they ingest that absorbs light along on a certain wavelength but reflects pink/red wavelengths.

Which is what I said - all pigments absorb reflect and absorb different wavelengths of light... in this case, the pinky/red things are carotenoids.