NEurope
flameboy

31 is no age...

Yesterday was awful my half sister from my dads 1st marriage had a heart attack and stopped breathing in the middle of the friday night, thankfully her husband managed to help start her breathing whilst my 12 year old niece rang the ambulance. She had to have the defibulator after a 2nd heart attack She has hand stents put in her heart to help the valves but what will happen from now is anyones guess, she is/as in a coma, which should leave today when they take her off sedativesis they feel she is up to it. Then have to assess if she has suffered any brain damage.

Went to see her (she lives down in birmingham so was quite a trip) was so sad..hooked up to so many machines keeping her alive....a very hallowing experience and her husband and my niece are heroes.

Ah man that sucks. Do they know why she keeps on having them?

not really...they are concerntrating on stablizing her now. They think it called have been caused by a clot.

Good luck to her. You haven't said categorically or anything but she sounds really strong, plus with a husband and a daughter like that she couldn't ask for more. Proper heroes those two.

I'm a little confused though, did she have two in quick succession then?

Good luck to her. You haven't said categorically or anything but she sounds really strong, plus with a husband and a daughter like that she couldn't ask for more. Proper heroes those two.

I'm a little confused though, did she have two in quick succession then?

Basically yes...one at home, then she was resuscitated then she had another upon arrival at the hospital. She has had the stents put in her heart to help the valves etc... and to prevent further attacks with any luck.

She is stable which is the most crucial thing so far.

Thoughts are with you...

there's not a lot more to add to that. so glad o hear she's in a stable condition, good luck to her, and my thoughts to all her family, her husband and her brave little girl :heart:

I'm really sorry to hear that Flameboy, but it's good to hear that she's fighting on and has two heroes by her side. :)

Damn man that sucks, glad to hear she pulled through though as from the title and a quick mouseover I thought the thread was going to wield far worse news. Good luck to her, sure she'll be fine now.

And you're right, 31 is far too early for such a thing.

I hope they have a treatment for whatever is causing it. Hope she pulls through.

Went to see her (she lives down in birmingham so was quite a trip) was so sad..hooked up to so many machines keeping her alive....a very hallowing experience and her husband and my niece are heroes.

I can understand this, its an absolutely horrible feeling and really hits you.

I hope she makes it through okay, and my thoughts are with you.

I hope she is ok. Remember there are plenty of people willing to lend an ear if you ever want to talk.

Such a horrible thing to happen to someone who's still young. I wish her a speedy recovery.

Thanks everyone really touching messages..Just had this odd moment wondering why the f**k I posted on here about this but then I'm sure everyone who has personal problems does have that moment when they are wondering why post about it.

That's horrible, sorry to hear about it - especially at such a young age. Hope she's alright soon.

That really sucks man. The thing is though, considering what happened, the chances she has for living a normal life instead of just dying could be considered rather lucky :smile:

Hopefully she'll manage to fully recover.

That's terrible. It's horrible to see people hooked up to machines like that. It's even worse that there's nothing you can do to help them at all. You just have to hope and pray that she'll get better soon.