Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Singleness!

nightwolf

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been down the pub tonight and pulled a bird, and in the process of taking her back to mine for the night, she decides to go with some other bloke and sleep with him. Now imagine how pissed i am right about now :mad::mad::mad:. I could have been with a bird tonight and her exact words to me were "I don't know when i shall sleep with you, but you may be lucky soon." and then she went in with this other lad and left me in the bloody cold 2 miles from home.

Single life does suck in a way, but then it does have it's advantages somehow.

That's Newport ladies for you, mate.

I've been back in da port for less than a day, and I want out of it already!

You guys must be doing singleness wrong.

This week (going against the grain and for once saying the week starts on Sunday for the sake of my own benefit) im two for two. And tonight is in the bag if I can be bothered to go. See how I feel after lectures.

Singleness is a gift, not a curse. Don't sit around thinking about what you're missing out on, enjoy the benefits of what it brings.

Its a good job i live 8-10 miles away from Newport in a small town called Caldicot where there are practically no birds who are single and havn't had at least 1 kid by 20.

I was at da port last night then came back here as she lived in Undy (another town towards mine, which is 2 miles from here)

You guys must be doing singleness wrong.

This week (going against the grain and for once saying the week starts on Sunday for the sake of my own benefit) im two for two. And tonight is in the bag if I can be bothered to go. See how I feel after lectures.

Singleness is a gift, not a curse. Don't sit around thinking about what you're missing out on, enjoy the benefits of what it brings.

Not everybody has the confidence you seem to possess or the fact they might want an actual relationship, not to say you don't you just don't come across that way.

Its a good job i live 8-10 miles away from Newport in a small town called Caldicot where there are practically no birds who are single and havn't had at least 1 kid by 20.

I was at da port last night then came back here as she lived in Undy (another town towards mine, which is 2 miles from here)

Hahah, oh man, I laughed at soon as you typed Caldicot. Sorry. :heh:

Hahah, oh man, I laughed at soon as you typed Caldicot. Sorry. :heh:

No worries, everyone laughs because it is a cruddy town of which i can't stand to live in as their are no females that are attractive.

Not everybody has the confidence you seem to possess or the fact they might want an actual relationship, not to say you don't you just don't come across that way.

Nah I know some people want it and thats all good. But I dunno, I come in here and it seems to be people moaning and getting down on themselves for not being in a relationship. I am just trying, in my own way, to basically say 'Don't fret so much about it. Things will work out in the end. Don't worry about the final picture, enjoy the process and live life for today.'

I went through a period of mopey singleness a while ago and I just found not worrying about it helped me more. Just trying to offer some advice. : peace:

(When did I become optimistic?)

No worries, everyone laughs because it is a cruddy town of which i can't stand to live in as their are no females that are attractive.

Newport ain't really that much better. Seriously, the whole population seems to have decreased in age and is now stuck at the 15 year old mark. There's kids everywhere, probably skiving off school.

Where are the fitties? :(

Nah I know some people want it and thats all good. But I dunno, I come in here and it seems to be people moaning and getting down on themselves for not being in a relationship. I am just trying, in my own way, to basically say 'Don't fret so much about it. Things will work out in the end. Don't worry about the final picture, enjoy the process and live life for today.'

I went through a period of mopey singleness a while ago and I just found not worrying about it helped me more. Just trying to offer some advice. : peace:

(When did I become optimistic?)

The thing is I am working on it but I really doubt anything will happen but I really can't get over her at all (seriously its been a few years...) but I guess that is more to do with the fact I'm at school and that will probably change when I go to uni, hopefully.

That is my biggest problem I look so far ahead that I don't think about now at all and then I just get disappointed with myself because I haven't achieved anything.

But yeah you are going about it the right way taking it as it comes, saying that it is getting slightly better so we shall see.

Newport ain't really that much better. Seriously, the whole population seems to have decreased in age and is now stuck at the 15 year old mark. There's kids everywhere, probably skiving off school.

Where are the fitties? :(

Scared of the 15 yr old kids most likely or they are in college or something

The thing is I am working on it but I really doubt anything will happen but I really can't get over her at all (seriously its been a few years...) but I guess that is more to do with the fact I'm at school and that will probably change when I go to uni, hopefully.

That is my biggest problem I look so far ahead that I don't think about now at all and then I just get disappointed with myself because I haven't achieved anything.

But yeah you are going about it the right way taking it as it comes, saying that it is getting slightly better so we shall see.

Well I won't pretend like I have any recent experience of a big break up, and can only really empahise from a hypothetical angle but still, my sympathies.

Personally I'd say, and have said, trying not to worry too much about the future, as it will only bog down your present. But I know changing your mindset is easier said than done.

Good look with your endeavours.

Well, things have come to a halt I think. It's been very confusing.

We've been txting and speaking on the phone for days, it's been so nice. I came back to Brighton yesterday, and it looks like we're going to just remain as friends.

I didn't ask her to split with her guy. God, I've wanted to, but I just couldn't. I've been in tears all today and yesterday.

Well, things have come to a halt I think. It's been very confusing.

We've been txting and speaking on the phone for days, it's been so nice. I came back to Brighton yesterday, and it looks like we're going to just remain as friends.

I didn't ask her to split with her guy. God, I've wanted to, but I just couldn't. I've been in tears all today and yesterday.

poor link, I'm sorry things haven't gone the way you wanted them too :(

poor link, I'm sorry things haven't gone the way you wanted them too :(

It's ok, they never do. It's driving me crazy tbh, because now she wants us to just move on and go back to being really good friends, and I'm struggling to do that.

Memo to self: Never trust a woman. ANY woman!

I wouldn't be so rash.

Some women are utter bitches, complete selfish, minipulative and have lack of regard for anyone.

But others are lovely! But the same can be said for guys.

girls, women...quite for a while i've been less and less interested in the whole "love scene". It's quite hard to find someone interesting and even more for me to become interested. plus, even if I have a shot at it, i'll probably do nothing because I never make that defining first step. and the irony is that i'm good looking, REALLY good looking. life is an adventure!

girls, women...quite for a while i've been less and less interested in the whole "love scene". It's quite hard to find someone interesting and even more for me to become interested. plus, even if I have a shot at it, i'll probably do nothing because I never make that defining first step. and the irony is that i'm good looking, REALLY good looking. life is an adventure!

Boy... I'm glad you're not proud. :indeed:

(You know it's guy love. :heart: )