NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Quirky or Strange Things That You Do

When posting in this thread, consider the following:

1. Have you ever done anything, like an action, or said something that seems completely fine to you, but somebody else thinks that you are strange or un-ordinary for doing it?

2. Do you do things in your own particular way, in which all logic is thrown out of the window?

3. Do you think of strange things that nobody else even thinks about?

My reason for this thread: A friend of mine came around to our place the other week, and he said to me:

"Hey, I saw you looking a bit lost last week."

"....wha?"

"well, you got off the bus, and you were looking around like you were being followed."

"ooooo! Yeah, I look around at everything when I walk."

"ok..."

It's true, when I walk, I do things which are a bit...daft. Walking, to me, is just getting from one place to the other, I don't see it as exercise. I walk because I need to get somewhere. So, whilst I'm walking, if it's to the shops, or into town, I just make it as eventful as possible. I sing to myself, hum, and just generally look around at everything. Then, I think about films, and music, or anything, and ask myself questions. "what would it be like if I was a secret agent right now?"

I sing a lot to myself. I was in the kitchen earlier making a cuppa and I occassionally grab the mop and pretend I'm a rock star. Life is boring, you've got to make it fun, so I try to make it a laugh, and it usually works, hoo-har.

What do you do? *ahem*

When i get bored i start fiddling with everything around me.

Mostly just to take it apart and then explain to the person who owns why i took it part and can´t put it back together.

Or sometimes when i get REALLY bored i watch TV while sitting up side downs

I like taking one shoe and sock off, and leaving the other shoe and sock on. I didn't see anything wrong with this until my sister started complaining about how odd it was. :heh:

I always have a giant bottle of water and a bottle of ketchup in my room...

If a room has two light switches then the one that gets used most often has to be in the right position, let me explain...

In our kitchen we have a light switch by the door that leads into the hall and another that is by an old door leading outside that no-one ever uses. Now, the one by the hall has to be in the right position. So if I go into the kitchen and turn the light on, but put the switch into the off position (because someone had used the other one) I would then have to use the other switch to get the hall one correct. It often results in turning the lights on and off a few times until I get it right!

Also the knobs on our cooker can be pushed in when not in use, I get very annoyed when people don't push them back in and so always do it myself!

I still run up the stairs on all fours. It's actually easier that way, not to mention faster and more fun. I've also been told that when I talk to people I look them directly in the eyes which is apparently fine for most people but for shy people its a little intimidating :wtf:

I do that looking around thing too, but I totally don't think what it would be like to be a secret agent and I most definitely do not think of myself saving the school from terrorists and the likes.....

I straighten my hair occaisionally, which I suppose is pretty strange for a guy although getting more and more common (no, I'm not emo).

I also no longer live by the rule "bro's before hoe's".

I keep quiet a lot then when I think of something and say it out loud everyone laughs.

I say some fact that seems pertfectly legible in my head but they laugh, and laugh.

That's pretty much it. I act funny all the time.

I don't think I've ever had a serious conversation with anyone ever. It's always been something funny I've talked, or been talked, to about.

When I look out teh window and see somebody walking past the house. I like to yell at them, because I know they can't hear me.

i wash my hands when i wake up, then like every 2 hours while im awake, dunno why.

And will always wash a glass with water before i drink from it, even if its just been cleaned, cant help it lol.

i feel a little uncomfortable talking to people (in person or on the phone) or eating when i'm on public transport. i dont know why... but i just want to sit still and not do anything... which is a problem when i spend 6 hours on a train to visit jamba and come off the other end having not eaten or spoken to anyone >__< i feel really spaced. coffee normally sorts that right out though ^__^

...it's not that i CAN'T or won't do it - just that if i'm not super hungry i just won't eat. and if someone calls my phone apparently i sound really weird and distracted or unhappy...

also! when i walk around, i used to watch the ground all the time. because when i was little i was always finding interesting things... so i thought "hey! gotta keep my eye on the ground!" and it's just sort of stuck... ^__^

the best thing i ever found was a little beanbag lizzard keyring. i named him eddie. but that was a long time ago... eddie is gone now...

..i don't want to talk about it. *wanders off*

I subconciously brush my teeth.

Like, when I'm doing my homework, and I get suck on a question, I just automatically go to the bathroom and pick up the toothbrush without thinking about it.

It's weird.

1. Have you ever done anything, like an action, or said something that seems completely fine to you, but somebody else thinks that you are strange or un-ordinary for doing it?

All the Time!!! Today i suddenly had an overwhelming sense that a hat had just been placed on top of my head and so decided to completely knock off the imaginary hat with my hands quickly completely messing up my untidy hair , at which point i had 3 people looking at me like WHAT THE HELL?

2. Do you do things in your own particular way, in which all logic is thrown out of the window?

Again Yes! :D

*looks at his threads*

Yes! My mind goes a mile a minute and my thoughts go into weird and unusal places it is really fun but when i try to speak my mind it either comes up as a random question or complete nonsense. :)

I still run up the stairs on all fours. It's actually easier that way, not to mention faster and more fun.

I do that! I have never found out why I do it, obviously I don't do it while in public but.

I also move my feet inwards when sitting down, it's nothing to do with my feet but it's a habit I've gotten into.

Rolling my sheelves, I wear long jackets alot and I hate clothing mostly on my arms.

Accents, if I sit with someone with a strong accent for more than an hour I pick it up too. :indeed:

All the Time!!! Today i suddenly had an overwhelming sense that a hat had just been placed on top of my head and so decided to completely knock off the imaginary hat with my hands quickly completely messing up my untidy hair , at which point i had 3 people looking at me like WHAT THE HELL?

Again Yes! :D

*looks at his threads*

Yes! My mind goes a mile a minute and my thoughts go into weird and unusal places it is really fun but when i try to speak my mind it either comes up as a random question or complete nonsense. :)

I'm making you a badge Sir! Yes a badge with sparkly bit and makes noises and not in ANY way awarded by the Queen. A queen maybe but not THE Queen.

I can´t sit with my feet straight down,i just have to have them in a cross or wrapped around each other

Rolling my sheelves, I wear long jackets alot and I hate clothing mostly on my arms.

Accents, if I sit with someone with a strong accent for more than an hour I pick it up too. :indeed:

Crap I do those too! ::shrug:

But the accents thing is only with english accents. It's because I'm from all over so I have be the potential to sway.

i do those things... but i never considered them quirky :wtf: heheh ^_^

Crap I do those too! ::shrug:

But the accents thing is only with english accents. It's because I'm from all over so I have be the potential to sway.

same, haha I consider them quirky because nobody bar you two I know does it.

I'm making you a badge Sir! Yes a badge with sparkly bit and makes noises and not in ANY way awarded by the Queen. A queen maybe but not THE Queen.

Thank you! :D

Why?

I try accents and they all end up Indian! :wtf:

I still run up the stairs on all fours. It's actually easier that way, not to mention faster and more fun. I've also been told that when I talk to people I look them directly in the eyes which is apparently fine for most people but for shy people its a little intimidating :wtf:

Both of these. I also jump down stairs, and clear railings/walls if it allows a more direct route to wherever I'm headed. However, I no longer run anywhere; chalk that up to a 'friend' asking me to run somewhere simply so he could take the piss out of the way I run.

On the flipside of the eye contact thing, when walking around my gaze is locked to the floor. I'm not looking for treasure, only solace in isolation.