Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I've Never Felt So Angry!

Slaggis

I just had the police on my doorstep. After all the crap of being threatened, beaten up, having my house broken into, they came round to say I am being taken to court.:(

I have been accused of making up the fact I was threatend on school property, because the caretaker has said "The door was locked". Seriously.

I've been told I have been lying about the whole thing, and they now have the evidence they need to take things further! Evidence? Some 50 year old man saying he locked a door? Wow. I was told numerous times my accounts of being threatened were not enough because they were "1vs1" so whats different about this? Alot, apparently.:heh:

I have been given two options, either continue with my story (i.e the truth) and have the chance of getting a criminal record for the rest of my life and not being able to do the course I want in Uni, or tell them I'm lying, get a £80 fine and thats the end of it, no criminal record. The policeman said "even if you are telling the truth, saying your lying would be the best option"!

Isn't that statement completely contradicting the charge?:shakehead

I'm so utterly pissed off, I was half crying, half wanting to hit the policeman when he was explaining this to me. Where the fuck is the justice in this?:(:confused:

Happy new year Haggis!:(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want justice, the police won't help.

Sorry man but I think he is right, it sounds like it would be easier to say you were lying.

Its probably best to consult a lawyer though.

Unfortunately I think a lawyer would say the same thing... and then charge you for the 5 minutes you've been with him.

It's complete BS as its "he said, I said" but I think you should just pay tbh.

That's absolutly stupid how they can turn it round like that.

If it was me I would consider going to court, just to highlight the fact that your not lying. The being taken to court thing might just be a threat so you just drop it, i dunno.

However the £80 option does seem the best bet for leaving without a record. Even if you do come out looking like a liar.

This is the thing, after they did bugger all to stop me getting beaten up, and then consequantly threatened for 3 months, they then accuse me of lying becuase one caretaker says he locked the door (the door the 3 guys came out of and chased me), obviously to save himself form getting the sack.

It's fucking pathetic. I have to pay £80 to tell them everything I'm saying is a lie. :mad:

The first thing that sprang to mind while reading this was Police Chief Wiggum, lazily rolling in two hours late then deleting 70+ messages on the station's 911 answering machine.

"Aww man, can't anyone take the law into their own hands for a change?"

I'm willing to bet they've got strict targets to meet and dropping it simply saves them time and cash.

As unfair as it sounds when looked from a neutral standpoint there´s not much you can do unless the ones you accuse confess.

Just imagine how this will look like after 10 years. I say pay the fine because if you go on a criminal record it will be something that can drag you back a lot

Man, I'd not back down. Justice needs to be done eventually, there'd be no way I'd say it was all a lie when it was not.

What is your proof on the matter, anyway? Injuries? Doctor's records? Doesn't the school have any cameras? How can this caretaker guy say he definitely locked it? What time did it happen? Does he always lock the door at the same time?

Also I'd record the policeman saying that next time :P

Yeah, I was about to suggest that too.

What's your parents take on all of this? I can't imagine they're ecstatic about the whole thing.

My mum threw them out before they finished telling me why I was lying and how it' ok to want attention. They're coming back tomorrow, but I'm calling the up and telling them to wait because I have a right to legal advice. I'll talk to the people Noodleman mentioned before I say anything else to them.

Though, I can see me having to lie in the statement and say I was lying, because I don't want my future ruined because of some bastards that threatened me with a knife and a crappy little caretaker who can't admit to what he did.

Thanks for the advice though, it's really, really appreciated.

--

@Jay - There the sort of questions I was asking, and I was told "It's always locked, it's rarely opened and yes the school have cameras, but not where it happened. They have me on camera walking to the place I said it happened, and the time I said it happened, but thats not enough apparently. A caretakers word is better than the word of a teenagers it seems.

Push with what you claim to be the truth (not saying I don't believe you, but there are now two versions: yours and the caretakers). One person claiming to "rarely unlock a door (and therefore possibly having done so) vs you demonstratably being in the area at the time and you having no reason to state it took place in school as apposed to elsewhere for reasons other than honesty, and you win.

You're only lying if they prove you are. Point out the last thing I said about a a lack of reason for lying about it being on school ground to your solicitor/legal advisor. Don't point that out to the police (unless said legal advisor suggests you do), it could be viewed as attempting to pervert the cause of justice.

They can't prove you weren't threatened, and therefore not were you said you were, and as such they cannot realistically charge you with wasting police time.

BTW, I think they're bullshitting you saying they'll fine you but you'll get no criminal record, you cannot be fined without being charged with a criminal offense.

They could charge him with wasting police time, but the only way to do that would be to prove he or those he accuses were elsewhere.

Nothing worth doing was ever easy, fight it.

BTW, I think they're bullshitting you saying they'll fine you but you'll get no criminal record, you cannot be fined without being charged with a criminal offense.

Well, apparently, if I lie, and tell them I was lying, I get a "ticket". I pay the fine, and then I get no criminal record, but the only thing is on the crime database (that only the police have access too) it will say the offence. Basically, if I call 999 and say my name, they'll see the offence. But the offence will not need to be mentioned in a job interview etc, and if a job or uni course says "no one with a criminal record" I'll be able to apply because I won't have one...sort of.

I want to fight it, I really do. But they way my year went last year, I just want this over as quickly as possible, and if it means there's no chance of me getting a criminal record for something that I never did, them I'll have to do it. I don't want to risk my entire future on the CPS choosing whether or not to charge me.

I would really like to punch the caretaker that spoke to them though.

@Fish - They say, that it can't have happened because the caretaker says the place I said they came out of, was locked up. They know I was there, it's whether it happend or not that they are apparently questioning. But, the police believe I'm lying, so I'm very worried that If I decide to persue justice, that I'd get found guilty and lose having the future I want.

Nothing worth doing was ever easy, fight it.

Hes right, they would have to charge you with wasting police time which i doubt they would, why would a criminal record stop you from getting into uni?

I want to fight it, I really do. But they way my year went last year, I just want this over as quickly as possible, and if it means there's no chance of me getting a criminal record for something that I never did, them I'll have to do it. I don't want to risk my entire future on the CPS choosing whether or not to charge me.

I would really like to punch the caretaker that spoke to them though.

Punching him will get you a criminal record... :indeed:

If you are telling the truth (if you're not, you've got a career ahead of you as an internet conman - you've got me and most of the forum on your side... :wink:), then stick with it to the bitter end.

Hes right, they would have to charge you with wasting police time which i doubt they would, why would a criminal record stop you from getting into uni?

I'm not allowed to work with animals or children for a certain number of years for having a police record (That makes me sound like a peadophile or a animal abuser). Also, if there were two people with the same qualifications, one with a criminal record, who would you hire?

@Fish - I said I'd like to, I wouldn't actually punch him. :) - I'm just petrified of losing the future I want because of the crappy british legal system.

I'm not allowed to work with animals or children for a certain number of years for having a police record (That makes me sound like a peadophile or a animal abuser). Also, if there were two people with the same qualifications, one with a criminal record, who would you hire?

The one without, but it doesn's matter! You will not get charged with wasting police time unless they can demonstrate you or those that you say threatened you were not there. You've been assaulted and threatened enough, and you were, provably, in the area, making your accusations highly plausible.

How old are you now, Its ten years for it to clear, but you would still be able to get into uni, i am pretty sure of that. You could always take the fine and not pay it because they wont bother following it up.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!