NEurope
Solo

Heath Ledger.. found dead.

My god! This is awful! He was a splendid actor, espicially in Brokeback with Jake Gyllenhaal.

R.I.P Heath :(

There's a brilliant film he was in called Candy. That's gonna be a lot harder to watch now :(

R.I.P. to the Joker and one of the guys who was with Alan Tudyk in A Knights Tale.

I know it sounds daft, because I didn't personally know the guy or anything, but this still hasn't sunk in. It's almost hard to believe how he won't be around anymore, and that's going to be even harder to imagine not seeing him in another film after The Dark Knight comes out.

I know it sounds daft, because I didn't personally know the guy or anything, but this still hasn't sunk in. It's almost hard to believe how he won't be around anymore, and that's going to be even harder to imagine not seeing him in another film after The Dark Knight comes out.

Agreed. It's going to be wierd seeing The Dark Night with him in it (had he finished filming?). He was fantastic in Brokeback, and really deserved the oscar, it's a shame he'll never get one.

This is awful, it's going to be very unsettling to watch one of his films again.

I'm actually really upset....i hate drugs, i really do.

Such a talent wasted.

I really liked some of his movies, but can't say I'm that sad about it, specially if he did it to him self.

Agreed. It's going to be wierd seeing The Dark Night with him in it (had he finished filming?). He was fantastic in Brokeback, and really deserved the oscar, it's a shame he'll never get one.

Its in post production. He was filming 'The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus'

Its in post production. He was filming 'The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus'

Ah right ok, I thought he had. He was filming that only 3 days ago with pictures of him looking pretty happy. I wonder what went wrong?

What a tragic waste of wonderful talent.

That sums up my thoughts nicely. I never watched Brokeback Mountain all the way through, but it was a great film, especially him.

A terrible shame, in all...

According to the Beeb, it seems intentional: "We are investigating the possibility of an overdose," police spokesman Paul Browne said. "There were pills within the vicinity of the bed."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/movies/moviesspecial/04lyal.html?_r=4&pagewanted=1&ref=arts&oref=slogin

An interview with him not so long ago. Here's an interesting part:

He tends to do that. He is here in London filming the latest episode of the “Batman†franchise, “The Dark Knight.†(Mr. Bale, as it happens, plays Batman; Mr. Ledger plays the Joker.) It is a physically and mentally draining role — his Joker is a “psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy†he said cheerfully — and, as often happens when he throws himself into a part, he is not sleeping much.

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,†he said. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.†One night he took an Ambien, which failed to work. He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing.

Even as he spoke, Mr. Ledger was hard-pressed to keep still. He got up and poured more coffee. He stepped outside into the courtyard and smoked a cigarette. He shook his hair out from under its hood, put a rubber band around it, took out the rubber band, put on a hat, took off the hat, put the hood back up. He went outside and had another cigarette. Polite and charming, he nonetheless gave off the sense that the last thing he wanted to do was delve deep into himself for public consumption. “It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself,†is how he put it, a little apologetically.

Perhaps that's where his problems started?

Now this is disastrous, was really looking forward to seeing him in the new Batman movie. He was pretty good in Knights Tale.

So young as well, but you never know when the time is up. RIP

TMZ.com, the website that broke the news - has now said

"Cops tell TMZ Heath Ledger's death was accidental."
and that he
"had a substance abuse problem. A Ledger confidante tells us he had been clean for a year."

Bollocks, He was such an awesome actor.

Oh man, this is shocking, i really liked his films and he was just getting better and better, Knights Tale was one of my fav films for a feel good film that the g/f liked for the love story aspect.

What will become of the new Batman film now? Had he finished filming?

This is such a shock, I barely believed it when I saw the thread. Such a terrible waste. I honestly hope it was an accidental overdose, purely because he came across as such a great guy it would be horrible to think he was hiding any problems.

Such a waste of great talent. RIP.