Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Dogs

Kirkatronics

weve jumped a bit off topic in the 'general public' thread, so lets talk about it here.

do you have any?

doyou want one?

do you believe a dog is dangerous because of its breed, or the way its brought up?

personally, we have a family pet called roger.

hes a bit frisky and barks alot,but hes scared of most things.

although he likes to take lids of things like bottles.

Found this:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a one eyed labrador, which we got from a rescue center last year.

Its the best dog ever!! Just so well behaved and playful, can take her for walks without the lead as she won't leave your side, always wants to play ball.

Just the sort of dog you always want!

Picture of her:

28072007017uz6.jpg

Axle

axlemw6.jpg

He is a short haired weimaraner, we got him after Taz (Axle's brother) died, they were both of the same litter so would of been exactly the same age. Axle previous owner's had to give him up and it seemed a bit like fate so we adopted him.

I may put up some pictures if I can be bothered to.

I have a one eyed labrador, which we got from a rescue center last year.

Its the best dog ever!! Just so well behaved and playful, can take her for walks without the lead as she won't leave your side, always wants to play ball.

Just the sort of dog you always want!

Picture of her:

28072007017uz6.jpg

i feel bad now :( i looked and thought "brilliant timing on that photo, looks like hes winking"

then i read the post :(

sound like a brilliant dog tho =]

I love dogs, but I don't have one myself. A friend (well, not anymore) has a bouvier des flandres, which is absolutely huge, but has a problem at barking at anything and anyone.

I don't like the appearance of spaniels, but that's just personal prefereance. Pit bulls, Staffordshire bull terriers, and rottweilers all annoy me, but, again, thats personal preference, this time against notoriously violent dogs.

I especially love huskies, and may get one in later life.

Poodles need to be shot. Now.

Your an idiot, I had a rottweiler and it was not in the slightest bit violent. It is how it is raised not the breed. Sure they have a history of violence but that is because the owners either raised them to be guard dogs or didn't raise them properly.

Your narrow mindedness is annoying a lot of people.

Your an idiot, I had a rottweiler and it was not in the slightest bit violent. It is how it is raised not the breed. Sure they have a history of violence but that is because the owners either raised them to be guard dogs or didn't raise them properly.

Your narrow mindedness is annoying a lot of people.

Are you seriously telling me genetics and instinct has nothing to do with it what so ever? Yes, how you raise it is a big feature, but so is the breed. Also, the fact you owned one pretty much rules you out of having an unbiased opinion, and you're likely to have had affection for it. Also, there's a difference between violence and aggression.

I'm not expecting to be loved in this: I am, after all, telling people that their beloved pets are nasty little buggers, because, well, they generally are. In fact, Ashmat seems to be the only one here who doesn't own one (as far as I can tell), and still thinks they're nice. Everyone else who loves them also owns one. Yep, I'm definitely the closed minded, entirely unbiased, and unlikely to be irrational one here....

Are you seriously telling me genetics and instinct has nothing to do with it what so ever? Yes, how you raise it is a big feature, but so is the breed. Also, the fact you owned one pretty much rules you out of having an unbiased opinion, and you're likely to have had affection for it. Also, there's a difference between violence and aggression.

I'm not expecting to be loved in this: I am, after all, telling people that their beloved pets are nasty little buggers, because, well, they generally are. In fact, Ashmat seems to be the only one here who doesn't own one (as far as I can tell), and still thinks they're nice. Everyone else who loves them also owns one. Yep, I'm definitely the closed minded, entirely unbiased, and unlikely to be irrational one here....

you said yourself you dont like them.

and mentioning instinct.. people have instincs, but because were in a civilised society.. we dont adere to them, most of them anyway.

you said yourself you dont like them.

and mentioning instinct.. people have instincs, but because were in a civilised society.. we dont adere to them, most of them anyway.

I don't like them because they are aggressive and, at times, violent. If they weren't, I would be indifferent.

I don't like poodles because I feel the look stupid. I'm not accusing them of being aggressive or violent, am I?

Yes, people have instincts. One of the few we don't ignore is the one which makes us defend those we care about, irrationally if needed.

I was talking about dogs and instincts, anyway.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!