NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Quirky or Strange Things That You Do

Erm, I don't really know. I sing to myself? Like, instead of talking, I sing what I'm doing. Not often around others though, as that'd be weird.

Despite my usual self-consciousness, I really can't think of any amusing quirks or oddities to speak of. But I feel sad if you don't think of me as weird :(

Ah I talk to myself alot, a person discovered this at work and she thinks it's amazing. It helps me to think.

I'll get home and start thinking about my day to myself, I'm an idiot -.-

If we needed shoes, we would have evolved them. Plus you can climb trees much better in barefoot. EVERYONE know THAT.

Umhhhhhhhh

1.Every single time I think deep I look up.

2.somehow I alway find away to finish the other people question

People hate that

3. I always sleep with my socks no ALWAYS

I have no idea MUNDI!!! fill in the blanks if you can

Bluey! You can join our Gang! :grin:

Members so far:

Jamba

Bluey

nightwolf

Coolness Bears

haha thankyou, thankyou very much :awesome: .

I love shoes don't get me wrong, but barefoot is the way forward!:yay:

Agreed! :D BAREFOOT FOR THE WIN! :yay:

I also talk to myself, i don't see it as that odd as it's just me saying what i'm thinking aloud. :)

Jamba I used to climb trees a lot when i was younger as well! :)

Though i didn't get very far... i think i know why now though! because i was wearing SHOES!!!

Man, that sounds like a mega-cool group, 'cept I'm currently wearing socks :/ You kids enjoy yourselves. I'm not bitter.

*spreads millions of tacks outside their houses*

I look at the ground too, its unintentional. I also constantly shift my hair style through out the day, nothing can stay good for long, my friends make fun of me by messing my hair up =(

I do the knuckle cracking. I know its not good for me, but if I go for too long (a few hours at most) without doing it my fingers start to feel strange and uncomfortable and it doesnt go away until I crack them. Same for my neck.

Also on my computer chair I can't put my feet on the floor. I either have my knees up at my chest (like L from Death Note sits) or pull a chair from the dinner table beside me and rest them on that.

I also can't sleep in silence. I either put my mp3 player on (and I've broken one with this, so now I have a set of computer speakers in my bedroom with a 3.5mm jack to plug straight into my Zen) or leave my TV on in the background. I've gotten into the habbit at night of setting the timer on my TV so it turns off after 90 minutes.

I do the knuckle cracking. I know its not good for me, but if I go for too long (a few hours at most) without doing it my fingers start to feel strange and uncomfortable and it doesnt go away until I crack them. Same for my neck.

Also on my computer chair I can't put my feet on the floor. I either have my knees up at my chest (like L from Death Note sits) or pull a chair from the dinner table beside me and rest them on that.

I also can't sleep in silence. I either put my mp3 player on (and I've broken one with this, so now I have a set of computer speakers in my bedroom with a 3.5mm jack to plug straight into my Zen) or leave my TV on in the background. I've gotten into the habbit at night of setting the timer on my TV so it turns off after 90 minutes.

Its like an awful feeling that something needs clicked back into place?

uurrghh i hate it, i get it in my neck a lot but i cant click it back into place cause its a swollen disc i get a lot =(

Ah I talk to myself alot, a person discovered this at work and she thinks it's amazing. It helps me to think.

I'll get home and start thinking about my day to myself, I'm an idiot -.-

Hey, I talk to myself while thinking, too! :yay: You're the first person I know that does that too.

Let's see, I also crack my fingers/wrist if I feel I have to. Luckily, I've been doing it less and less.

Anndd.... I'd like to say I belong to the barefooted gang, but I live in possibly the dirtiest grounds in Portugal.

Bubblegum, dogcrap, spit, used condoms, you name it. I don't go around barefooted for good reasons.

Although I'd much rather go around in socks/barefooted (depends on temperature) instead of wearing shoes.

Aye, you'll get arthritis doing that (that's what everyone says anyway)

the majority of my joints crack, its pretty unpleasant at the best of times :blank:

Lieeees :p

It's just gas beign released from the joints or something.

Anyways, I crack waaaay too much, like whenver I am sitting doing notihng i'll be trying ot crack my bones, usually my hands.

When I'm walking with my blazer I'm either holding one of the edges or I have a hand in one of the insides pocket.

Also, for some reason people seem to think I have absoluterly no balance at all... It's just how I get up and walk when there's lots of people about !_!

Lieeees :p

It's just gas beign released from the joints or something.

Are you saying cracking our fists is like farting from your fingers?

Well, not really, it's more letting the gas into the bloodstream or something. I really don't know, but it definitely doesn't give you arthritis. (as in, it's not a direct cause, it probably slightly contributes, but then so does typing a lot :/)

i always have to have the seatbelt on in the car

even if we arent moving :(

i just do.. no one judge me!

greg always has to text me whenever he gets home after driving back from mine... ALWAYS ( make him)

i panic if he doesnt...!!!

ill think of more

Are you saying cracking our fists is like farting from your fingers?

I'm pretty sure my biology teacher told us once that its just the fluid which makes your joints go smoothly (can't remember what its called) moving from one area to an area which doesn't have any because of the position your joint is in... Or something like that.

There's a whole wikipedia page on it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracking_joints

The highlights:

The physical mechanism is as yet unproven, but suggested theories include:

Cavitation within the joint—small cavities of partial vacuum form in the fluid then rapidly collapse, producing a sharp sound. This explains the popping that can occur in any joint, such as during spinal manipulation. Synovial fluid cavitation is the most likely theory and substantial evidence exists in support of it. (Discussed in detail below.) [3]

Rapid stretching of ligaments.

Adhesions being broken, which simply means that as two cartilage surfaces are pressed together, they form adhesions, and when the joints are separated this makes the popping or cracking sound.

A single event is not enough to cause damage to the joint, although there is a hypothesis that prolonged joint stress due to cracking knuckles may eventually lead to a higher risk of joint damage. However, the long-term consequences of this practice have not been studied thoroughly, and the scientific evidence is inconclusive. The common parental advice "cracking your knuckles gives you arthritis" is not supported by any evidence, but habitual knuckle crackers are more likely to have hand swelling and lower grip strength.[6]

I hardly ever wear socks either, I'm not wearing any now! Woo.

--

I talk to myself, I do it so often it annoys my mates. Also, I say "Bugger" alot, I have no idea why. No-one else I know says it, so I have no idea why I do.

--

I talk to myself, I do it so often it annoys my mates. Also, I say "Bugger" alot, I have no idea why. No-one else I know says it, so I have no idea why I do.

i do that too :o

(talk to myself and say bugger :P)

i also said to myself one day "i talk to myself a while lot" (i think i was thinking it and by accident it came out)

Cool! Do you want to join the Barefoot Gang? :D:heh:

i always have to have the seatbelt on in the car

even if we arent moving :(

i just do.. no one judge me!

That's good! :D

I do the same, I always have to wear my seatbelt. Without Fail! :)

i do that too :o

(talk to myself and say bugger :P)

i also said to myself one day "i talk to myself a while lot" (i think i was thinking it and by accident it came out)

lol - Someone else that says Bugger/Talks to themselves, Woo!:yay:

-

Yeah, I want to join Coolness!:D

Hmmm lets see odd things... myself. lol :heh:

Seriously though, like someone else mentioned, brushing my teeth randomly. Can't help it, then just think in the middle of brushing wait.....the fuck....

I will do this twice as often with mouthwash if there is any in the house. I also wash my hands loads, if I feel anything may have dirtied them slightly I like to wash them. Also, I nearly always listen to music before I go to bed and frequently fall asleep while listening. And if I am having a photo of me taken, you can bet I will stick both my thumbs up and pull a face like this >> :hehe:

When i have a big mac i have to do this, or it doesnt seem to taste right.

1: Take of the top bun

2: Flip the top burger over

3: Then flip bother burgers over together

4: Put the bun back on

5: Turn the entire big mac upside down

6: Eat it

Sometimes it tastes ok if i just do step 5, but i gotta do that at least.

lol - Someone else that says Bugger/Talks to themselves, Woo!:yay:

-

Yeah, I want to join Coolness!:D

Awesome! :) Welcome aboard!

*hands over the BAREFOOT GANG T-shirt* :D

Sometimes I chew my thumb. I also tend to to make a loud croaking noise with my throat.

When i have a big mac i have to do this, or it doesnt seem to taste right.

1: Take of the top bun

2: Flip the top burger over

3: Then flip bother burgers over together

4: Put the bun back on

5: Turn the entire big mac upside down

6: Eat it

Sometimes it tastes ok if i just do step 5, but i gotta do that at least.

Surely you must at least do step 6 as well =P