Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Have you ever cried at the end of a film/TV show? Was is it for happy or sad reasons?

Coolness Bears

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan

Yes, i'm a heartless bastard.

I sat through went felt like a life time of utter bs that, that film was. Why the fuck would you go see a movie where the ending was blantently obvious and felt as emotional as a lump of stone.

Leonardo DiCaprio is a damn, damn good actor... but he sucks in that film.

I sat through went felt like a life time of utter bs that, that film was. Why the fuck would you go see a movie where the ending was blantently obvious and felt as emotional as a lump of stone.

You could say that about any WW2 film then, might as well take all the awards away from Saving Private Ryan since it's so "predictable".

Surely the fact that you know something is going to happen, but importantly - the characters don't - is a powerful piece of story-telling?

Guest Jordan
You could say that about any WW2 film then, might as well take all the awards away from Saving Private Ryan since it's so "predictable".

I didn't particularly enjoy SPR, I was much more of a Band of Brothers person. I really enjoyed that, because of its historical 'accuracy' and how the characters portrayed on the screen were close to their real life counter parts.

Surely the fact that you know something is going to happen, but importantly - the characters don't - is a powerful piece of story-telling?

I suppose you could put it that way.

I don't mind other people enjoying movies, not at all. Just let me be open to my opinions ;)

I suppose you could put it that way.

I don't mind other people enjoying movies, not at all. Just let me be open to my opinions ;)

Just find it strange you didn't even cry the once...you must be made of some pretty hard stuff, dude. :heh:

My mate left the cinema before the end cos he was in tears. Hahahaha.

Guest Jordan
Just find it strange you didn't even cry the once...you must be made of some pretty hard stuff, dude. :heh:

My mate left the cinema before the end cos he was in tears. Hahahaha.

Like i said in a previous post. Stuff moves me... but never to tears. Unless you know, its so bad that i'm bored to tears. But thats in a metaphorical sense.

Stuff in real life makes me cry though. So i'm not that messed up :)

Like i said in a previous post. Stuff moves me... but never to tears. Unless you know, its so bad that i'm bored to tears. But thats in a metaphorical sense.

I think my housemate is like that. She isn't into many films, because she doesn't see the point in crying over something that ain't real.

Cried and/or make me feel very sad :-

The Lord of the Rings : The Return of the King

Armageddon

Forrest Gump

The Green Mile

Castaway

Gladiator

Schinder's List

The Pianist

E.T

George Mason's sacrifice and Edgar's death

Happy tear's :-

The Shawshank Redemption

Love Actually

Guest Jordan
Cried and/or make me feel very sad :-

The Lord of the Rings : The Return of the King

Was this due to the strange homoerotic bit at the end on Frodo's bed?

That shit is weird.

i almost cried to titanic. because it was one of the worst films ever.

"im the king of the world!"

if i was kate winslet id have slapped him for that line.

Shut up, you. :heh:

also, short circuit 2, when johney 5 is attacked and dying breaks my heart every time.

That's one of the bits my housemate cries at. And when he writes on the wall to ask his friend for help. :(

There were a few emotional moments in Lord of the Rings. The death of Boromir when he died fighting to save the Hobbits, Denethor telling Faramir that he'd rather he had died instead of Boromir (and the scene where Faramir attempts to retake Osgiliath), Sam's "there's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for" speech, and the final leg of the journey, when Frodo and Sam are climbing Mt. Doom.

Same reason you would say the same two words in a row perhaps?

(Blatantly obvious mean the same thing. I think you're looking for the word "patently" :p)

Im the opposite. I don't cry in real life.

And I haven't seen Titanic so I can't really say whether it made me cry or not. Doubt it now though. Its been parodied so much I just wouldn't be able to take it seriously.

Never, presumably because I'm dead inside.

No, I can be moved by films but I tend to go for reflection rather than tears. Take Pan's Labyrinth, for example: I was saddened by the end, but it made me think rather than cry.

I'm simply not a teary person. In fact until a month or so ago I hadn't cried for well over ten years. I don't think there's anything wrong with crying, and I'm far more emotional than some people give me credit for, but I'm not going to force myself to well up simply because it's 'the done thing'.

I remember crying at the end of Godzilla.

I did too! I was 10 mind...

Was this due to the strange homoerotic bit at the end on Frodo's bed?

That shit is weird.

I think I was upset because the fantastic trilogy that I was obsessd with, had come to and end and there would be no more.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!